The NHL Thread (10 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
thank you very much. you shouldn't take your hockey frustrations out on me. even though i realize how annoying it can be dealing with a noobie following a team which passed :tup:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I love how Nozric has the audacity to talk shit and his team barely passed and if somehow makes it past the next round with all the injuries they have, they'll definitely get knocked out in the one after that.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I love how Nozric has the audacity to talk shit and his team barely passed and if somehow makes it past the next round with all the injuries they have, they'll definitely get knocked out in the one after that.
i'll take barely passed against the defending stanley cup champs over not passing. whichever way you twist it it's a pretty huge accomplishment for the caps - considering the form they've had this year.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You make no sense.

But on the real, Ovie is averaging less than 20 minutes a game in the playoffs. That's crazy for a guy of his caliber.
it seems that the coach has a tough time finding the balance between offense and defense when ovie is on. he's very good at forchecking, but just stands around and watches when the other team has puck possession in the caps zone.

wideman - hamrlik
brouwer - backstrom - ovie

something like that could function, but they don't really get alot of icetime together.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
it seems that the coach has a tough time finding the balance between offense and defense when ovie is on. he's very good at forchecking, but just stands around and watches when the other team has puck possession in the caps zone.

wideman - hamrlik
brouwer - backstrom - ovie

something like that could function, but they don't really get alot of icetime together.
It's a matter of Ovie doing what the coach tells him to, than it is placing him on the right line. He's used to having a "free role" out on the ice, but hasn't adapted to the team first philosophy as well as other guys have. It's that philosophy that has the Caps where they are right now. He needs to put his ego aside and play hard, tough 2 way hockey. The Caps are going to need him if they're going to progress because the other teams still in it play that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)