The NHL Thread (3 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Hells yes!! With the second overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry draft, the Boston Bruins select....

Well I'm hoping it's Taylor Hall, considering he's a good ole' Kingston boy (my home town), and he'd be a fantastic complement to our outstanding corps of centers...

I know that a lot of people think that Hall will go first (I think he will), but given Edmonton's needs at center, and Seguin's standing in Central Scouting's rankings... well, it's far from a sure think that Edmonton will pick Hall.

Either way, it's looking as though my team's getting a franchise caliber player!
Time to open a bottle of wine!

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Yeah, I have only met him once, at a softball tourney. Muller, Gilmour, Orr, etc... all those guys had a pretty cool tournament for a few years. Grapes went to my elementary school though. He also chills with my buddies dad, sometimes (on Wolfe Island... those guys love the duck hunting, etc).

I was born in Ottawa but raised a Kingstonian from year one. I wouldn't want to live there now.. which is why I don't, obviously... but Kingston was a nice place to grow up. Nice being on lake Ontario, quite a bit of history, etc.

Lots of polarity between the classes though... I suppose that's what having 6 penitentiaries, etc., will do to a city of 120,000. I remember some statistics with it having some pretty high crime/drug rates per capita, but I always felt safe, and thought it was a good place to grow up.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Taylor Hall would be an outstanding addition to my Bruins.
:juventus:

7:00 = dinner time. Have a good night, Max.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hells yes!! With the second overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry draft, the Boston Bruins select....

Well I'm hoping it's Taylor Hall, considering he's a good ole' Kingston boy (my home town), and he'd be a fantastic complement to our outstanding corps of centers...

I know that a lot of people think that Hall will go first (I think he will), but given Edmonton's needs at center, and Seguin's standing in Central Scouting's rankings... well, it's far from a sure think that Edmonton will pick Hall.

Either way, it's looking as though my team's getting a franchise caliber player!
Time to open a bottle of wine!
Oh, shut up.

And fuck you too, max.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Oh, shut up.

And fuck you too, max.

:lol: :kiss:

Actually, after wading through clips/interviews/articles for about an hour last night, I think Seguin might have the better head on his shoulders - seems like a high character guy. I also love the fact that Yzerman was his favorite player growing up, and that he patterned his game on Stevie Y. Cant go wrong!

PLAYOFF TIME, BOYS

:scarf: :jvefan: :strong: :touched:

LETS GO RED WINGS!
Let the games begin!
:juventus:

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,193
    My favorite time of year. NHL playoffs starting, school ending, club football reaching its climax, and a summer of football ahead. Cannot beat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)