the new,improved,updated and completely irrelevant 2009-Cassano to Juve thread (1 Viewer)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Montolivo, just like Di Natale, is good when he's the big fish in a small pond. Neither have any real character.

Cassano does. It's odd, but it's there.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Most interesting about that link is not the obvious of Gio obviously staying, but that there is a headline of Criscito to the right, where he says something in the regard of: "Juve, I improve for you".

Many have given him ridicolously exaggerated and bogus grief because they somehow see him as someone who dislikes Juve. Him saying the above isnt news to me, but perhaps might be for those knee-jerkers.

P.S Would appriciate if someone briefly translated his little interview.
No, Osman, he has actually said he doesn't like Juventus quite a few times. It's not that I hate the guy, he's a pro football player and if he thinks Juventus isn't the right club for him, so be it. But he has said several times that he does not think highly of Juventus. So no, I wouldn't want him here.

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #266
    I would be happy to see Cassano sign. But who would lose their place to field him***
    He is a Del Piero type, a fantasista. And why would he sign to play in the bench...Or is Ranieri planning on dropping Del Piero next season*** If not, we would have Gio and Cassano both queuing up to take DP's spot. Too much competition for one place.

Ranieri likes to play the classic Target Man and Flair Merchant in attack...We have plenty of target men, Trez, Amauri, Iaquinta and two flair merchants, DP and Gio...I would happily swap Amauri for Cassano, because we dont need three target men. Though, it still leaves the problem of three flair merchants...AHHHH...

Cassano wont come unless one of our attackers leaves...and if he isn't guaranteed a starting role, why would he leave Samp where he is the star of the show every time they play****

Still, he would be a wicked signing, and who knows, perhaps Ranieri could get the best out of him...
    i think you need to lay off the weed my man, amauri is a tremendous player and will prove very important for us over the next few years, also i would say Trez is anything BUT a target man, goal poacher supreme he may be but target man is not in his repertoire

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Montolivo, just like Di Natale, is good when he's the big fish in a small pond. Neither have any real character.

Cassano does. It's odd, but it's there.
    Perhaps you are right but Montolivo is still growing and young, Di Natale is at his peak or past it.

I actually prefer Aquilani for the central role but he is too injury prone.

Besides, I don't see midfield being a problem for Italy in the future, the immediate problem appears to be finding a long-term partner for Chiellini.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    Perhaps you are right but Montolivo is still growing and young, Di Natale is at his peak or past it.

I actually prefer Aquilani for the central role but he is too injury prone.

Besides, I don't see midfield being a problem for Italy in the future, the immediate problem appears to be finding a long-term partner for Chiellini.
    fullbacks are the real problem that will face italy in the future and wingers (if they're gonna play with the 4-4-2 formation)....

Juventine

Little Witch
    Jul 11, 2008
    P.S Would appriciate if someone briefly translated his little interview.
    `
    http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1903871#post1903871

fullbacks are the real problem that will face italy in the future and wingers (if they're gonna play with the 4-4-2 formation)....
    Slow_Roll said:
    Fb positions could be filled by DC, De Silvestri or Motta depending how they develop.
    How about Santon? Many would not like him because he's from Inter. But right now he does seem to be the most promising one.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    `
    http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1903871#post1903871

How about Santon? Many would not like him because he's from Inter. But right now he does seem to be the most promising one.
    It's sort of hard to say about Santon. I mean he's talent but he's only played very few real matches and there's also the mental part (Balotelli).
    As much as it pains me to say it, Santon looks like a great player. The fact that Mourinho put so much faith in him to start him in the Milan derby says a lot.

Of course like any young player there is a chance he won't reach his potential, but I wouldn't say just coz Balotelli thinks he is the finished articel it doesnt mean Santon will.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Santecroce is good but I wouldn't go that far, if you are talking about perfection I can think of many defenders better than him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    :eyebrows:

Tiago calls for Cassano

Juventus midfielder Tiago Mendes has set his heart on glory in the Bianconeri shirt and has called Antonio Cassano to Turin.

Tiago endured a miserable start to his Juve career after arriving in the summer of 2007.

The Portuguese international failed to impress the demanding fans and was dubbed a flop, but he is slowly settling in Serie A and winning some respect.

I want to win the Scudetto with Juventus this season,” Tiago declared in the Corriere dello Sport.

Some people are saying that the race for the title is over after our draw with Sampdoria and Inter's derby win over Milan, but that is certainly not the case.

“Inter do have a big lead and nine points is a lot, but there are many games left to go and we just need to keep on winning.

“I also want to win the Champions League and we still believe we can do that this year.

I don't know whether we will or if that will have to wait for next season, but one day I would love to lift that trophy.”

Tiago also responded with enthusiasm to recent suggestions that Sampdoria striker Cassano will join Juve.

I would love to see Cassano arrive at the club,” the former Chelsea man stressed.

He is a player of great quality and I am always hearing lots of good things about him.

“I think that he has the potential to make us even better because I believe he could co-exist with Alessandro Del Piero
    .”

channel 4

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Well it all depends on the coming game or two, if he proves to be influential he'll stay as a starter and thus won't be leaving.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    Nice to see Tiago forming a personality and speaking up, it only shows that his confidence is back in him.
    don't worry he will get Ruined again ;)

Im against Casano, even i like him as a player, he is trouble maker. Juve would be step up for him and his carrier, but you could say that Real would do the same, and we know what happened.

However, i think and i hope that im wrong, we are already talking and negotiating this deal, considering all smiles, hugs etc with him at the last game..He even spoke with CR , there are pics in papers too..

Remember Amauri, and game last time?

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Like I said last week those friendly hugs and attitude he showed against us makes me even more sure he'll join us next season and after reading Cobolli's words today, is it close to being a...DONE DEAL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)