the new,improved,updated and completely irrelevant 2009-Cassano to Juve thread (6 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Whether Malesani had him as a starter or not, the kid is obviously talented, he just needs the right coach to nurture him and develop him. I'm afraid Ranieri is stagnating Gio's development. Sad to see such a talent wasted, while the ageing Nedved keeps starting and the average Marchionni keeps playing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
why do you think is gio no regular starter for his last 3 coaches ?

are all those coaches too dumb to see, what every forum member sees ? i doubt it !

even in empoli he was not given many starts and then after the coach change in empoli he still was not a regular starter
Puuuuuuuuuuulezz, we are well past the stage of questioning his obvious talent. He is undoubtly the best talent Italy has right now.

Ranieri has his tactical rigidness that keeps out Gio. Cagni, the idiot coach who benched him now and again, and was weekly called to be a mad man for it in the media, benched Giovinco because of a his size AND because of a well known mentality of small teams not having any stake in players they loan, so they tend to "ignore" them or dont prioritise as little as possible, its a common practive from time to time (thinking why they should care of their development etc. I'm thinking same thing is happening with Pasquato right now, he is coming off the bench alot mainly, they have good senior players, but crap like Corvia is playing ahead of him, and he is a useless player).

For example, Empoli themselves, they didnt play the Milan players they had at loan at first much, but when bought half of them, they started to play all the time. Its a way to hint to the bigger teams to give them a stake for the effort. Especially when the player is a rated (why we sold Siena half of De Ceglie).

For someone who watched basically every Empoli game possible last season, he was their best player by some distance (Empoli veteran and captain like Vannucchi praising him all the time), and Malesani was wise enough to know the obvious that you dont hold back a player like that for petty reasons when he took over, unleashed Gio full time, and got the rewarded for it in able production.

I repeat, there is NO WAY you can doubt Giovinco's obvious talent, he has played 487 minutes in Serie A this season, that amounts to around 5 games, guess how many assists? You guessed it, 5. Second most after Del Piero. But doubt non in the league has that rate of creating off the bench in so few minutes mostly.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Whether Malesani had him as a starter or not, the kid is obviously talented, he just needs the right coach to nurture him and develop him. I'm afraid Ranieri is stagnating Gio's development. Sad to see such a talent wasted, while the ageing Nedved keeps starting and the average Marchionni keeps playing.
Good thing you said it because if someone else did some people would say it's just another thing to bash Ranieri for.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
For someone who watched basically every Empoli game possible last season, he was their best player by some distance (Empoli veteran and captain like Vannucchi praising him all the time), and Malesani was wise enough to know the obvious that you dont hold back a player like that for petty reasons when he took over, unleashed Gio full time, and got the rewarded for it in able production.
Spot on, i've watched every single empoli game last season (missed just two) and giovinco was head and shoulders better than anyone else. Even that dump Cogni was speechless after the Roma game when gio came in as a sub in the last 15 minutes and scored that brilliant free kick.

I remember watching Gio and watching juve's games when nedved played (no offense to he's fans) and thinking what a huge difference between the two. Every single time Gio touched the ball something special came out from he's legs. Losing him would be a HUGE mistake thats for sure.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Great analysis Osman. Gio has done something each time he played this season that has benefitted the team. Neddy has played much more but has less an attractive percentage than gio in terms of productivity per game. This has to be neddys swansong season and gio will either take over for him or start picking up more games next season for DP. The only thing I'm afraid of is the fact that we have Trez, amauri, and IQ that can all play for DP(instead of gio). It will be even more gloomy for gio if we get cassano. I think we should at least try gio in for neddy for a few games consistently and see how he does.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Malesani was Empoli coach for 18 Serie A games. Giovinco started 14 of those games, in two games he was absent and in two a sub. How can you say Giovinco was nowhere near a starter?
check it by yourself ... http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/spieler/52312/sebastian-giovinco/default/2007/leistungsdaten.html

the last 18 matches of the season he did play 8 games for 90 minutes ... the rest of them he was either brought on in the second half or substituted out in the second half

I repeat, there is NO WAY you can doubt Giovinco's obvious talent, he has played 487 minutes in Serie A this season, that amounts to around 5 games, guess how many assists? You guessed it, 5. Second most after Del Piero. But doubt non in the league has that rate of creating off the bench in so few minutes mostly.

i can not help you, if you don't read the full posts ... i already stated that i dont deny that he has good skill/talent . . .

the explanation with the ownership might be a part of a reason, but i find it pretty bizzarre how a team that struggles againts relegation, does have the luxury to play those "mind games"...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
check it by yourself ... http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/spieler/52312/sebastian-giovinco/default/2007/leistungsdaten.html

the last 18 matches of the season he did play 8 games for 90 minutes ... the rest of them he was either brought on in the second half or substituted out in the second half
Thats because Malesani, who took over in November, and started Giovinco all the time, was fired in March, and guess what...the coach for the last 2 months from then on, was yet again, the same idiot who Malesani replaced in november, Cagni (Just to save salary, Italian teams frequently re-hire fired coaches because they are already paying them).

Who went back to his retarded ways of underusing Giovinco, even if he couldnt bench him alltogether as he did in the first months of the season, because Giovinco had established himself as their clear impact player in those 4-5 months under Malesani.

And for the rest of your post, I will let Stephans post speak for me.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008

As Osman already said, Malesani was not the coach for last 18 rounds. Malesani's first was 14th and last 31st round. Even Cagni started with Giovinco (4 games out of 7) when he was re-hired.

But I wouldn't be that hard on Cagni tho. I don't know what went wrong for him last season, but in 2006/07 his Empoli finished as high as 7th, making it to the UEFA Cup.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:agree:

Odd considering Ranieri'sreputation.

What's the point of this thread, really?
We are heavily linked with Cassano.

It would not surprise me if a deal is already done (in principle) for him to join us next season.

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
Cassano would be a great option...I love the guy but Iaquinta is just wasting away at Juve. If Napoli are seriously interested in him and dont make the Champions League places..pressure them to sell Hamsik and swap him with Iaquinta and some cash then bring in Cassano. He wont affect Giovinco's progress because DP will eventually retire...and he will have helped Cassano and Giovinco adapt to the team and the game. We could then rotate Giovinco and Cassano as well as Amauri and Trez, if theyre both still playing by then.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Cassano would be a great option...I love the guy but Iaquinta is just wasting away at Juve. If Napoli are seriously interested in him and dont make the Champions League places..pressure them to sell Hamsik and swap him with Iaquinta and some cash then bring in Cassano. He wont affect Giovinco's progress because DP will eventually retire...and he will have helped Cassano and Giovinco adapt to the team and the game. We could then rotate Giovinco and Cassano as well as Amauri and Trez, if theyre both still playing by then.
Not bad...

Marchisio Sissoko Hamsik
Cassano Giovinco
Amauri

Could work for years.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Showed some nice moves today. Lost a couple of balls but that's ok. He was as friendly with the meelan players and coach as he was with Juve's. It's all an act. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)