The new coach! (1 Viewer)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Donadoni leads Juve race

Sunday 4 June, 2006
Roberto Donadoni is the new hot favourite to replace Fabio Capello at the Juventus helm and confirms he’d gladly take the job.

“I have only read about their interest in me in the newspapers. Of course, I can’t help but he happy about such a story,” said the former Milan player.

With strong reports Capello has agreed a move to Real Madrid if Ramon Calderon wins the Presidential elections, or if Juventus are relegated to Serie B as part of the Calciopoli scandal, the race is on to find a successor.

While Didier Deschamps was the early favourite and Alberto Zaccheroni has also put himself forward for the role, the new front-runner according to the Italian Press is ex-Livorno boss Donadoni.

“Juventus are a great club, among the most prestigious in the world, and that is true regardless of what happens at the end of the investigation,” he continued.

“I don’t think the job would depend on their demotion, as it wouldn’t be a problem for me to Coach in Serie B, but there’s probably another 150 tacticians who think the same way.”

Former midfielder Donadoni started his Coaching career at Lecco in 2001-02 in Serie C1, then had two spells at Livorno split by a brief yet eventful time at Genoa.

He took the Amaranto to eighth place in 2004-05, but resigned this season after President Aldo Spinelli criticised him on television despite the fact they were comfortably in sixth position.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun4i.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah, but to be honest his sacking was harsh, I mean he was building a solid side and hadnt lost many games, and with teh result of losing 1-0 to torino being the only bad result saying goodbye to him. I personally think he was a victim of milans plan in bringing ancelotti in no matter what. Ancelotti was linked with parma if im right, and galliani didnt waste time in bringing in the former san siro favourite.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Jem83 said:
Donadoni leads Juve race
Hmm bit of a weird article because It really doesnt express what it says on the title of it. His linked as is like he said "150 other tacticians". Dont think this article means much all he has said is that he wouldnt mind managing them as did all the others. He claims his only been reading this in newspapers so really this article doesnt even mean much..

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Hmm bit of a weird article because It really doesnt express what it says on the title of it. His linked as is like he said "150 other tacticians". Dont think this article means much all he has said is that he wouldnt mind managing them as did all the others. He claims his only been reading this in newspapers so really this article doesnt even mean much..
I agree, but still, it belongs in this thread

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
Sianconero said:
1st choice:Capello
2nd: Lippi
3rd: Spalletti
4th: Deschamps
5th: Donadoni
6th :Novellino
99999999999999999999999999999999th choice: Zeman

Exactly ,mate.
My list is exactly the same with your,instead of Zeman.As I said in my post about him in this sites thread,he can only carry the equipment of the squad ,bud the youth one,not the first team.Nice choice.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
i'd go with Donadoni, he have the fire to move and prove he is a good manager, he have Serie A experiance and i like what he did with livorno. kind of remind me of lippi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)