The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (97 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2004
Goal.com Exclusive: Fascetti: “Ibrahimovic-Cassano, What A Partnership!”
5/10/2005 6:00:00 PM
The coach who discovered the young phenomenon from Bari Vecchia, analyzed Cassano’s future.
He was the first to launch Cassano in Serie A, identifying precocious qualities which only an expert like him could notice, even though Fascetti denies this.
“I did not discover anyone, Antonio discovered himself, only a blind man could not see his qualities. And if we had to say it all, Cassano is not the only player I launched, I’ll just mention Zambrotta and Volpi as an example.”

But since you launched him, would you see him well at Juve?
“Well, Antonio is a phenomenon, he can play anywhere. Surely, with Ibrahimovic he would form an exceptional partnership. Capello does not have anyone like Cassano in the squad, because let’s be honest, Del Piero is not the same anymore.”

Therefore Turin is the ideal place for him?
“Antonio is big, he’s a man, and he does not need my suggestions. He chose Rome for the environment, but now I don’t know if this factor will be important. What I know is that for the qualities he has, he can go wherever he wants to.”

Wouldn’t you want him at your Inter?
“I’m not an Inter fan anymore, you’re wrong. I’m fed up of suffering and being made fun of. Jokes apart, it’s useless: you can list me all the strong teams, he can play with them all.”

Did I read wrong, or you suggested to him to go abroad…
“No, you read well. After the “crafty move” against Brescia, they massacred him. If anyone else had done it, they would have said that he was shrewd, but since it was made by him then they destroyed him. I repeat, there is a bad environment around Antonio, as he is never forgiven anything and everyone awaits him at the end of the passage. If I were him, I would evaluate the idea of going abroad.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
they wud become a better team.far more creative than they are right now.and im a firm beliver that if any man can control cassano and get the best out of him,its capello.he's nowhere near his best at roma rite now,but he's still having bursts of brilliance like the ones he had against parma.
capello can tame cassano.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
Gilardino will leave for atMOST 35m€...
same goes for Cassano!
Surely Roma wouldn't be in a position to ask for that much should they get relegated

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Cassano is the only big player Capello have asked for this summer, I think Moggi will get his wish...we will have to wait and see...

May 4, 2004
No Cassano In Juve’s Future
5/23/2005 6:42:00 PM
Luciano Moggi has ruled out a possible transfer of the young prodigy to the Old Lady.
Antonio Cassano will remain a Roma player despite all the transfer rumours surrounding the young star. The Juventus guru has denied that the Bianconeri will make a move for the former Bari forward, citing two main reasons:

“We have the best attack and the best defence, we would have difficult in inserting new players. Cassano is one of the best attackers around, but he will not come to Juve for two reasons. The first one is that I am sure he will not move away from Rome. The second is because I cannot see how we can insert him in an attack full of champions.”

Cassano has been linked to Juve since Fabio Capello moved to the Turin based side last summer. Many believe that Moggi’s denial might actually mean that the Bianconeri have already sealed a deal with the skilful player!

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,980
    Juve rule out Cassano move
    by Nadia Carminati - created on 23 May 2005

Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has insisted the club are not interested in signing Roma striker Antonio Cassano in the summer.

Serie A champions Juventus are one of the sides being linked with a move for former Bari star Cassano in the summer, but Moggi says he would not be able to fit into Fabio Capello's side.

"Cassano is surely one of the best current forwards, but he won't arrive at Juve for two reasons," Moggi told Radio Rai.

"The first one is because I'm convinced he won't leave Roma, and the second one is because I don't see how we could insert him into our attack composed of many champions.

"It is better to keep the best players we have."

Cassano has been frequently linked with a move away from Stadio Olimpico because he is desperate to win some silverware, and Roma have been struggling this season.

The Giallorossi have also not yet offered him an extension on his contract, although they insist they are determined to keep him, along with captain Francesco Totti.

Real Madrid have also been linked with both Cassano and Totti, but Moggi's words seem to have ruled Juve out of the running for Cassano.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)