The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (12 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Thanks, But Not Thanks Mancio-Totti
2/22/2005 1:18:00 PM
Roma superstar Francesco Totti publicly thanked Inter coach Roberto Mancini, who yesterday said if he had to choose a player to sign, it would have to be the Giallorosso skipper.
However despite he’s on the wish list of Inter and many other prestigious clubs for next season, Totti reiterated his desire to stay his hometown club.

”Mancini’s words filled me with joy. They are things that I really appreciate. However I have already said what I want to do in the future,” said Totti.

Last week Totti said he had no intention of leaving Roma.

It remains to be seen whether he will keep this stance even if the financially-torn club sell many of their best players, ‘Peter Pan’ Antonio Cassano on top.

Cassano's hero is staying at Roma...why would Cassano want to leave?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Roma insist they haven’t agreed to sell Antonio Cassano to Juventus at the end of the season.

Livorno President Aldo Spinelli has claimed that the move will take place, with the Turin giants offering Adrian Mutu as part of the deal.

But Roma chief executive Rosella Sensi maintains that she is unaware of the proposed transfer.

"I don’t know anything about it," she told Sky microphones. "Spinelli probably wants to candidate himself to be our next sporting director…"

Spinelli is understood to have made the comments given his alleged ‘inside knowledge’ after he recently aided Juve in the January capture of Mutu.

Cassano’s future has been at the centre of much speculation as his contract – plus those of Francesco Totti and Vincenzo Montella – expires in 2006.

"Roma are keen to extend them all," added the President’s daughter. "Let me also underline that Cassano was in the crowd today.

"Despite being suspended and ill, he wanted to show that he is very committed to this team."

The capital boys got back to winning ways with a 3-0 win over Livorno yesterday, a victory which has brought them closer to a top-four finish.

"We are now just three points behind Udinese," added Sensi. "But let me say again that qualifying for the Champions’ League and keeping the three strikers at the club are not linked.

"They are two objectives that we want to reach but two targets that are totally separate from each other."

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Keep Mutu, get bojinov for maresca and miccoli, get chilieni back, and buy cassano from money we make off DP,Zalayeta and Trezeguet. Add a solid defender in there as well. Then we've got one hell of an attitude problem! HAhahaa, but a great team none the less.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
-Cassano--Zlatan--Bojinov

---Mutu--Emerson--Camo

Zamb-Canna-Barzagli-Zebina(I want someone else..)

-----------Buffon
is this what u want, - vOnAm -?

pretty good IMO :)

May 4, 2004
this is what i hope to see ...

--------------buffon
zambrotta-kompany-cannavaro-chiellini
camoranesi----emerson-----nedved
-------mutu----zlatan----cassano

(if we do give mutu to roma by getting cassano at the club, then we use this attack)

----zlatan---GILARDINO---cassano

and we SELL TREZEGUET...

if we cant get gilardino, then just get one who scores alot of goals, as imo we need one, when we have zlatan and cassano to make alots of assissts and be a nightmare for any defence :D :D :D

Forza My DREAM :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Somehow, i think i just relised something.

Capello still needs to make his step into ' Capellos side' as in make the squad his style players, not lippis.

Capello might be planning a Cassano swoop. Cassano comes, and we are well set up to get bojinov. This could be a real possiblity. Im not sure if Mutu is to go or stay, but our forward line could consist of:

Cassano
Zlatan
Bojinov
Mutu
Trez

But more likely,

Cassano
Zlatan
Bojinov
Trez
DP

I suppose Capello will relagate DP to fifth striker. This could work as the bianconeri fans would murder Capello if DP was to go. Plus, he is getting older. It is becoming more acceptable to bench him.

What do you think?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
Somehow, i think i just relised something.

Capello still needs to make his step into ' Capellos side' as in make the squad his style players, not lippis.

Capello might be planning a Cassano swoop. Cassano comes, and we are well set up to get bojinov. This could be a real possiblity. Im not sure if Mutu is to go or stay, but our forward line could consist of:

Cassano
Zlatan
Bojinov
Mutu
Trez

But more likely,

Cassano
Zlatan
Bojinov
Trez
DP

I suppose Capello will relagate DP to fifth striker. This could work as the bianconeri fans would murder Capello if DP was to go. Plus, he is getting older. It is becoming more acceptable to bench him.

What do you think?
DP as fifth striker? No way. He's simply too good to be fifth choice and he knows it. If we sign Cassano and Bojinov or keep Mutu he'll move on.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

DP as fifth striker? No way. He's simply too good to be fifth choice and he knows it. If we sign Cassano and Bojinov or keep Mutu he'll move on.
I love him, but come on man. He is on a sharp decline, two more years of 'decent' football until he really hits the crapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)