The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (54 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve’s Cassano bid in doubt Monday 28 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer guru Luciano Moggi has cooled speculation that Juventus will make a summer bid for Antonio Cassano.

The Roma ace, whose contract expires in 2006, has been heavily linked with the Bianconeri but Moggi isn’t giving too much away.

"He is a player who can occupy the dreams of all clubs, he’s a champion," Moggi told Radio Anch’Io Sport on Monday.

"However, you need economical power to sign him and you must also take into account that we already have great attacking players at this club.

"Juventus are not a side who buy players to increase the size of their squad, we buy individuals to play."

Moggi and Co will get a close look at Cassano next week when the joint leaders travel to the Stadio Olimpico.

It promises to be a tense affair after boss Fabio Capello, Emerson and Jonathan Zebina all left the capital for Turin in the summer.

"I don’t think there will be any problems outside of the game," explained Moggi. "The good relationship between the two clubs has helped to calm matters.

"Roma are on a par with the top teams. It will be difficult as they have players who can change the game in an instant but we will go there to play our own way."

Moggi added that Pavel Nedved is likely to miss the tie after his head injury, but the Old Lady can rely on the ‘old’ Alex Del Piero.

"It is common for people to criticise him when he plays badly," stated Moggi following Alex’s sublime display against Siena yesterday.

"Nobody takes into consideration the injuries he’s suffered. He will continue to demonstrate that he is a champion."

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
IMO, Cassano is a player who can fail the whole season because of a few arguments with coach. Maybe Cappello and the whole Juve could handle him, but there is a big risk not to handle him. And if we would not be able to handle him, he is a waste of money.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I think that Cassano has already matured a bit. He has experienced what happens when u do stupid things like walk out of training, argue with the coach etc. He knows that he cant become a great player unless he stops making stupid mistakes. He can become that great player in Juventus.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Tuttosport knows how the old lady are going to snap Cassano from Roma. Juventus are going to offer him a salary so high the Romanistas aint gonna be able to match it and there by be forced to sell.

Its from today. :undecide:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Cassano: I want Capello back
Friday 4 March, 2005
Antonio Cassano has stirred up Saturday’s match by confirming his desire to work with Fabio Capello again and slamming Roma’s transfer policy.

“Of course I miss him like crazy,” the Giallorossi starlet told Sky Italia television. “Every day I miss him a little bit more.”

This is not the first time that the youngster has professed his admiration for Capello, who walked out on the club this summer to join arch rivals Juventus.

Cassano has long been linked with the Turin giants and his presence only intensified the reports of a bid at the end of this season.

“I’ll certainly hug Capello before kick-off at the Stadio Olimpico,” continued the ex-Bari star. “I know that the fans will stage a protest against him, but I really don’t care.”

To make matters worse, the Italian international – whose contract expires in 2006 – has also slammed Roma’s transfer policy as the reason they are floundering in seventh place.

“The club should have immediately told the city that this was a team that could only aim for a UEFA Cup place. At the absolute most we can push for fourth, but there are no doubts that Juventus, Milan and Inter are a step above.”

This interview is set to spark a furore in the Italian Capital ahead of tomorrow’s crunch match with the Bianconeri, though he did have kind words for his captain.

“Francesco Totti doesn’t need to prove anything to anybody. He is the only one who can turn a game by himself and he’ll answer his critics on the pitch.”

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I predict it will be another Emrson case, meanin that Cassano wont want to join anyone unless Juve and that Roma will have to sell him, want to or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)