The NBA Thread (42 Viewers)

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
yes both are big potentials. Not a few teams targeting the 2023 draft. btw if Banchero have a better career and a higher ceiling than J.Smith, then rockets are fooled by magics.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So much for the Jazz tanking, beating Denver and Minnesota in the first two games lol.

Think the new coach is going to get a lot out of this young team. They could even get 35 wins if the more experienced players are not traded mid season.

So long, Wemby.... :cry:

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Jazz are one hell of a team
It's still early season but they are fun to watch. Lots of role players and selflessness, the likes of Lauri, Conley and recently Sexton doing the biz. Even Olynyk has become a good player.

I think it will even out a bit over time but the roster is deep with players who can contribute. It's different when you have stars like Spida playing hero ball or Gobert centralising play around the rim. There is more invention.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's still early season but they are fun to watch. Lots of role players and selflessness, the likes of Lauri, Conley and recently Sexton doing the biz. Even Olynyk has become a good player.

I think it will even out a bit over time but the roster is deep with players who can contribute. It's different when you have stars like Spida playing hero ball or Gobert centralising play around the rim. There is more invention.
Markkanen played good at the Eurobasket too, i think hes still riding that form. But he always had potential, he never really broke out until showing flashes last season with Cleveland. He also looks more athletic and stronger on drives now so hes a more dimensional scorer. And Clarkson has been hot too.

They have a lot of picks and i guess their plan was to tank for Wembayana, but the team has been balling. Maybe if they cool off to a mid of the pack team they will decide to trade a few of those players and try to get the no.1 pick after all

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not really. Gave away depth players and picks. Most of the picks will be late 20s ones, with 3 top 25 players plus Russell and Mcdaniels together for most of those years.

Should kept the 2027 or 2029 picks. But otherwise fair value for high impact player like Gobert who makes a team a contender with massive defensive boost.

Towns and Edwards will feast with Gobert covering their asses big time. Already a top 5 offense (best scoring offense 2nd half of last season), with Gobert chance to be top 5 or top 3 defense. That's the level of impact he has.

Jazz had worse defenders then wolves, but Rudy still made them the top regular season defense for several years.

"What this trade says to me is that they believe that they have a superstar in Anthony Edwards," "You think about the NBA. What championships used to be was having a great guard and a great big. And that says to me that they believe that [Edwards] can carry the torch."

- Draymond Green
The more time passes and seeing how good Walker Kessler is as a rookie (he looks like a franchise center with a few tweaks), the contribution from Beasley and Vanderbilt, and that Minnesota sucking might give Jazz their best pick for 2023, this is looking like a one-sided trade in favour of the Jazz. Even without the picks it looks half decent. I even like how the THT trade came from it.

Utah will be a middling team that are fun to watch, but they are also 5-0 against the top two West seeds, and you can see something happening here. Few months down the line maybe things will change and some of those assets will be swapped for picks but it's a good position to be in.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Doesn't Kyrie always want to be the star on the team he joins? Yet he keeps joining teams with MVP-calibre players. Dallas already have one, and he's extremely ball dominant.

Btw your Rockets still tanking or just not very good? Bit of both? This is the draft to do it.

I've no idea what the Jazz will do by trade deadline, everyone assumes 2-4 players will be traded, but there was no expectation for the team to be around .500 right now lol.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Kyrie is enjoybale to watch but he can only play second fiddle in a Championship-contending team. He is clutch but he can hardly lead a team.

Jazz is on the right track I believe. They have like 10+ first round picks in the coming years right? And they are fighting for a playoff spot. Watch Danny Ainge do some other magic on deadline day.

Rockets are bad, just bad. Mainly because Silas is clueless as a head coach. No tactics, awful rotation, can't even motivate players. Its the worst season I've been through since a fan. Last time I saw a team as bad as this season's rockets is the last season's Rockets.:touched:

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
lol Brooklyn Nets, what a drama show. From Irving-Harden-Durant to all-Jabroni in less than two seasons.

Just check the standings, Mavericks and Suns could play aganist each other in playoffs lmao.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That would be epic. Suns gave up a lot but it is KD.

Feel like Jazz messed up not making the Lakers pick unprotected, think it will bite them on the ass. Otherwise sad to see Mike Conley go, class act. Judging by last night this may be the decline many were expecting (or hoping for) and can see Jazz sliding into a better draft spot. Maybe even dragging Wolves with them lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 38)

• Ali