The NBA Thread (43 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The Jazz have gone for the rebuild of all rebuilds this summer - new coach, new uniform, Mitchell and Gobert gone, supporting cast gone (wouldn't be surprised to see Clarkson and Conley gone before deadline), left with young players and bench and a stack of draft picks for years.

Some lean years coming, but the team was flopping in the playoffs anyway. Will be interesting to see how it pays off in the draft over the next few years. Wembanyama would be nice :lol3: I expect they will be one of several teams tanking for him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Jazz robbed timberwolves in Gobert's trade

Not really. Gave away depth players and picks. Most of the picks will be late 20s ones, with 3 top 25 players plus Russell and Mcdaniels together for most of those years.

Should kept the 2027 or 2029 picks. But otherwise fair value for high impact player like Gobert who makes a team a contender with massive defensive boost.

Towns and Edwards will feast with Gobert covering their asses big time. Already a top 5 offense (best scoring offense 2nd half of last season), with Gobert chance to be top 5 or top 3 defense. That's the level of impact he has.

Jazz had worse defenders then wolves, but Rudy still made them the top regular season defense for several years.

"What this trade says to me is that they believe that they have a superstar in Anthony Edwards," "You think about the NBA. What championships used to be was having a great guard and a great big. And that says to me that they believe that [Edwards] can carry the torch."

- Draymond Green

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That Jazz squad was flawed tho, especially defensively (gobert had to cover perimeter and paint). But on offense, Towns is way better then anyone else Jazz had. And Edwards is a bigger stronger, faster better defending version of Spida. Plus that's 3 top 25 all-stars in same squad.

Wolves have a healthy PG but he is likely to flopp in playoff. Russell is soft. But he is also likely to be more useful than older declined Conley. Great guy, but physically seems kinda done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)