The NBA Thread (79 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Today has been a really weird day.

I allways liked Conley, even if he is kind of a corpse now, still great professional, leader and true PG, playmake and space out.

Dlo has been hot scoring last 2 months, but is an empty stats padder we would lost for free in summer, and with him would been a max capity hold gone. So Conley is basically there to retain that cap hold, plus 3 2nds ans Nickeil Alexander Walker (liked him when he was drafted years ago, never panned out).

Defenitely glad we not resigning DLO to new contract. But still super confused about what this new GM is doing still.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Conley's consistency has been high in recent weeks. He doesn't really score anymore but he will always find a scorer. Think he had something like 35-0 assists to turnovers at one point. He works well with Rudy too.

I feel like Lakers have gone in pretty hard again but not come out with real star quality. Guess they are trying to make a team whilst LeBron is still able.

Jazz free up a lot of salary by the end of the season. Hmm...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Conley's consistency has been high in recent weeks. He doesn't really score anymore but he will always find a scorer. Think he had something like 35-0 assists to turnovers at one point. He works well with Rudy too.

I feel like Lakers have gone in pretty hard again but not come out with real star quality. Guess they are trying to make a team whilst LeBron is still able.

Jazz free up a lot of salary by the end of the season. Hmm...
Seems bizarre that the Jazz let the pick be top 4 protected in the post-Lebron and likely AD too era. And if it doesn’t convey it becomes a 2nd round pick immediately. The Lakers surely wouldn’t have vetoed the trade over the pick being unprotected given how desperate they were to offload the albatross that is Russ…

I’d say the trade is a massive improvement for the Lakers. Russell can shoot far better and play off ball better than Russ. Beasley is a great shooter. And Vanderbilt is a good defender. Is this gonna make the Lakers championship contenders? No. But along with the Hachimura acquisition, this team is probably a top 4-5 team in the conference over a full season.

Be interesting to see what happens today with another first round pick to use and Lonnie Walker and Pat Bev still seemingly on the market for salary matching.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Seems bizarre that the Jazz let the pick be top 4 protected in the post-Lebron and likely AD too era. And if it doesn’t convey it becomes a 2nd round pick immediately. The Lakers surely wouldn’t have vetoed the trade over the pick being unprotected given how desperate they were to offload the albatross that is Russ…

I’d say the trade is a massive improvement for the Lakers. Russell can shoot far better and play off ball better than Russ. Beasley is a great shooter. And Vanderbilt is a good defender. Is this gonna make the Lakers championship contenders? No. But along with the Hachimura acquisition, this team is probably a top 4-5 team in the conference over a full season.

Be interesting to see what happens today with another first round pick to use and Lonnie Walker and Pat Bev still seemingly on the market for salary matching.
Yeah the Lakers fall in shit and come up smelling of roses so I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep that pick, in 4 years they will be a different team but maybe still lower-middling rather than .250 or whatever post Kobe.

Beasley is a great volume shooter but his % is lower this year. Vanderbilt has lots of hustle but is a weak offensive player and something of an undersized big. I like both and the Lakers will find them useful just as Utah did, but I think they haven't done enough to win anything. They are simply obliged to keep LeBron in a competitive team and they've done that at least. They definitely win this trade short term.

I often think in these moves whether the GM is trying to curry favour, I don't suppose Ainge going around dicking everyone is always in his best interests long term, but this is definitely a risky move. Obviously he has faith in the Lakers lol.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah the Lakers fall in shit and come up smelling of roses so I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep that pick, in 4 years they will be a different team but maybe still lower-middling rather than .250 or whatever post Kobe.

Beasley is a great volume shooter but his % is lower this year. Vanderbilt has lots of hustle but is a weak offensive player and something of an undersized big. I like both and the Lakers will find them useful just as Utah did, but I think they haven't done enough to win anything. They are simply obliged to keep LeBron in a competitive team and they've done that at least. They definitely win this trade short term.

I often think in these moves whether the GM is trying to curry favour, I don't suppose Ainge going around dicking everyone is always in his best interests long term, but this is definitely a risky move. Obviously he has faith in the Lakers lol.
Apparently Lakers just got Mo Bamba which is a massive upgrade on Thomas Bryant at the defensive end. Plus he shoots 89th percentile from 3 amongst big men at ~40% this season so he won’t fuck up floor spacing. Vanderbilt and Mamba are massive defensively for the Lakers; and Beasley and Russell are massive in terms of 3 pt shooting. Two biggest weaknesses right there. I still think they are an elite 3 and D wing away from being a top tier contender. But I’d put them in the 2nd tier of teams now and think if Lebron and AD play at all-NBA level this team can at least be competitive with anyone once everyone is integrated. Question is how long Bron can keep playing at this level, will AD stay healthy for once, and assuming this season is a bust, will they resign everyone and run it back next year? A lot of ifs there.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Im wrapping my head around why 2nd round picks are like monopoly money today in the nba.

Josh Richardson went to the pelicans for 4 2nd rounders.

Crowder to bucks for 5 2nd rounders.

Wiseman to detroit for 5 2nd rounders.

And warriors used those 5 2nd rounders to get back Gary payton II.

Wolves got 3 2nd rounders for Russell.

and soooo many more deals with 2nds.

But oddest is a big scoring talent like bones Hyland left nuggets for measly 2 rounders (he was fueding with nuggets about minutes), went to clippers, imo he is worth a 1st rounder.

Like wtf did we miss a memo about 2nd rounders lol. So many of them single deals is new thing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm loving this end of season Jazz, but most games this season have been close and entertaining. Minutes for so many fringe players and guys up to about 8 or 9 are impressing. Didn't think I'd see THT one rebound away from a 37 point triple double. Even a vast improvement from Fontecchio yesterday with 24 points, he's worked hard and showed he can be in NBA rotation. But still, the team looks like it might stay around 8 or 9 pick so this has been a win-win, a play-in first round playoff loss helps no-one.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Luka seems hard to build around, but everyone could see from a mile away that Kyrie fucking Irving isn't the answer :lol:
Kyrie is shooting almost 50-40-90 on 27ppg, has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio, is a +4.3 on the field, and all that as a 2nd option. Their problem is lack of size and defenders, I think a Tuz team could score 80 on them. I think we can see the true potential of that pair next season if Dallas can surround them with a team

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Kyrie is shooting almost 50-40-90 on 27ppg, has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio, is a +4.3 on the field, and all that as a 2nd option. Their problem is lack of size and defenders, I think a Tuz team could score 80 on them. I think we can see the true potential of that pair next season if Dallas can surround them with a team
Agreed, they lack size and defense and Kyrie doesnt help that one bit

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mikal Bridges is a beast. He has arms like a gibbon, natural baller.

Just watched Wemby highlight where he hits a step back 3 and then runs in and dunks the rebound over everyone. What a freak. Hope one of those shit, deliberately tanking teams doesn't get him.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Mikal Bridges is a beast. He has arms like a gibbon, natural baller.

Just watched Wemby highlight where he hits a step back 3 and then runs in and dunks the rebound over everyone. What a freak. Hope one of those shit, deliberately tanking teams doesn't get him.
1680471537481.gif

1680471868248.gif

1680471922845.gif

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 62)