The NBA Thread (12 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol, gotta shoot for the stars

They are not going to get anywhere close to equal value for him, so you may as well just hang on to him until the trade deadline. There has to be a line in the sand at some point where the players have all the power. They don't pay themselves. Their billionaire bosses do.

I'm all for player movement and having some sort of control over their careers, but at some point they will need to realize that they are employees after all.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
They are not going to get anywhere close to equal value for him, so you may as well just hang on to him until the trade deadline. There has to be a line in the sand at some point where the players have all the power. They don't pay themselves. Their billionaire bosses do.

I'm all for player movement and having some sort of control over their careers, but at some point they will need to realize that they are employees after all.
I had no idea the Sixers were even interested in Butler.

Agreed, usually the players suck it up and go wherever they’re traded (see DeRozan)

All I want to see is Ben staying here, Butler would be a great addition but not worth dropping any key pieces imo, especially since they’re all so full of potential

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
watched the last part of Spurs-Wolves to see how Bertans is doing and have to say I feel sorry for you @Osman for having Derrick Rose in your team, that attack at 9:15 brought back some bad memories from his time in Knicks :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah why the heck did he have the ball at last shot for the tie or win, insanity. You had Teague balling out of his mind, clutch Butler and a driving assassin in Wiggins, but no let's draw up a play for bricklayer Rose...

This was such a winnable game. Such an insane opponent to face Aldridge, he is too big and skilled for everyone inside, also allways gets offensive boards, if doubled easily finds Bertans or Bellinelli for deadly 3pts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's not like KAT was any better last night though :D did you see Uncle Drew yet?

I seen it, it was half lame half funny :D

Kat was actually good defensively for most quarters, very physical and active, until he started the idiotic offensive fouling that had him fouled out.

Offensive I cant blame him (except for the fouling having him subbed out too much), because for some reason Thibs has KAT, the HISTORICALLY EFFICIENT SCORING FREAK as last priority in terms of who to pass to/make offensive plays for. Its insane, just like last season, you have a guy who barely misses but you dont even try to find him...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Damn what a game Lakers Spurs was. 143-142 in OT.

I actually stayed up for this one. That was indeed a great game. Lebron almost pulled Chris Webber :lol:. As a Lakers fan, I am not worried in the least about this 0-3 start. They have been in every game, and every new team that Lebron joins starts off slowly. No realistic Lakers fan (All 3 of us) thought that this team was a contender for the title this year. Lonzo's shot looks a lot better this season, and more importantly, his 20 lbs of added muscle have helped him finish around the rim better.

Oh, and Klye Kuzma and Josh Hart. I can't think of two better steals in the draft at their respective positions in the past decade. Wow.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I actually stayed up for this one. That was indeed a great game. Lebron almost pulled Chris Webber :lol:. As a Lakers fan, I am not worried in the least about this 0-3 start. They have been in every game, and every new team that Lebron joins starts off slowly. No realistic Lakers fan (All 3 of us) thought that this team was a contender for the title this year. Lonzo's shot looks a lot better this season, and more importantly, his 20 lbs of added muscle have helped him finish around the rim better.

Oh, and Klye Kuzma and Josh Hart. I can't think of two better steals in the draft at their respective positions in the past decade. Wow.
:tup:

Enjoying that this team has some heart and fire which was missing the last couple years.

However, Lebron-Kuzma-Ingram-Ball-Hart needs to be the starting lineup sooner rather than later. Let them lose some games, but have this unit develop and gain confidence. Hart is already significantly better than KCP, and I'd rather see Lonzo gain confidence as a starter than have Rondo eat up starter minutes even if Rondo is currently better.

Also, Walton is right. The FT disparities are garbage. Lakers outscoring opponents in the paint by 20ish points in these 3 games. Lebron and Hart have been absorbing so much uncalled contact when driving. But Harden, Paul, Aldridge, etc getting fts for flopping 25 ft from the basket. I wouldn't even mind them allowing the contact in the paint if they didn't give fouls and free throws for nothing contact far from the basket. Annoying to watch.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
agree with you guys, not worried about the results so far at all. Blazers away is always tough, then Rockets and Spurs, 2 playoff teams from previous seasons, it was just a tough schedule to start a season. many new pieces as well, so team naturally looks disorganized at times, it will take time for them to gel. we are also without a backup center currently (waiting to see how and where Wagner will fit once hes back), as ive lost faith in Zubac having any meaningful contribution on a (good) NBA team. Williams was a nice surprise, some good defense, rebounding and pnr action with Lebron for the brief time he was out there. would like to see more of him in the coming weeks as McGees alternative, hes ahead of Zubac as of right now atleast, as far as im concerned.

Hart is showing what we said last year already, he can be a major contributor on a contender. Kuzma is a legit scoring machine, spot up, driving to the basket, off the dribble, anything you want. just dont waste him at small ball center anymore pls. Lonzos shot is falling finally, but it seems to me hes still a bit rusty from the injury, so looking forward to him improving even more this season. from the new guys, McGee has been fantastic, as were Rondo and Stephenson. not much from Beasley so far. KCP has been disappointing, needs to step up. also id like to see more of Svi...

now for my issue so far, does anyone else feel like Ingram would be a better fit with the 2nd unit? imo, Ball-Kuzma-Hart with James should be the starting lineup, judging from what ive seen so far atleast, then there is also McGee who is exactly what we need from our starting 5 atm, so benching him wouldnt be smart. but Ingram is someone who needs the ball in his hands more than these other guys i mentioned around Lebron, and we already have 2 ballhandlers in the starting lineup in Ball and James. so him as the 2ndary playmaker next to Rondo in the 2nd unit (but while playing starter amount minutes obviously) with KCP/Svi, Lance/Svi, Wagner/Williams, would make both lineups function more fluidly imo.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

It was 12:30 when I finally went to bed. Way past my bed time :D
It was so weird seeing Spurs throw away a 8 point lead at the end of regulation and then Lakers return the favor in overtime and blow a 7 point lead. Lebron missing those free throws was so unlike him. But Lakers have a lot of positives to take from the game. Kuzma was playing like a possessed man. Hart was great too. On the other hand I did not like Spurs' plan for overtime which was DeRozan driving to the basket every time and missing every time. It was so unlike the usual "share the ball" Spurs basketball. I hope it's just for this one time.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Kawhi is a beast, really hope we get him in the summer. this new Raptors coach is also not a moron like the previous. for one, he starts Ibaka at the 5 and doesent play him and Valanciunas together for 70% of the game. props to him for realizing something off the bat the wannabe coach of the year couldnt over an entire year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)