The NBA Thread (83 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Bro don't text and drive.
Thanks, I try to be safe about it but that doesn’t excuse it.

- - - Updated - - -

@cr7 I’m not driving anymore but yeah, Stevens is one off the best coaches in the East. I think Spoelstra is also up there considering what he did with that bullshit Miami team he had. But league wise? No way Stevens is up there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Thanks, I try to be safe about it but that doesn’t excuse it.

- - - Updated - - -

@cr7 I’m not driving anymore but yeah, Stevens is one off the best coaches in the East. I think Spoelstra is also up there considering what he did with that bullshit Miami team he had. But league wise? No way Stevens is up there.
Ok. I'll play along. Aside from Pop and Kerr, who are better than him? And if you say D'Antoni, you are making my ignore list.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ok. I'll play along. Aside from Pop and Kerr, who are better than him? And if you say D'Antoni, you are making my ignore list.
Man, what is with you and Stevens? He’s only coached for four years now and he’s better than everyone? I’ll put Spoelstra over him. As far as D’Antoni, I think people can make a case for him as well although I personally wouldn’t.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Man, what is with you and Stevens? He’s only coached for four years now and he’s better than everyone? I’ll put Spoelstra over him. As far as D’Antoni, I think people can make a case for him as well although I personally wouldn’t.
Go back to 5 years ago when the Celtics hired him, and how I stated that I absolutely hated seeing that happen.

And then take a look at his work now, especially in the last 2 seasons with the injuries they had.

- - - Updated - - -

And Steve Kerr has coached 1 less year than Stevens, so I'm not sure why coaching for that long is somehow seen as a negative.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
As a diehard Raptors fan I will chime in.

Dwane Casey is a completely average coach. Sucks in the playoffs. No adjustments. Had all regular season to experiment with lineups just in case we needed Plan B, C, D etc to stop CLE's lineups. He did nothing. Rolled Ibaka + Valanciunas for 82 games and then was like, "Oh shit we can't start both against CLE". Too late.

Newsflash: Cleveland is going to go small. They've done it 3 years in a row to us!

I actually love DeRozan. As does every Raptors fan. But he's not a great player. Raptors have been better with him off the court for like 5 years in a row. He's an abomination defensively. His biggest strength is he gives you slightly above average offence and can do it for tons of possessions. This skill set is better on a team who is trash and needs someone to shoulder the load.

But on a contending team you need better than garbage defence + slightly above average offence from your best player.

The Raptors are/were good because Lowry is much better than Derozan. And their bench players are all starting caliber players. The new coach Nick Nurse is way ahead of Casey in mindset. He's new school and actually uses mathematics to come to decisions. Casey is old school.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Go back to 5 years ago when the Celtics hired him, and how I stated that I absolutely hated seeing that happen.

And then take a look at his work now, especially in the last 2 seasons with the injuries they had.

- - - Updated - - -

And Steve Kerr has coached 1 less year than Stevens, so I'm not sure why coaching for that long is somehow seen as a negative.
Steve Kerr has rings bro

- - - Updated - - -
@MikeM agreed that lowry is better than derozan

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Steve Kerr has rings bro

- - - Updated - - -
@MikeM agreed that lowry is better than derozan
He also has curry, Thompson, Durant and green, bro.

A team that he inherited from mark jackson with the exception of Durant

He walked into a situation where it was already set for him.

Unlike Steven's who has been developing young guys basically since he got there

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He also has curry, Thompson, Durant and green, bro.

A team that he inherited from mark jackson with the exception of Durant

He walked into a situation where it was already set for him.

Unlike Steven's who has been developing young guys basically since he got there
If it was already set, how come mark Jackson didn’t win squat with that same team? Because Kerr enabled them to play the way they do and was ballsy and smart enough to think outside the box. No other coach would’ve left Curry and Klay chuck threes the way they do.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No other coach would have let the best shooters ever...... shoot?

You wilding fam.

Don't know what you have against Stevens, he is clearly an amazing coach. He has made role players look like all-stars. One of the few teams where the system trumps the player quality.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Luol, we hardly knew ye.

Seriously. He got paid 17 million for 13 minutes this past season.

The good news is that it puts the Lakers at 38 million under the cap for next year.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You talking about Deng? Foregone conclusion for months. Only thing left is signing Boozer and Hinrich as assistant coaches. All about the Windy City grind and grit culture lol.

Fuck Noah tho.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lonzo has made some adjustments to his jumper. Specifically his angle with his elbows, and he no longer swings the ball around from the opposite side anymore. It looks a lot better.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Lonzo has made some adjustments to his jumper. Specifically his angle with his elbows, and he no longer swings the ball around from the opposite side anymore. It looks a lot better.

Let’s see what happens when he’s under pressure and reverts back to his instincts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 77)