The NBA Thread (63 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No, this is Golden State’s year. We have a good shot of making it to the finals tho, I think we’ll be better than Boston:
You won't get past a healthy Boston (couldn't with injured Boston) and a Kawhi Toronto.

Which is a shame, I wanted you to get a superstar FA so you could compete for once.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You won't get past a healthy Boston (couldn't with injured Boston) and a Kawhi Toronto.

Which is a shame, I wanted you to get a superstar FA so you could compete for once.

You don’t know that Osman. It was also Ben’s, Redick’s and Saric’s first year. I’m convinced they’ll be much better the second time around. Boston will be tough and I really don’t think Toronto will make it far.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You don’t know that Osman. It was also Ben’s, Redick’s and Saric’s first year. I’m convinced they’ll be much better the second time around. Boston will be tough and I really don’t think Toronto will make it far.
Boston will eat you up, even if I prefer you guys, they are more dynamic and have more fire power. You have the same limitations as last year while they will add two healthy key players on top of the team that fvcked you.

Toronto were the first seed and they exchanged a playoff dud in DD with finals MVP and superstar level top 3 level player who is DPOY candidate at all times, that's a huge upgrade for their season aspirations, easily best player in East by huge margin. Adding that to a highly competent collective team already.

You should gotten PG or Kawhi in a trade.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Boston will eat you up, even if I prefer you guys, they are more dynamic and have more fire power. You have the same limitations as last year while they will add two healthy key players on top of the team that fvcked you.

Toronto were the first seed and they exchanged a playoff dud in DD with finals MVP and superstar level top 3 level player who is DPOY candidate at all times, that's a huge upgrade for their season aspirations, easily best player in East by huge margin. Adding that to a highly competent collective team already.

You should gotten PG or Kawhi in a trade.

Toronto also lost their coach. And who knows how Kawhi will fit in, I’m sure he’ll be great but regular season DeRozan was a straight up monster.

And yeah, Boston is a great team but the finals spot is far from guaranteed. Sixers have a great shot of winning the conference.

- - - Updated - - -

Football or soccer? :shifty:
Soccer

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah I’m not a fan of baseball either. Basketball is the closest sport to football imo

- - - Updated - - -

Football or soccer? :shifty:
what is this soccer?

- - - Updated - - -

Toronto also lost their coach. And who knows how Kawhi will fit in, I’m sure he’ll be great but regular season DeRozan was a straight up monster.

And yeah, Boston is a great team but the finals spot is far from guaranteed. Sixers have a great shot of winning the conference.

- - - Updated - - -

Soccer
thats also an improvement imo. guy was clueless based on the Cavs series i watched

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The guy who won coach of the year and took raptors to #1 seed was clueless. Good one zizinho
look where that got them. swept while stubbornly sticking to the plan through all 4 games. 1st seed means shit, especially in recent years with more and more teams tanking. smart teams use it to pace themselves for the playoffs

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
look where that got them. swept while stubbornly sticking to the plan through all 4 games. 1st seed means shit, especially in recent years with more and more teams tanking. smart teams use it to pace themselves for the playoffs
But the new coach has played exactly 0 games with this team. What are the chances he goes in there and has them playing world class basketball? Pretty fucking slim imo.

What are the chances Kawhi goes all out and plays hard when he knows he’s going to LA next season?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
But the new coach has played exactly 0 games with this team. What are the chances he goes in there and has them playing world class basketball? Pretty fucking slim imo.

What are the chances Kawhi goes all out and plays hard when he knows he’s going to LA next season?
i dont even know whos the new coach so we will have to see how that goes. he could do better or worse, but that will not depend on him not having coached them till now, it will depend on whether hes a better or worse coach than the previous one, whether or not he can find the right formula come playoff time. Kawhi? i think he will go out there to prove he can still carry a franchise. otherwise he risks losing money, as teams could hesitate to offer him max money, when he wasnt on his former level for 2 seasons and missed a ton of games

all in all, Toronto is an interesting team to follow next year

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The guy who won coach of the year and took raptors to #1 seed was clueless. Good one zizinho
His rotations were awful in playoffs, thats a fact. His starters were black hole defensively, Valenciunas and DD were so abused, especially former on pick and rolls.

Casey were bailed out by his bench.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
His rotations were awful in playoffs, thats a fact. His starters were black hole defensively, Valenciunas and DD were so abused, especially former on pick and rolls.

Casey were bailed out by his bench.

How much of that is due to derozan being a choker?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Part of it, but how he used Jonas when he was clearly struggling in defending in pick and rolls was weird.

I get your point but dude still got them the #1 seed. Obviously the Raptors have a lot of talent but they’re still an unknown entity at this point and saying they’re favorites over the Sixers is ludicrous.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
With Kawhi I would take them over Sixers for sure, have enough of a competent team and now they have dominant two superstar, yeah ofcourse they are above you aslong as he plays. Kawhi is king in playoffs, Toronto's weakness, and he is easily best player in the east.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Boston is healthy, Boston is the #1 seed. And with all due respect to the other teams in the conference, I don't see it being close.

No team in the east has the depth and versatility that Boston does.

They also have the best coach in the east if not the entire NBA.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If Boston is healthy, Boston is the #1 seed. And with all due respect to the other teams in the conference, I don't see it being close.

No team in the east has the depth and versatility that Boston does.

They also have the best coach in the east if not the entire NBA.
Lol forgot to take the crazy pills today? Last I checked Pop was still in the league. And you’re really getting carried away with that statement, he hasn’t been in the league nearly long enough to be considered that good

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol forgot to take the crazy pills today? Last I checked Pop was still in the league. And you’re really getting carried away with that statement, he hasn’t been in the league nearly long enough to be considered that good
Name a coach in the eastern conference that you would rather have right now than Brad Stevens. He coached that team to the Eastern Finals without their top two players, while relying on a 19 year old rookie and 20 year old 2nd year player.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Name a coach in the eastern conference that you would rather have right now than Brad Stevens. He coached that team to the Eastern Finals without their top two players, while relying on a 19 year old rookie and 20 year old 2nd year player.
You said in th league bro. I’m driving now, I’ll get back to you later. I agree that he’s a great coach but you got a little too eager there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 49)