The NBA Thread (100 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i know about Bird rights dont worry :D

just thought hes out of contract since he didnt take his option
He never officially opted out. In fact, he opted in so that Houston would have Cap Space to make another move.

The moral of the story is this: You can't make just one move to match the Warriors. You have to make several. GSW have the rest of the NBA shook.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
why fucked? CP3 did right by them and they get something out of him leaving. He was gonna opt out, otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

You fellas wanna venture a guess where LeBron will be taking his talents soon enough?
Houston is a nice place to start a superteam :think:

- - - Updated - - -

He never officially opted out. In fact, he opted in so that Houston would have Cap Space to make another move.

The moral of the story is this: You can't make just one move to match the Warriors. You have to make several. GSW have the rest of the NBA shook.
so a sign and trade basically

as for the Warriors, you never know. maybe Curry and Durant both get season ending injuries around April :mute:

- - - Updated - - -

poor DeAndre, Paul and Griffin made him stay when he was about to leave for Dallas, now they both leaving :sad:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Houston is a nice place to start a superteam :think:

- - - Updated - - -

so a sign and trade basically

as for the Warriors, you never know. maybe Curry and Durant both get season ending injuries around April :mute:
No, it's not a sign and trade. It is trading a player in the last year of his contract. If it were a sign and trade, paul would have opted out, signed a long term deal, and then get traded.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this goes in the "FWIW" department

Alex Kennedy‏Verified account @AlexKennedyNBA
Follow
More
Former Warriors Kelenna Azubuike (who's close w/ many players) said Paul George is recruiting Klay Thompson to Lakers. Klay is a FA in 2019.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Knicks Fans,

Getting rid of Phil Jackson does not solve the problem. Separating 2 crazy people from one another suddenly does not make them sane.

You still have James Dolan. Arguably the worst owner in pro sports.

Ha ha.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lakers pick up David Nwabas 1.3M option (LA Times)

:tup:

Now if we only signed Ron Baker, we would have my 2 favorite cheap contract role players in the league

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
]He never officially opted out. In fact, he opted in so that Houston would have Cap Space to make another move.[/B]

This way he can get a max deal next summer too. Smart move by Paul.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
you bitches better finish with a top-3 pick next year too.

#beUseful
I don't think that is going to happen my friend. I think we are going to see some real improvement this year. Getting Lopez as a stretch 5 gives our PF's the spacing that they need to work inside. I can honestly see a 35-37 win season this year

- - - Updated - - -

i'm okay not knowing
In a nutshell, if you are with your current club for at least 3 years by the time your contract expires, you can sign a new contract without it affecting the salary cap. Also, if you are trade to another team, and you were with your former team for at least 3 years, then the Bird Rights carry over

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So the rockets are taking the risk on Paul? If he leaves at the end of the season it would be pretty funny, can't blame them though. As they are it's Paul, harden and a bunch of role players though.

I'd argue Paul had a better team in LA, I'm curious to see how Harden and Paul work together though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why would he leave Harden and fairly good rockets tho? Most other better teams dont even need a PG (except Spurs).

Was watching Butlers Wolves press conference, besides being hilarious about giving out his cell phone nr on tv and saying he is an open book, ask me anything anytime, he also pretty much said he is talking to his Allstar friends actively to convince them to come to Wolves. Closest name they mention in media is Kyle Lowry right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 93)