The NBA Thread (53 Viewers)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
The only thing is that he will never, ever be the leader and #1 option on the Warriors. Not when you have a 2 time MVP on the team. If he is cool with that , then cool.
I'm pretty sure he knows that,and moreover he WANTED that.
He knows that he will have less pressure on him in GS and he will find himself much more open than in OKC where most of his shots were contested.
Here,the other team will try to guard Curry,Thompson and him TOGETHER....
So eventually he will get more looks,maybe less shots but a better ones.

That's what was reported as one of the things Jerry West told him over the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

What LeBron did was and is a bitch move in and of its own. Durant, however, outdid him for sure.

The ironic thing about all this is that Durant will probably win his title, probably even more than one, but he will never get the credit for it. He just became just another free-meal chaser.
I don't think he cares about what other people will or are thinking.
Even if he does,i'm sure rings means more to him.

That's the bottom line.rings.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So now all of these Laker "experts" on twitter are saying that they should call OKC and offer Russell and Ingram for Westbrook.

:howler:

How about they just wait a year and try to sign him in Free Agency instead of giving up their two youngest and most skilled players

- - - Updated - - -

Ezeli and Barnes will be renounced, and the Warriors will need to trade Bogut in order to fit Durant under the cap.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm not defending Lebron for going to Miami, though he had far more reason for it than Durant. Durant has played with Westbrook, a superstar, and stars like Harden and Ibaka, his entire prime. Lebron was surrounded by shit players like Mo Williams, Andy V, Delonte West, washed up old Shaq and others in Cleveland. He left because they never built a proper team around him. How he left was stupid and the Big 3 thing (an idea borrowed from the Celtics by the way :p ) was lame sauce, but at least he had a reason. Durant is just pathetic, playing on a star studded squad, and he leaves for the MVPs team where he won't be even close to the best player on his team.

Just sad.
lets not exaggerate about the weakness of the Cavs in Lebrons 1st stint. Mo was an allstar, Shaq went to Cleveland after a 18-8 season on 60% shooting in Phoenix so he wasnt really done yet, he also had Ben Wallace, 4 time DPOY, for 2 years, Z was also a good starting center for a few seasons. not exactly a dream squad but far from 11 D league players + James. nothing to do with the discussion, just saying :p

but this decision by Durant :rofl: how desperate is this guy to win to make such a pathetic decision

- - - Updated - - -

So now all of these Laker "experts" on twitter are saying that they should call OKC and offer Russell and Ingram for Westbrook.

:howler:

How about they just wait a year and try to sign him in Free Agency instead of giving up their two youngest and most skilled players

- - - Updated - - -

Ezeli and Barnes will be renounced, and the Warriors will need to trade Bogut in order to fit Durant under the cap.
yeah, just wait a year and get Russ then. would be stupid to get him now

about GS, is there any way they keep Bogut? hes far more important for them than Ezeli and Barnes so id try to keep him if possible

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
lets not exaggerate about the weakness of the Cavs in Lebrons 1st stint. Mo was an allstar, Shaq went to Cleveland after a 18-8 season on 60% shooting in Phoenix so he wasnt really done yet, he also had Ben Wallace, 4 time DPOY, for 2 years, Z was also a good starting center for a few seasons. not exactly a dream squad but far from 11 D league players + James. nothing to do with the discussion, just saying :p

but this decision by Durant :rofl: how desperate is this guy to win to make such a pathetic decision

- - - Updated - - -

about GS, is there any way they keep Bogut? hes far more important for them than Ezeli and Barnes so id try to keep him if possible
ESPN and NBA TV are saying that they have to trade him now

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Shaq was utter shit in Cleveland. He retired 1 season later. He averaged 12 and 6 for the Cavs and only managed 24 minutes a game. Couldn't play defense anymore, couldn't run the floor.

Ben Wallace got bought out by the Phoenix Suns when he left Cleveland, again a washed up player, on his last legs when Cleveland. I was actually shocked at how bad he was there and how fast he declined, because I thought arrival was the one that would finally help Lebron in Cleveland.

And Mo Wiiliams was an all-star exclusively thanks to playing with Lebron. He was a bench player everywhere else he played.

Big Z I always thought was vastly underrated. Such a good touch on the ball.

But that team would have been the weakest supporting cast to ever win a championship had they managed it. Not D League of course, but they were bad.

Anyways. Right now, let's just laugh at Durant :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
To compare what Lebron had in his last year in Cleveland to what Durant had just last year is beyond ridiculous. The talent level is not even close.

Adams, Kanter, Ibaka, Roberson, Waiters, Westbrook.

Yeah, not even close. Durant had a much younger, more athletic, and more versatile lineup around him. That team without Durant could have probably won 40 games. The Cleveland team without James might have won 25 games

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Shaq was utter shit in Cleveland. He retired 1 season later. He averaged 12 and 6 for the Cavs and only managed 24 minutes a game. Couldn't play defense anymore, couldn't run the floor.

Ben Wallace got bought out by the Phoenix Suns when he left Cleveland, again a washed up player, on his last legs when Cleveland. I was actually shocked at how bad he was there and how fast he declined, because I thought arrival was the one that would finally help Lebron in Cleveland.

And Mo Wiiliams was an all-star exclusively thanks to playing with Lebron. He was a bench player everywhere else he played.

Big Z I always thought was vastly underrated. Such a good touch on the ball.

But that team would have been the weakest supporting cast to ever win a championship had they managed it. Not D League of course, but they were bad.

Anyways. Right now, let's just laugh at Durant :D
Mo had similar stats to the ones he had in Cleveland the 2 seasons before in Milwaukee, and he was a starter ofcourse. no idea why he made the all star with James but didnt the previous 2 seasons, probably because there werent any other PGs with great seasons. he was in his prime, thats why he was so good, not because of James :p

but youre right, KD is the one in focus now. cant believe i wanted him to succeed Kobe :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

To compare what Lebron had in his last year in Cleveland to what Durant had just last year is beyond ridiculous. The talent level is not even close.

Adams, Kanter, Ibaka, Roberson, Waiters, Westbrook.

Yeah, not even close. Durant had a much younger, more athletic, and more versatile lineup around him. That team without Durant could have probably won 40 games. The Cleveland team without James might have won 25 games
im not comparing, im just saying that Cavs team was underrated. most people have the impression it was James and 11 players that became basketball players by some accident, but that wasnt the case. OKC last few years ofcourse has the superior team than Cavs had back them

- - - Updated - - -

ESPN and NBA TV are saying that they have to trade him now
i actually think this will hurt them. last 3 games of the finals showed how important Bogut is for them. Ezeli is a fraud

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Looks like Bogut is about to be traded to Dallas.

Also, Tim Duncan is leaning towards retirement

- - - Updated - - -

Pau Gasol

2 yr/ 30 million with San Antonio

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I'm not defending Lebron for going to Miami, though he had far more reason for it than Durant. Durant has played with Westbrook, a superstar, and stars like Harden and Ibaka, his entire prime. Lebron was surrounded by shit players like Mo Williams, Andy V, Delonte West, washed up old Shaq and others in Cleveland. He left because they never built a proper team around him. How he left was stupid and the Big 3 thing (an idea borrowed from the Celtics by the way :p ) was lame sauce, but at least he had a reason. Durant is just pathetic, playing on a star studded squad, and he leaves for the MVPs team where he won't be even close to the best player on his team.

Just sad.
:tup:

A Durant tweet from 2010:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm trying to think of parallels to this, but there aren't really any.

This would be the same thing as if Lebron had decided to go to the Boston Celtics after they beat him in 2010, and then lost to the Lakers in 7 in the finals... Literally, the exact same thing, except the Warriors are even better than those Celtics were, and a much younger team of stars.

I suppose, if you can't beat them, join the superteam that's already formed.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

This would be the same thing as if Lebron had decided to go to the Boston Celtics after they beat him in 2010, and then lost to the Lakers in 7 in the finals... Literally, the exact same thing, except the Warriors are even better than those Celtics were, and a much younger team of stars.

GSW should buy Lebron too, eliminate that threat.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Question that comes to mind is: if Curry and Thompson were the bright lights, how bright are they gonna be with Durant also trying to score 30 each game? You can't all be the star.
Yep, someone's stats are going to take a hit, if not all of them. Maybe give them a ball each to shoot?

I'm not sure what salary he demands but imagine some intense rebounder like Biyombo with Curry, Thompson, Durant and Green together. They could get away with any decent board crasher tbh. Zaza Pachulia is a real team player

I guess this means Harrison Barnes is going elsewhere, but it's about time he had a starting spot somewhere anyway.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yep, someone's stats are going to take a hit, if not all of them. Maybe give them a ball each to shoot?

I'm not sure what salary he demands but imagine some intense rebounder like Biyombo with Curry, Thompson, Durant and Green together. They could get away with any decent board crasher tbh. Zaza Pachulia is a real team player

I guess this means Harrison Barnes is going elsewhere, but it's about time he had a starting spot somewhere anyway.
Biyombo had 26 rebounds in one of those games against the Cavaliers. 26.... :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Here is a parallel for you. It would be like Lebron joining GSW after losing to them last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)