The NBA Thread (47 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Lakers sign Joddie Meeks.

I'm still amazed how bad this deal was for Orlando and great for every other team involved, Magic trades the best player in the trade and get Affalo as the centerpierce in return and take on Al Harrignton bad contract back, Lakers get the best player in the trade and don't even take any bad contract, It's like they swapped Bynum for D12 :sergio:

I swear that sometimes you would think that other teams are secretely helping the lakers, and Kobe must be the luckiest superstar in the NBA,

Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight is really ridiculous.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lakers sign Joddie Meeks.

I'm still amazed how bad this deal was for Orlando and great for every other team involved, Magic trades the best player in the trade and get Affalo as the centerpierce in return and take on Al Harrignton bad contract back, Lakers get the best player in the trade and don't even take any bad contract, It's like they swapped Bynum for D12 :sergio:

I swear that sometimes you would think that other teams are secretely helping the lakers, and Kobe must be the luckiest superstar in the NBA,

Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight is really ridiculous.
Whoa. They signed Jodie Meeks???????

Oh,and yes. 3 teams, one of them in their own conference, no less, conspired to make the Lakers better. So, I suppose that Philadelphia and Denver did not help themselves at all in this deal.

Kind of odd when you say that, considering that the Lakers gave up the 2nd best player in this trade, as well as being the 2nd best center in the NBA.

And a 24 year old center at that. The youngest all-star in this deal to be traded.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And I really do find this funny, since you have professed your love for kobe Bryant, even going so far as to having The Black Mamba, as your usertitle, yet you get all up in arms when the team he plays for is trying to acquire pieces to help that player, a player that you love, by the way, win more championships.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 16:49 ----------

Damn it. How did this happen?
He was a free agent.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I meant all the Lakers trades. Nash I didn't have a problem with because he's old now and wouldn't change much but then all these other ones happened.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I meant all the Lakers trades. Nash I didn't have a problem with because he's old now and wouldn't change much but then all these other ones happened.
nash might be old, but he can still play. He's proven that. Look at the year he had last year. He had a very good year, and now instead of him and 11 bench players, he gets to play with Kobe, Pau, and Dwight.

the only other trade that happened was the Dwight Howard deal

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm not digging Nash, he's still good. I just didn't think him by himself would be a big difference maker. Now with Dwight and Meeks the Lakers are in a pretty good position.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
These were nash's numbers last year.

Does this look like someone who can offer nothing to the Lakers?

Phoenix

3.0 Rebounds

10.7 Assists

12.5 Points

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm not digging Nash, he's still good. I just didn't think him by himself would be a big difference maker. Now with Dwight and Meeks the Lakers are in a pretty good position.
Nash's main job will be what his job has always been. to be a facilitator. This allows Kobe to play on the wing and off the ball much more than he has done at any point in his career, and at his age, Kobe couldn't be the primary scorer and ball handler anymore.

I just hope these moves that were made will get him out of "Hero Mode"

Because if not, then this was all for nothing

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 17:03 ----------

I read Orlando also got 5 picks in this deal. Anyone got a breakdown?
3 Lottery Protected 1st round picks, and 2 2nd round picks that are protected from 31-40

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
These were nash's numbers last year.

Does this look like someone who can offer nothing to the Lakers?
Did I say he could offer nothing? I didn't. I said he wouldn't have made a big difference by himself, especially considering how bad the Lakers were last year.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 17:04 ----------

nvm, just saw you read my last post

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Did I say he could offer nothing? I didn't. I said he wouldn't have made a big difference by himself, especially considering how bad the Lakers were last year.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 17:04 ----------

nvm, just saw you read my last post

The timing was a little off on the posts. I posted my stuff and then I saw that you had responded. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@Sergio

Yeah, same here :D

Good luck next year. I hope we meet in the playoffs. And beat you. :tup:
You as well.

Philly have themselves a nice young squad to build around, and getting a 24 year old all-star center is something you should be very happy with.

For all of his idiosyncracies, I always believed in Andrew Bynum, and still do

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Whoa. They signed Jodie Meeks???????

Oh,and yes. 3 teams, one of them in their own conference, no less, conspired to make the Lakers better. So, I suppose that Philadelphia and Denver did not help themselves at all in this deal.

Kind of odd when you say that, considering that the Lakers gave up the 2nd best player in this trade, as well as being the 2nd best center in the NBA.

And a 24 year old center at that. The youngest all-star in this deal to be traded.
They should've atleast took a bad contract back, Turkoglu or smth, they gave up Bynum and second round pick and 1 lottery protected first round, how is that fair for the second best player in the NBA.

And I really do find this funny, since you have professed your love for kobe Bryant, even going so far as to having The Black Mamba, as your usertitle, yet you get all up in arms when the team he plays for is trying to acquire pieces to help that player, a player that you love, by the way, win more championships.

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 16:49 ----------

He was a free agent.
I love Kobe's game, work etic but i hate the lakers.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If Houston really wanted to send Orlando their awesome players from the 2012 draft, future picks and take on some bad contracts then Orlando fucked up real bad.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They should've taken a bad contract? Why? Out of a sense of obligation?

Seriously, cheese.

And they couldn't take a bad contract back because Howard's and Bynum's contracts were compatible to the point where no one had to take additional contracts.

Actually that would have been status quo for Orlando because they would have still been stuck with a bad contract. Turkoglus contract would have had to be replaced with a bad contract from the lakers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 46)