The NBA Thread (96 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
They should've taken a bad contract? Why? Out of a sense of obligation?

Seriously, cheese.

And they couldn't take a bad contract back because Howard's and Bynum's contracts were compatible to the point where no one had to take additional contracts.

Actually that would have been status quo for Orlando because they would have still been stuck with a bad contract. Turkoglus contract would have had to be replaced with a bad contract from the lakers
When deal like this take place, Teams in Orlando's place look for 3 things,

Draft picks // Cap space // High potential players.

In this case:

1- Draft picks: Orlando didn't get any good draft picks, only a couple of second rounders and highly protected 1 rounders who will be in late 20s.

2- Cap space: Orlando didn't offload any of it's bad contract, only JRich contract, they still have Turkoglu horrendous contract and Big baby's. Not only this but they took Harrington horrible contract.

3- High potential players: Orlando didn't get any, They got Affalo who' a nice role player, he can't be the centerpiece of any team and he's overpaid.

Lakers, Philly, Denver made out like bandits from this deal in this order and Orlando got royally fucked.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe any day of the week.

Lost in all the hoopla aboput Howard coming to the Lakers, I am actually as excited with Jodie Meeks signing for the Lakers as well.

this signing has been under the radar, but IMO, he is the perfect backup SG for Kobe. He could play 15 minutes per game and be very effective. The bench got a nice boost of athleticsm with his signing.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Juventino[RUS];3804741 said:
USA was choking in 2nd quarter :scared: 59-58
Spain could be in serious foul trouble if marc gasol fouls out early in the third quarter.

Their one big advantage could be negated if he is gone.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe any day of the week.

Lost in all the hoopla aboput Howard coming to the Lakers, I am actually as excited with Jodie Meeks signing for the Lakers as well.

this signing has been under the radar, but IMO, he is the perfect backup SG for Kobe. He could play 15 minutes per game and be very effective. The bench got a nice boost of athleticsm with his signing.
How can you be as excited? Dwight is like a top 3 player :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How can you be as excited? Dwight is like a top 3 player :D
I know it wounds weird when I say something like that, but the lakers will only go as far as kobe takes them, at the end of the day.

If Meeks can give them 15-20 quality minutes per night, then kobe will be much fresher for the playoffs.

They really do need a quality backup SG, and I think that this young man is the guy

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I guess it kind of makes sense when it comes to playoffs but I think Dwight will be a much bigger addition obviously. Even Dwight will probably allow Kobe to do less defensively and probably offensively too.

--

Nice shooting by Durant there

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I guess it kind of makes sense when it comes to playoffs but I think Dwight will be a much bigger addition obviously. Even Dwight will probably allow Kobe to do less defensively and probably offensively too.

--

Nice shooting by Durant there

Trust me, I'm not trying to compare the two players and the impact. I'm just stating why I'm just as happy with Meeks coming on board.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
What a fuckin sad sad day. My all time favourite player is no longer an NBA player.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McGrady To Sign With Qingdao Of China
Oct 08, 2012 7:34 PM EDT

Tracy McGrady is finalizing a one-year contract with Qingdao of the Chinese Basketball Association, according to sources.

McGrady was unsuccessful in trying to secure a guaranteed NBA contract for this season and decided against trying to make a roster in training camp.

McGrady is still considered a popular player in China due in part to his long tenure as Yao Ming's teammate with the Rockets.

McGrady worked out for both the Knicks and Spurs within the past month.

- - - Updated - - -

Best move ever :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

This is crazy talent :touched:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Read it on FB from his page. :depressed

There are times in life that a new road presents itself and it appears this time has come for me now. I am so proud of what I have accomplished these past 15 years playing in the NBA. It was a dream entering the league as I just turned 18 years old. I worked hard and poured my heart and soul into this game. I consider myself a student of the game as I have watched, studied and played with and against the best players in the world. The NBA was my University and I learned so much. The gratitude I feel is really immeasurable. I have experienced the best moments a player can experience and have had some dark ones too. Both equally important in helping shape me into the man I am today.

As I leave the league for now, there have been so many profound people who inspired me along my way. I have to say thank you for guiding me and having an enormous influence on the way I played basketball. Isaiah Thomas, Rich Devos, Leslie Alexander and John Gabriel,
you believed in me and I thank you. Jeff Van Gundy, you exemplified the brilliance of what a great coach is. Steven A. Smith, you gave us players a voice and for that I thank you. Doug Christy, Charles Oakley, Dee Brown, Mugsy Bogues, Antonio Davis, Dell Curry, Kevin Willis, you all showed a young kid from Auburndale Florida how to be a better player. Kobe, you made me work harder and it was an honor to play against you. And Yao, we shared an experience together that will always be with me, thank you. Sonny & Pam Vaccarro showed me how there is loyalty and genuine friendship in this business. Arn Tellem and Tim Hoy, 15 years and you are still my agents. Thank you for guiding me throughout my career. When all is said and done, there is so many that made an impact on my life. I am one blessed man to have the love and never ending support of my wife CleRenda and the best 4 kids a man can ask for. But most important, I give glory and thanks to God. It is thru Him that I have been so blessed and I am forever thankful.

As I enter this next chapter, I am excited to play for Qingdao Eagles in China. I have been to China several times in the last few years and I love the people and the country. It will be an honor to play for them. Thank you to every fan that has followed me and believed in me. Injuries and all, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. I am proud of the mark I left on this game and am grateful to have been a part this league. It was a dream to play in front of all of you, each night, in every stadium. Thank you.

Tmac

The greatest. Never forget!

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
:touched:

I remember when i used to be an avid fan of the NBA, staying up to watch him play. Cryin when he couldn't make it out of the first round of the PO against the Mavs, Utah :sergio:

I remember his first game against Lebron and how he schooled him.

The most talented NBA player i've ever seen :delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 86)