The NBA Thread (85 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yao Ming when healthy was a dominant Center, second best in the NBA after shaq those years.

Jay williams accident was unfortunate, he coul've have a decent carrer. Dunleavy is shit.

Amare was an interesting prospect but he was coming right out of school with a lot of questions marks around his game.

The problem for houston ( my favourite team back then ) was that they never had had TMAC and Yao both healty at the same time.
The first two years the squad wasn't good enough, eventhough they took Dallas to 7 games in the first round. Same with Utah the next year.

After that Mcgrady health went downhill and his back condition begin to aggravated. I think IIRC in 2007 Yao went down in the season and Houston led by a Tmac with broken back went to win 24 straight game, then they went to lose to Utah again in the PO without Yao.
Year after Houston brough Artest and they should've had the best lineup in the NBA.
Brooks--Artest--Mcgrady--Scola-Yao.

Mcgrady got Injured and funnily Rockets beat Portland without Tmac ( he never made it out of the first round ) and lost to a lakers in a 7 games thriller i the second.
I used to stay awake till 4 or 5 am just to watch him play.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Houston didn't get T-Mac until 2004. When Amare was the shit.

- - - Updated - - -

شيزيو;3890583 said:
Yao Ming when healthy was a dominant Center, second best in the NBA after shaq those years.

Jay williams accident was unfortunate, he coul've have a decent carrer. Dunleavy is shit.

Amare was an interesting prospect but he was coming right out of school with a lot of questions marks around his game.

The problem for houston ( my favourite team back then ) was that they never had had TMAC and Yao both healty at the same time.
The first two years the squad wasn't good enough, eventhough they took Dallas to 7 games in the first round. Same with Utah the next year.

After that Mcgrady health went downhill and his back condition begin to aggravated. I think IIRC in 2007 Yao went down in the season and Houston led by a Tmac with broken back went to win 24 straight game, then they went to lose to Utah again in the PO without Yao.
Year after Houston brough Artest and they should've had the best lineup in the NBA.

Mcgrady got Injured and funnily Rockets beat Portland without Tmac ( he never made it out of the first round ) and lost to a lakers in a 7 games thriller i the second.
Did you watch at all during the Clyde and Hakeem years?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Houston didn't get T-Mac until 2004. When Amare was the shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you watch at all during the Clyde and Hakeem years?
No i was too young, no coverage.

Started watching the NBA on 2001, but in 2004 i started watching reguraly because of TMAC.

I used to watch a lot of old games on youtube, Jordan's bulls, Hakeem's rockers, Barkley's suns. But now the majority of the channels were shut down and the videos are removed.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
شيزيو;3890583 said:

This 1000%

I think a big problem contributing to all T-Mac's injuries was that he always had to carry such shit teams. He had such massive responsibilties for Magic & Rockets, scoring, playmaking...pretty much the entire offense. He was so good that it worked except for playoffs where everyone steps up and it's a bigger team effort.

He should have stayed at the Raptors if anything. Him and his cousin VC tearing everyone to shreds :tuttosport:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
These times NBA sucks. Barcelona and Ulker won respectively against such big NBA teams like Dallas Mavericks and Boston Celtic during Europe tour a few days ago. Now it is ALL about show and money.

T-Mac is one of my favorite players too, simply an amazing player he is.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
شيزيو;3890592 said:
No i was too young, no coverage.

Started watching the NBA on 2001, but in 2004 i started watching reguraly because of TMAC.

I used to watch a lot of old games on youtube, Jordan's bulls, Hakeem's rockers, Barkley's suns. But now the majority of the channels were shut down and the videos are removed.
I grew up in Houston and my favorite teams were the Hakeem and Clyde teams of the early 90s. So good. Talk about playing basketball the way it should be played.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Don't take a preseason game result seriously Powis, any NBA team ( bar the bobcats i guess) would crush any european team, they still so much ahead in terms of physical ability, altough the gap isn't as big as it was 10 years or 20 years ago.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
شيزيو;3890604 said:
Don't take a preseason game result seriously Powis, any NBA team ( bar the bobcats i guess) would crush any european team, they still so much ahead in terms of physical ability, altough the gap isn't as big as it was 10 years or 20 years ago.
I disagree about Bobcats part mate. There are teams like Raptors (Team full of European players), Cavaliers or Bucks. They all could be on the same level as Europe's CSKA (Team that always has players with NBA experience. Nenad Krstic, Sonny Weems and etc) Barcelona, Real Madrid or Panathinaikos. A lot of peoples underrate Europa basketball because they have no interest in it at all. I'm not surprised David Stern is thinking about an idea to do something together with Euroleague.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I don't underrate the euroleague mate, i watch it whenever i have the chance. The bottom line is that the NBA teams are still ahead of european teams, and don't be fooled by some exibition games.
Sony weems one of the best players in Europe is a Raptors reject, James white is a knicks reject. One of the best european players couldn't make it in the NBA, Navarro, Rudy fernandez, Vasilis Spanoulis, Sarunas.....
The talent level in the NBA is mind blowing, physical talent at least.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
شيزيو;3890630 said:
I don't underrate the euroleague mate, i watch it whenever i have the chance. The bottom line is that the NBA teams are still ahead of european teams, and don't be fooled by some exibition games.
Sony weems one of the best players in Europe is a Raptors reject, James white is a knicks reject. One of the best european players couldn't make it in the NBA, Navarro, Rudy fernandez, Vasilis Spanoulis, Sarunas.....
Yeah, totally agree. Take a look at EUroleague champions Olympiacos roster and you'll clearly see that that team would easily be the worst, even worse than Bobcats. They have former NBA rejects like Joey Dorsey, Acie Law and Spanoulis playing a huge part.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
شيزيو;3890630 said:
First of all, i don't give prominence to friendly games during Europe tour, even if i think NBA teams should've done much better.

You probably think i'm trying to say Euroleague > NBA. No, i'm not. But your comments make me to think that you suppose Euroleague is just a league of rejects or something. I can give you examples about players who didn't make it in Europe. Let's think.. Brandon Jennings? Draft Pick 10, high school star with a great statistic and his choice was to start his prof. carrer in Italy, Lottomatica Roma. 5 points during local champ game, and 7 pts in international tournament. I can easily call him a reject that plays for Bucks. He's a star at Milwaukee though.

Sonny Weems? He had a lot of offers to sign a contract with NBA clubs. That's how he described his stay: "CSKA is like a NBA team. In NBA they do not play seriously over two months and in Europe every game is very important. I also love basketball with tactics."

Meanwhile Jasikevičius even didn't get a decent chance to show what he can do..

Can't deny that most of them in NBA are amazing athletes with great physical abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 75)