The NBA Thread (23 Viewers)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Wow, I thought it will be a blow-out the way the 1Qtr was going for the Cavs ...
A great day to be a Magic fan

The Cavs can't really find an answer to Howard, likewise the same can be said for the Magic when stopping James.

The difference tonight was the other Magic players are contributing, e.g. Lewis and Hedo. For the Cavs, James was the only one that made any significant impact.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i want the cavs to lose so that lebron realizes that cleveland isn't where he needs to be. once this occurs he will be set on coming to ny and beginning the championship dynasty for the years to come.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The Knicks could have something great going on if they could sign some great players in 2010. Lebron, D.Wade and a few others could be available.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No :p I really don't want to see the Knicks doing well. I find them annoying. :lol:

No disrespect Dru, but if there s anyone as annoying and irritating, not to mention boastful about their sports teams (while being bashful of the opposition) as the Bostonians (Red Sox, Patriots :yuck:, and Celtics), it's the New Yorkers (Knicks, Yankess :shifty:, and not so much the Giants and the Jets :p)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
LBJ hit a buzzer beater, a clutch 3 pointer to give the Cavs a narrow 96-95 win over the Magic. Series is tied @ 1 apiece, and now shifts to Orlando.

The same Scenario occured yesterday in the Lakers vs Nuggets game, with the Nuggets edging the lakers. 1-1, and the series is heading to Denver.

4 exciting games thus far, that have gone down to the wire. I don't understand the bias here in Thailand tho; they keep showing the Lakers games, while granting no coverage to the Cavs vs Magic series which is arguably just as exciting.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Its probably down to the popularity of Kobe Bryant. From what I read, he was the most popular guy in that redeem team in the Olympics.

The Lakers got so much legacy just like Manure which probably makes them so popular in the Far East. I have never been a fan of them though, whoever their go-to guy was in any period, be it Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Ceballos, Shaq or Kobe ...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Its probably down to the popularity of Kobe Bryant. From what I read, he was the most popular guy in that redeem team in the Olympics.

The Lakers got so much legacy just like Manure which probably makes them so popular in the Far East. I have never been a fan of them though, whoever their go-to guy was in any period, be it Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Ceballos, Shaq or Kobe ...
:snoop: :lol: :turk: :luckyluke: :rofl2: Ceballos shouldn't even be on that list!

Let's go Magic. Take down the Cavs, and then dismantle the Lakers! I am a believer in D12! I believe in Magic ;)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Well, he was the Go-to guy for them during that period and it sumed up the strength of that Lakers team during that time. A time where the Rockets, Jazz, Sonics and Spurs dominate the Western Conf.

And talking about the SuperSonics, I'm pretty sad they are gone, maybe for good.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Well at least Orlando took 1 out of 2 games at Cleveland, snatching away the home court adv.

It also proved that the Cavs are not far and away the best team in the NBA and the Magic is a stronger team than most critics made them out to be ...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nuggets 97 - Lakers 103

Lakers regain home-court advantage.

The critics are so rough on the Magic; against Philadelphia they didn't win, but the 76'Ers were apparently the ones who lost it; against the annoying and whinging Cuntlicks, it was Boston who threw it away. No one gave Orlando credt for being tough, and hanging in there, getting the wins when they needed them. Grit, determination, hunger, and the desire to win, never giving up. That is why the Magic are where they are now, cuz they play as a team.

They were 1 second away from a 2-0 series lead against Cleveland, against a Cleveland team that had lost 2 @ home all season during the regular season; The Magic have come back in the 3rd quarter in this series, eliminating the huge leads Cleveland had in games 1 and 2, and had they been a bit more lucky, the series would be 2-0 now heading back to Orlando (had Cleveland not snatched that last second vitory). The Magic have played Cleveland well all season, winning twice during the regular season (including a 29 point whitewash), and running them close in Cleveland, losing to a couple of controversial calls. In the playoffs thus far, they beat them once in Cleveland, and came very close to doing it again yesterday. All this without Jameer Nelson (who I fear will be hugely missed if the Magic make it to the Finals), and with critics still doubting their ability. The ironic thing tho, is that in the earlier series against Philadelphia, and particularly Boston, the Magic threw away, or should I say blew big leads heading into the 4'th quarter; against Cleveland, it's been quite the opposite, with the Magic rallying to come back from huge deficits in both games 1 & 2. A bit of a Jekyll and Hyde act there.

The NBA finals are so exciting this year; the Bulls vs Celtics series, the Lakers vs Rockets Series, Boston vs Magic, and now the Conference finals. Many close games, and tons of drama. Can't wait for game 3 of the Magic vs Cavs.

Ciao :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)