The NBA Thread (99 Viewers)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Pretty disappointed to hear ur take on the Pistons, Dru ... as I really like the Detroit Team other than the Magic of coz ...

The Pistons that whack the Lakers in 2004 was IMO the most balanced team in recent time ... Billups, Hamiliton, B.Wallace, Prince, R.Wallace

Wonder if they will build something of that caliber ever again ...

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i'm not saying anything bad about the pistons, its all true with no venom in my words or intentions.

and i do think that they can rebuild in a few years to a team with better talent than their 2004 championship team :tup:

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
i'm not saying anything bad about the pistons, its all true with no venom in my words or intentions.

and i do think that they can rebuild in a few years to a team with better talent than their 2004 championship team :tup:

Dun get me wrong, I trust ur opinions as from the posts u made, u r definitely more informed of the game than I probably ever will.

You point out the fact that the Pistons is a team that do not spend lavishly on players which is true. The 2004 team are pretty much a bunch of unknowns or less well-knowns before their great run.

What I am really disappointed was is that it is more difficult for the Pistons to build a great team once again w/o spending ... money talks and its sad.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Hey thanks, Rollie.
Was watching TNT and Barley predicted the Magic to beat the Cavs but he was immediately ridiculed by Kenny Smith and C-Webb for making that statement which was damn funny.

Back to the Raptors, I was wondering whether they can keep hold of Bosh.
That's a tough question Enoran... CB4 does love the TO fans... no doubt about that. Very tough question; I really hope we can get the deal done, as this man is only 25 - the best is certainly yet to come.

the knicks will sign bosh and lebron in the summer of 2010. it will be the single biggest free agent class in nba history.
See, this is something that I really can't see happening. Chris is a legitimate superstar, and I'm sure he'd love to play with 'Bron, but if Colangelo doesn't feel like Bosh is going to re-up with TO, than he'll trade him. Colangelo is not afraid of pulling the trigger on big deals.

Bosh loves the fan base as well (he's treated VERY well in TO), and having seen the way the team got fucked with Vince, I think he'll be up front with B-Co about whether or not he'll be staying. He doesn't want to fuck this franchise over...

I don't think I'm being naive here. I mean, there's always the possibility that a player won't be honest, but CB4 is a stand up guy. I really hope we sign him, and get the deal done, but if it's not done by midseason, he's probably gone in a midseason trade - there will be PLENTY of interest, even if there are not a lot of teams with cap space. There are many workable scenarios, when you're talking about a player like Bosh. A lot will depend on the forthcoming draft, and we'll definitely be making a trade or two before the season starts. This team has some cap space, remember. Chris wants a chance at winning, and currently, this team is not built to win. That could change quickly, though.

With the progress that Bargnani showed in the last 25-30 games (Off the top of my head, somewhere in the region of a 19 & 6.5 ish, with MUCH MUCH MUCH better defensive awareness), and with a healthy Calderon (he was pretty much knicked all year, after International duty), this team could turn it around really quickly. Roko is coming along, and if we can shed a few players and add a bit of athleticism and toughness on the wings... well, I guess we'll see what happens. So many question marks for my team.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
The Raps will do well to keep hold of Bosh. Somehow or rather, every time i watched him played, he reminded me of Kevin Garnett. If he upzz his defensive game, he is surely one of the most complete big guy in the game ...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Dun get me wrong, I trust ur opinions as from the posts u made, u r definitely more informed of the game than I probably ever will.

You point out the fact that the Pistons is a team that do not spend lavishly on players which is true. The 2004 team are pretty much a bunch of unknowns or less well-knowns before their great run.

What I am really disappointed was is that it is more difficult for the Pistons to build a great team once again w/o spending ... money talks and its sad.
This is a league with a soft cap, and Detroit basketball is definitely supported well enough for them to spend to the cap, maybe a couple million bucks over.

Dumars knows that this team no longer has that go to guy, and when they originally traded Chauncey away, Joey-D tried to get Carmelo involved. Fuck, the guy should have been a Piston right from the start, but the Pistons whiffed on Darko instead. The Nugget's obviously had no intention of letting Melo go, especially after seeing him contribute, and reign in the ego at the Olympics. So Iverson became the deal, and the whole intention of trading for AI was his FAT expiring contract. Opens up a TON of cap space... just a ton.

Detroit will spend big on a superstar - if not this offseason (not very many options), than definitely the next. I'd bet a huge amount of money on it. Just check out the roster (check wiki, cause it's easy and has their FA's at the bottom of the page) and you'll see that they will definitely be able to spend. Rip is already signed, Tayshaun is already signed, and most of those youngsters are another 2-3 years away from contracts (and none of them put themselves in the position to be huge earners yet). Rasheed was making 13M this past season, and his number is coming off the books as well.

Detroit is going to make some moves real soon, and they would absolutely LOVE to get their hands on Bosh. They also have some nice young pieces for a trade (which would have to include Tayshaun, who fits a need for the Raps). Gotta love playing fantasy GM...haha...

Edit: Wait a minute... Tayshaun might not be locked in... hmmm... let me check that.

Edit#2: This is funny, but here's an article from a source that I'm not familiar with. Not sure about the credibility, but there's a rumor included here about a Bosh For a Tayshaun package move... also says that Tayshaun is makeing about 25M (total) over the next 2 years.

http://hoopeduponline.com/tag/tayshaun-prince/

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Thats a good read, Rollie.

I did mentioned earlier abt C-Webb saying Lebron going to Detroit is not at all impossible.

If Prince is gone, I might juz believe King James could be actually joining the Pistons. A Bosh-James front court would blew most teams out of order.

But I wonder if its too tall an order for Dumars to pull off.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So it is set:

Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

Eastern Conference Finals: Cavs vs Magic

I think the Rockets series will be a wake-up call to the Lakers. They will be tired, whereas the Nuggets will come into this series well rested, but I still expect the Lakers to win in 6.

As for the Cavs and Magic series, the Magic have played 5 more games coming into this series, and I expect the Cavs to be very well rested and motivated. They will get a stern test from the Magic (who won the regular season series 2-1; could've been a sweep had it not been for a couple of questionable calls in that narrow 97-93 loss) who have also beaten them 8 times over the last 11 games, including a few victories @ Quicken Loans Arena. However, with the added rest and with the Magic missing Jameer Nelson, I expect Cleveland to edge this one out in 6. I would love for the Magic to win, but I don't see it happening this year.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Something different about the Magic from the Pistons and Hawks whom the Cavs have faced I must say, for the umpteen times is Dwight Howard. Lebron will probably be more selective on his attempts when driving the basket bcos the league's top shot blocker will be waiting for him down there ...

But LBJ has so many weapons in his arsenal, if the Magic dun clamp him down, they will have no chance. And I'm not optimistic of Hedo's defence on LBJ.

Big game for Carmelo but still comes short. Will need a Game 7 to settle this one ...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Magic just nicked it from the Cavs in Cleveland 107-106!!! :eek: :shocked: Howard fouled out with under 2 minutes to go!

This series promises to be interesting, perhaps more so than the Lakers vs Nuggets! Dwight Howard's monster dunk broke the shot clock and delayed the game :lol:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
ßüякε;1998542 said:
FUCK, I'm for LBJ!
Sorry to burst your bubble Burke, but LBJ and the Cavs lost 8 in 11 to the Magic prior to tonight's game; make that 9 in 12 now. The Cavs have a problem in closing down Orlando's perimeter shooters. Lebron can't drive to the basket as he would like to, cuz Howard is arguably the best defensive player in the league; add to that, the simple fact that the Cavs have no one who can defend against Howard, and this series is potentially more problematic for the Cavs than many ppl thought it could/should be ;)

If, and that is a big if, The Magic emerge victorious from this Series, I feel they have a legitimate shot @ the Lakers. After all, they did beat them twice during the regular season ;)

Apr 12, 2004
Sorry to burst your bubble Burke, but LBJ and the Cavs lost 8 in 11 to the Magic prior to tonight's game; make that 9 in 12 now. The Cavs have a problem in closing down Orlando's perimeter shooters. Lebron can't drive to the basket as he would like to, cuz Howard is arguably the best defensive player in the league; add to that, the simple fact that the Cavs have no one who can defend against Howard, and this series is potentially more problematic for the Cavs than many ppl thought it could/should be ;)

If, and that is a big if, The Magic emerge victorious from this Series, I feel they have a legitimate shot @ the Lakers. After all, they did beat them twice during the regular season ;)
I hate basketball, I just like LBJ and want him to get a championship because I hate Kobe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 91)