The NBA Thread (27 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Udonis Haslem Announces Retirement After 76 Years In NBA

Udonis Haslem announced his retirement on Instagram after 76 years with the Miami Heat.

"I consider myself extremely blessed to say I can leave this game with no regrets.

I am the only player in league history to have played in all 76 NBA seasons.

From Mikan to Banchero, from Jordan to LeBron, from Wilt to Jokic, from Bird and Magic to Durant and Curry, from Antoine Walker to JR Smith, I've seen it all.

The championships, the accolades, the brotherhood, man it’s hard not to be at peace.

Undrafted to a 3x Champion, All-Rookie 2nd Team, Teammate Of The Year, the oldest player to play in an NBA finals game, Miami Heat’s all-time leading rebounder and longest-tenured player, the list goes on," wrote Haslem on his post.

Haslem signed with the Heat as an undrafted free agent in 1946.

The 99-year-old appeared in 62.879 regular season games and 15.149 postseason games while winning three championships with the Heat.

Haslem averaged 37.5 points and 16.6 rebounds for his career

Strickland

May 17, 2019
anyone following the FIBA World Cup? been a fun ride thus far, both Spain and France out before 1/4finals, Canada with all their NBA talent barely made it.

crazy how dominant the old Europe still is in these big international sportsevents , in footie last year Europe had 5 out of 8 quarterfinalists, in basketball and hockey this year 6/8. ok, no one gives a fuck about hockey in Asia or Africa, but footie and basketball are among the most popular sports basically everywhere.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a percentage thing as well as Europe has so many countries, each with their own sporting infrastructure and history.

Lithuania beat the US lol. They went for big ballers and it worked.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They iso and bully balled Reaves all game. Poor guy. USA lost on defence.

And their starters went cold crunch time. Except Edwards who scored 35 and was best defender, 2nd best use guy scored like 10 or something lol

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Italy going against the US in b-ball ..... at +17 ..... is it enough? Probably not but haven't turned ball over much and been good on the boards. Continue that and a chance.

Love to see that smile gone after a loss today!
1693918117505.png

GO ITALIA! :ita:

- - - Updated - - -

LOL USA gets about 5 offensive boards first 3-4 minutes. There goes the good boarding.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's over already especially if Italia continues to miss open shots.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
With the Lakers signing Christian Wood, they are deep.

I mean, ridiculously deep.
Yeah. But the question will remain, can the starting 5 compete with the elite starting 5s in the league. I’d say with the players Nuggets lost and the players Lakers signed, Lakers are a deeper team now, but with a 1 year older Lebron, is the starting lineup good enough?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Great trade for Suns lol

Completely makes sense for Bucks, Middleton is washed, Jrue offensively declined tho overall awesome player, but said he wants to retire in 2 years. Giannis can't win with those two when they declined.

So it's either re tool as they done now in BIG way, best possible way (Dame said he would want to play with Giannis in the past), or lose Giannis for free coming years and make an awkward rebuild when you barely have any of your own picks.

All in all good deal for everyone.

Except Miami Heat :haha:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)