The NBA Thread (64 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cam witmore and Leonard Miller lasting til 20 and 33 was suprising, both lotto talents.

Which makes it more exciting for me we Minnesota traded up to 33rd for 2 2nd round picks, to get Leonard Miller.

Last time we did similar was couple years ago, when we picked up Jaden Mcdaniel late, pretty much got a big talent that fell hard in draft, and now he is prolly best wing defender in the league

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Since we are capped out almost and aren't free agent destination for good role players, and dont have much 1sts, its key for us to find compelling talent in 2nd round. So despite the raw material and drawbacks, its fantastic to get a lotto to 1st round level talent in the 2nd round.

Now maybe if Miller impresses we can move Tuaren Prince for a PG/combo guard, since we are lacking in depth there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Old NBA heights were either in sneakers and 7 pairs of socks on, or seemingly just made up, only recently they've been doing official records without shoes. Donovan Mitchell was trying to pretend he was 6'3" for his whole career lol.

Say Robinson was actually 6'11" and shrunk a little, and Wemby is 7'5" now, that is about right.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
another A+ for Ainge as usual. Taking teams to the cleaners.

It was well known that Collins value has deteriorated to being a salary dump, that's not news. With the Hawks looking to get out of luxury tax territory (which makes alot of sense for them tbh), it was obvious he was getting moved.

But when price was the corpse of Rudy Gay....Surprised more teams weren't after him. He's played his entire career with that awful Trae and some weird ass Hawks teams.

He's ovepaid obviously, but he's in his prime and it's just 3 years a little north of 20m which isn't that much at all these days.

He's going to revive his career, he's a good player imo. Can forsee him having that Markinnen typ glow up in Utah.

Utah is gonna be real good this year, have some guys who will continue to improve and if they signed Collins that means their intention isn't to tank again, but slowly go for playoffs.

Their front court of Walker kessler, Collins and Lauri are playoff worthy. And decent wings. But not their guard rotation. Its bad.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I kind of had my heart set on Hendricks starting but it makes a lot of sense (and more realism) to see him learning from a more experienced PF, and Collins will be a better fit than Olynyk in regards to that, as a dynamic inside presence who can shoot from outside. Might well see KO get traded now.

Collins' hand got messed up and his shooting dipped but it improved the last 30 games again. I think the big issue there is that he just doesn't like Trae Young, which is understandable, and obviously Atlanta needed to move someone. With the new CBA coming in picks and balancing the books have become more valuable, but still, this was a bit of a steal unless his finger falls off.

In terms of guard situation I have the feeling JC won't re-sign, but I have a lot of faith in Agbaji, so I'm not too concerned at this point. Sexton and George will clearly have to rotate and don't look like they will play together, but neither are facilitators.

Naz Reid re-signing is great news for Wolves.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Jazz need to target some disgruntled quality point guard somewhere to get a quality rotation. Anyone but Van fleet, he is fools gold.

Yeah Naz Reid re-signing was the do or die moment for our off season. He carries our bench fully and performed better then 2 thirds of the starting centers in the league in 2nd half of the season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Jazz need to target some disgruntled quality point guard somewhere to get a quality rotation. Anyone but Van fleet, he is fools gold.

Yeah Naz Reid re-signing was the do or die moment for our off season. He carries our bench fully and performed better then 2 thirds of the starting centers in the league in 2nd half of the season.
I wouldn't be surprised if, maybe next season, Ainge wraps up Collins, Sexton and picks for a star. Salary matching is the other upside. Ryan Smith already spoke about this aim and you can see the groundwork going in. I think they're lucky to have this front office, when you see how poorly managed and unambitious many franchises are.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
We've been linked to Vanvleet since the end of regular season when Raptors didn't make the playoffs so the signing is expected.

But damn that is really a terrible contract, Rabiot level, Paratici-esque.

Yes, Rockets have to spend about $48 mil to get to minimum salary cap.
Yes, Rockets do need a veteran PG to part with JG and to mentor Amen.
But 40m a year for that? No way. He's making more than Irving lul

However on the other, Rockets are the worst team in the league for three straight years. Maybe we just have to overpay to get a top FA.:depressed:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Tbh the Rockets roster looks better with FVV in there, they should be competitive this season and needed a good PG. It's just hard to give up a lot when you're forced into a corner a little.

Draymond Green, Kyrie Irving, Jeremy Grant, Khris Middleton and Kyle Kuzma all re-signed with their teams. Big money and big roles I guess.

Surprisingly both JC and THT opted in with Jazz and JC supposed to be extending so that could really go two ways, as he's the only vet now on the team (Kessler is the second longest playing player!) but could still be traded. The issue is that they now have too many NBA players and so I see a couple of trades.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We've been linked to Vanvleet since the end of regular season when Raptors didn't make the playoffs so the signing is expected.

But damn that is really a terrible contract, Rabiot level, Paratici-esque.

Yes, Rockets have to spend about $48 mil to get to minimum salary cap.
Yes, Rockets do need a veteran PG to part with JG and to mentor Amen.
But 40m a year for that? No way. He's making more than Irving lul

However on the other, Rockets are the worst team in the league for three straight years. Maybe we just have to overpay to get a top FA.:depressed:
it’s way too much money, would have been palatable on a two year deal but three doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I’m hoping we can still snag Lopez but who knows with this front office. Might end up giving Dillon Brooks the bag.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I feel sorry for Ime Udoka, he joined a team that had brainless unprofessional kids (minus Sengun), and now the FO are a brainless morons overpaying in FA massively selfish inefficient chuckers who have history of negative influence on locker rooms.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The job that Pelinka has done since the trade line has been amazing.

That being said, I still count down the days until LeBron and AD are gone.

Let this GM cook with some real salary cap space, and watch him do his thing.

My man Kobe was no fool. He saw the greatness in him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 59)