The NBA Thread (90 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Embiid choosing to play for the US, I get it, but at the same time I don't.

So you win a gold medal and are another player on a team of superstars for the US. And take a spot from someone else.

Or play for Cameroon, win nothing, but raise the profile and hopes of a nation and continent. I could even have understood if he played for what would be a strong France team on home court.

Winning an Olympic medal with the US barely feels like an achievement.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
@Rockets Why are your team giving insane money to Dildo Bricks and Fred Flat Feet?
Into the new season we had roughly a 50 mil cap space to get to minimum salary cap. Basically we've been keeping tabs on free agents since mid last season. We need veterans to surround with our young prospects. A distributor PG and a rim-protector big man were our priorities after the draft.

But the team had an abysmal stretch of 20-62, 17-55 and 22-60 in the last three seasons, not so many top agents wanted to come lul. We actually didn't have much choice and we had to overpay. Have to say that Paul Rich did a great job for getting VanVleet such a massive contract.

As for Dildo Bricks, it came as a bit of a shock because earlier in the FA market we almost snagged Brook Lopez who had agreed to our deal. But at last he decided to re-sign with the Bucks. So we just spent that money on Dildo Bricks.

Agree that's an insane amount of money given to two players who are both just above average. But the third year of VanVleet's contract is a team option. Dildo Bricks' contract is fully guaranteed but descends annually. By this we are trying to maintain the cap flexibility starting from the 25-26 season for the possible extensions of our young cores.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I carried on watching, against my better judgment. More bricks than Legoland and barely a zone out for the half. 70+ points on them and Harrison fricking Barnes on track for about 55 points.

Hardy throwing all sorts of shit trying to see what sticks but this guard situation is looking really obvious even this early on.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Wemby shows everyone he’s still a rookie but this double block was exciting. Came at the right time too.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note Sengun is impressive. Reminded me of Jokic.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
People are just going to stop doing that, it's dumb trying to dunk over him there.

He's scary defending perimeter too, he gets across quickly on help and is so long only a tall and quick release gets over him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Into the new season we had roughly a 50 mil cap space to get to minimum salary cap. Basically we've been keeping tabs on free agents since mid last season. We need veterans to surround with our young prospects. A distributor PG and a rim-protector big man were our priorities after the draft.

But the team had an abysmal stretch of 20-62, 17-55 and 22-60 in the last three seasons, not so many top agents wanted to come lul. We actually didn't have much choice and we had to overpay. Have to say that Paul Rich did a great job for getting VanVleet such a massive contract.

As for Dildo Bricks, it came as a bit of a shock because earlier in the FA market we almost snagged Brook Lopez who had agreed to our deal. But at last he decided to re-sign with the Bucks. So we just spent that money on Dildo Bricks.

Agree that's an insane amount of money given to two players who are both just above average. But the third year of VanVleet's contract is a team option. Dildo Bricks' contract is fully guaranteed but descends annually. By this we are trying to maintain the cap flexibility starting from the 25-26 season for the possible extensions of our young cores.
I still remember the Lakers overpaying for Mozgov and Deng in 2016 (some other ridiculous contracts for finished players that summer as well iirc). It took getting rid of Russell to trade Mozgov, and Deng wasn't tradeable so they stretched his last year to 5M for 3 years.

Those contracts could come haunt you in a few seasons if those kids pan out well and you don't have the cap space to add 1-2 missing pieces to contend

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Ok so Harden is a Clipper.
Covington is useful but Clippers kept Mann and Powell. Not sure about the picks but so far it seems Clippers have gotten the better deal.

On the other hand, so much uncertainty of the "Big 4”. PG13 and Kawhi could be injured anytime just like De Sciglio, Westbrook has been going downhill and is at best a depth player (but the grinta). And as much as I love Harden, he is just so inconsistent in the playoffs.

The majority of Sixers fans, what' their take on the trade? @ALC

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Westbrook has looked good with the clippers since they got him, he fits well with PG and Kawhi. Harden is a big addition but I think it's more likely he messes up their chemistry than for it to work. They got Tucker too

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Expiring Harden + negative contract Tucker (2 year contract) for Expirings and picks is Philly mindset.

But they still got fleeced hard. Should demanded Powell and Mann.

Embiid will be pissed. Wastes this season. Now let's see next summer who Morey targets the Expiring cap space with.

Guessing OG Anouby or Siakam.

Mid season disgruntled star trade options will likely be Derozan.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m only surprised Harden is still on the Clippers , he should’ve request a trade like 15 minutes ago.

thierry-henry.gif

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 82)