The NBA Thread (62 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Suns blew a 20 point lead and lost in a very comical fashion. Although KD might've been fouled in that last possession but still very soft.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sadly I wish that Suns collapse was the worst of the past days.

But middle of 3rd quarter Minnesota were leading 21 pts.

And game finished Hawks win by 9.

Inexplicable collapse. Sadly one of many near historical collapses in wolves history, tho this one is historic because Hawks had 78% efficiency this game.

Sometimes I curse Kevin Garnett for making Mr a Wolves fan.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A season late with a generational talent gone, we are now ready.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT82RMRPhfAFcTceuQbIyirqfNUS9np3iqjZA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Extend THT and keep letting him take 20 spg.

I'm on 4th quarter of the Jazz vs Wolves game as I type this. You were competitive first 2 quarters. Then 3rd starts and with the lineup combos Will Hardy pulled out, it defenitely felt like a tanking decision haha. So now I'm on 4th and wolves on 21 pts lead when it was super even before 3rd.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm on 4th quarter of the Jazz vs Wolves game as I type this. You were competitive first 2 quarters. Then 3rd starts and with the lineup combos Will Hardy pulled out, it defenitely felt like a tanking decision haha. So now I'm on 4th and wolves on 21 pts lead when it was super even before 3rd.
Tbh as soon as Sexton came in the game went away, but I always felt Wolves were in control. THT is doing OK but it was an awful shooting night. Wolves defense is also really good.

Jazz need to make up their minds if they are going to tank properly and trade away some of this stockpile of 7/10 guys and give Keyonte his minutes, or get stuck in no man's land again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah they defenitely need to decide. Tho signing Collins felt like a tanking decision, let him cook and trade later. But I thought the same of the guys they had last season. Like why are Sexton, Clarkson etc still on the roster lol. Couldn't find trades for them?

And yeah Minny felt in control but it was still tight game. You were shooting well for a while. And our offense dipped. But then felt like Wolves turned on the defensive intensity and moved the ball more on offense and it was a rap.

Offense is our biggiest weakness this season, needs to gell more. Because 5 games in we easily been the best defense in the league so far.

Only game we conceded over 100 was the big collapse loss go Hawks were we up 20 points before mental meltdown in 3rd quarter. That game was more attitude issue then defense competence issue.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Thing is if Jazz are going to build through the draft, as they usually have to, then they might have to trade Markannen away too, as he doesn't fit the timeline.

Any of those guys like Clarkson, THT, Sexton, Olynyk, Collins and the deeper bench are all on the block really, it depends who wants what when the deadline comes. Last year they started well because Conley was a guiding hand but a slow start this will force a position. And Kessler has been absolutely useless in this role since Collins came in.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it was obvious Conley had guiding influence on that hot jazz start. Totally stabilised wolves as soon as he came too.

Yeah Lauri doesn't fit either, but he is a legit star so for him you can atleast wait for tempting packages. But for the rest of the dead weights?

I gather Collins was gotten as trade package salary match piece type thing, but his selfish me first playstyle added to Clarkson, Sexton and THT is really bad way to develop young talents like Kessler, George and the Hendricks who won't play as you gotten Collins.

Lauri should be only one who has green light in that scrub roster.

Danny Ainge is really confused with his approach so far. He was similar in celtics for a while. Stuck in a limbo between developing talents and filling squad with hungry journeymen scrubs.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's a beast, hit the jackpot with him. When you get a first pick he's what you hope it turns out like.

Obviously Wemby will be immense and every 20 years you get a Lebron or Kobe-level player but in a usual season you want someone like him.

Btw this 2024 draft is looking better every week, don't think it will be as weak as many predicted. Yes you can see my line of thinking already lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 50)