The NBA Thread (88 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He's conducted a few interviews with the guy. You can gauge someone's personality from a few interactions, and first impressions do count. I'm not saying he's right, but there might be some element of truth to his words.

I feel like you're a Bonafide Bronsexual.
Your hero, MJ. One of the biggest douches to ever play the game. Who cares if this or that all-time great is a douche off the court. Meaningless as far as the game of basketball is concerned.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He's conducted a few interviews with the guy. You can gauge someone's personality from a few interactions, and first impressions do count. I'm not saying he's right, but there might be some element of truth to his words.

I feel like you're a Bonafide Bronsexual.
I just don't trust your random Bein guy who calls a person he doesn't know a douchebag while people who know Lebron love him and call him the best teammate they've ever had.

You feel? It's not exactly a secret that I'm a fan of Lebron. I've been a Lebron supporter since the beginning of this thread.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I think very few athletes who reach that MJ, Lebron, CR7 status are saints all the time. They´re constantly surrounded by people who want their time and attention, sometimes for the wrong reasons.

People are impacted from their past as well. I read an article about Lebron growing up alone with his mom without siblings, so he always wanted to include people to make up for what he didn´t have growing up. MJ´s father was murdered and after that he became much more aggressive and hard on people around him.

At the end of the day everyone has bad days and that shouldn´t necessarily define them as persons. People like N´Golo Kante who are nice all the time are very rare:tup:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think very few athletes who reach that MJ, Lebron, CR7 status are saints all the time. They´re constantly surrounded by people who want their time and attention, sometimes for the wrong reasons.

People are impacted from their past as well. I read an article about Lebron growing up alone with his mom without siblings, so he always wanted to include people to make up for what he didn´t have growing up. MJ´s father was murdered and after that he became much more aggressive and hard on people around him.

At the end of the day everyone has bad days and that shouldn´t necessarily define them as persons. People like N´Golo Kante who are nice all the time are very rare:tup:
MJ’s dad got killed because he had a gambling debt

- - - Updated - - -

MJ had the gambling debt btw

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Seriously, they dont make them like Butler anymore, he is the fierciest motherfucker ever.

HUGE PROPS to Duncan Robinson too, undrafted young dude who is just shooting lights out, clever lethal weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Also that was an amazing epic battle between Lebron vs Butler, one for the ages, supremely classic to how depleted they were physically, but were just willing themselves to score.

- - - Updated - - -

Ej8TdpkU8AA5kI3?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Last edited:

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Butler again with an all-time performance. But Vogel is getting schooled by Spoelstra. How do you play Morris at the end of the game who Butler abused all game long and had 0 points. And how does Danny Green who´s been ice cold the whole playoffs play 24 mins and Rondo just 18? Not to mention they should´ve brought Dwight in earlier to force Butler to take the jumpshot rather than dare him to contest the rim. He got easy fouls all 4th quarter driving on Morris and KCP.

All the momentum with the Heat and looks like this is going 7:ziz:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just came here to talk shit on the Laker fans.

Butler made Lebron and AD his bitches
Lebron? Lol. He killed it. That was all-time epic battle between him and Butler. Fucking amazing.

Unfortunately for you though, Lebron with the dominant triple double tonight for a 4th ring, 4th finals mvp, and to win the Lakers 17th championship to tie Celtics for most all time.

Didn’t you predict a 76ers championship this year? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron, AD, KCP, Rondo, and Caruso :delpiero:

- - - Updated - - -

@Bianconero81

Condolences bro. Rough day for you. LeChoke and Scratch and Sniff making you cry.

GOAT James has a monster triple double to lead Lakers to 17th championship, his 4th ring and 4th finals mvp with 3 separate teams. First player to do it in NBA history.
And Nadal ties Fed for all time Grand Slam titles record.

:rab:

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Congrats to the Lakers fans. That was an embarrassing blowout loss for Miami, Lakers defence suffocated them, chewed and spit them out, they had less then 50 pts when it was few minutes left in 3rd quarter...

Spoelstra dropped the ball big time, kept Bam on the court despite being insanely awful, Herro did fuck all, should used Olynyk over train wreck Bam, so Olynyk could shoot 3s and force AD to defend the perimeter. Instead AD camped the rim and just turned the small ball Heat into scared midget sized bitches who he ate up with blocks, or the mere fact he was close enough made them shit breaks and miss layups nonstop.

Besides huge defensive difference, they were just out hustled, Rondo just ran straight through them for endless layups, KCP too, and Caruso out rebounding Bam all game. Wtf.

Expected result, but just got bulldozed. Should lost with more fight in them then this. Duncan Robinson and a worn out Butler (he felt helpless, getting double teamed and no one else taking responsibility)only ones with passable grades. 5th starter in Crowder only one with unshakeable confidence, playing without any nerves. But maybe he should have, had the confidence of Steph Curry, but shooting efficency of Simmons.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This team man, just a loveable group. Game was pure dominance, defense especially, Miami stood no chance when we in this mode. Not much to say, just congrats to @KB824 (hope hes back soon) @Post Ironic @j0ker and other Laker fans (cant remember who else but i know there were few others). Now lets go for the 2peat!!!
:agree:

I like seeing our offense playing well, but this team’s bread ‘n butter is defense, and when everyone buys in, puts in the energy and effort, we can just chew teams up and spit ‘em out starting at that end of the floor. That’s why even though I think Lebron was a very deserved Finals MVP for leading us in pts, rebounds, assists, while also quarterbacking and being the vocal leader of this team... I wish the NBA made co-mvps an option, because AD’s defensive impact was also mvp level, especially alongside his also substantial offensive output. Did you see that Lebron and AD are first teammates to lead the playoffs in the total scoring since Kobe and Shaq? :sheik:

And yes, one of the most fun, enjoyable, loveable teams I’ve watched lately. People can say what they will about Lebron, love him or hate him, but as a part of this group of players, they were a joy to watch. This team just looked like they love playing this game, loved playing with each other, would do anything in their power to help each other succeed. Everyone bought in fully. And hopefully that same energy, that same passion, that same fun can be brought to next season too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, mad love for Dwight Howard getting a ring. Super happy for Superman.

And Jimmy Butler. Dude is a legend for me after this series. Just put it all out there. Beast performance. Any time the Lakers aren’t involved, I’ll be cheering for him going forward. Hope he gets a ring at some point.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:agree:

I like seeing our offense playing well, but this team’s bread ‘n butter is defense, and when everyone buys in, puts in the energy and effort, we can just chew teams up and spit ‘em out starting at that end of the floor. That’s why even though I think Lebron was a very deserved Finals MVP for leading us in pts, rebounds, assists, while also quarterbacking and being the vocal leader of this team... I wish the NBA made co-mvps an option, because AD’s defensive impact was also mvp level, especially alongside his also substantial offensive output. Did you see that Lebron and AD are first teammates to lead the playoffs in the total scoring since Kobe and Shaq? :sheik:

And yes, one of the most fun, enjoyable, loveable teams I’ve watched lately. People can say what they will about Lebron, love him or hate him, but as a part of this group of players, they were a joy to watch. This team just looked like they love playing this game, loved playing with each other, would do anything in their power to help each other succeed. Everyone bought in fully. And hopefully that same energy, that same passion, that same fun can be brought to next season too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, mad love for Dwight Howard getting a ring. Super happy for Superman.

And Jimmy Butler. Dude is a legend for me after this series. Just put it all out there. Beast performance. Any time the Lakers aren’t involved, I’ll be cheering for him going forward. Hope he gets a ring at some point.
Yeah AD got a case for MVP as much as James. Opening 2 games he was bringing it offensively, then had a 'weak' game due to BS foul trouble and we lost with Butler putting in 40, then he said I got him and guarded him better than anybody which was key for game 4. Closeout game he started aggresively on offense but there was no need for it later so he went and locked down the paint, allowing other guys to play their aggresive defense out on the perimeter. This guy is so special man, able to guard the roller and the ball handler simultaneously on pnrs.

About James all that needed to be said is said already, but I don't know how many remember when we had the 2 max slots during the 17-18 seasons and somewhere during it looked like we might get PG and Boogie (before injury), which seemed logical with our young core back then. I don't know if that was media BS or we changed the plan when Boogie got hurt, but am I glad we didn't go that route now. James at 50 will be a better player and a bigger man than PG ever will be. The guy is a Laker legend now and even tho I never liked him, he has done what he promised. Major props.

Rondo is just a different animal in these playoffs. Huge impact since he returned and even went up a gear in the finals. Big time player and leader. KCP deserves props as well, played D and hit shots when we needed them. The rest deserve a mention as well, particularly AC, Howard and Morris. Kuzma and Green kinda sucked offensively but can't fault anyone when there is this kind of effort and intensity on the defensive end.

Jimmy Butler is an absolute beast, the man is all about winning. I've seen him this very playoffs barely touch the ball yet still look like the best player out there. To be able to do that and at the same time play games like in these finals speaks what he's built of. Shame he never got to us.

Now that we are the champs and Clippers are in rats sewer where they belong, I can laugh at them. They gloated after getting Jerry West. They were laughing after getting Zubac for Muscala. Kawhi played us and waited for all the top FAs to go elsewhere before backstabbing us and going there. They got him the co star he wanted. They got Reggie Jackson and the 'better' Morris. Funny thing is, all these were good moves and they had reason to feel like they've done something. Makes it all the more funnier. They talked shit all year even tho they a bunch of nobodies with the exception of Kawhi. Now we celebrate this in our city with them watching :lol3: see you bunch of morons next year, hopefully this time you live long enough to face us.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Shout out to the role players Rondo, KCP and Caruso, they were flawless high energy defensively while getting theirs at times on offense.

Green did his thing defensively, but is too weak offensively for that big contract, so prolly need to trade him ( maybe add McGee, kuz and a pick) to get a 3rd star type player. Or maybe just make room for a quality cheaper wing player (Jerami Grant types, or Harkless). Maybe get lucky in draft for such player.

And defenitely offer Howard minimum again, he was key for defensive energy. If he declines go after Marc Gasol before he goes back to Spain.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Congrats to all you Lakers Fuccbois :p

I genuinely feel happy for @KB824 He's a good man, and I hope he's doing well. We hope to see you back here ASAP.

Embarrassing performance by the Heat - I honestly stopped watching late in the 2nd. Credit where credit is due tho - dominant performance by The Lakers, and Lebum was switched on. AD is a beast, and if he can stay injury free, he's definitely in the convo for MVP next season.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Congrats to all you Lakers Fuccbois :p

I genuinely feel happy for @KB824 He's a good man, and I hope he's doing well. We hope to see you back here ASAP.

Embarrassing performance by the Heat - I honestly stopped watching late in the 2nd. Credit where credit is due tho - dominant performance by The Lakers, and Lebum was switched on. AD is a beast, and if he can stay injury free, he's definitely in the convo for MVP next season.
How do you feel about the Lebron GOAT claim multiplying :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)