The NBA Thread (64 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So Kyrie wanted his own team and left Cleveland only to end up 3rd option in the Nets? Maybe that's why he's acting out.

Anyway team Brooklyn team is essentially those 3 guys + Joe Harris and a bunch of buuuuuuuuuuuuums.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm interested to see what the Jazz do this year with Mike Conley in his second season and Bogdanovic back. Noticed they got a franchise record 25 3PT against the Bucks a week or so back. There is always good ball movement but having multiple guys who score takes pressure off Conley to back up Mitchell and could save the trade. Is he worth $34m? I don't think so, only a run to the Finals would justify it.

Bringing Favors back was also a good move, Jazz needed something else inside with Gobert. Inside scoring could still be stronger but rebounding is strong.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
how? Harden wanted to leave, they got a great return on him considering he could’ve just ran out his contract and walked out on a free.

Also, Kyrie is going to destroy the Nets anyways so it doesn’t matter
That was from Dec 3. :D

Houston is in full rebuild mode right now. Probably trade PJ soon as well.

Also, James Harden is fat.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm interested to see what the Jazz do this year with Mike Conley in his second season and Bogdanovic back. Noticed they got a franchise record 25 3PT against the Bucks a week or so back. There is always good ball movement but having multiple guys who score takes pressure off Conley to back up Mitchell and could save the trade. Is he worth $34m? I don't think so, only a run to the Finals would justify it.

Bringing Favors back was also a good move, Jazz needed something else inside with Gobert. Inside scoring could still be stronger but rebounding is strong.
The defense has struggled this season. That’s been the biggest issue I’ve seen. And Ingles.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
how? Harden wanted to leave, they got a great return on him considering he could’ve just ran out his contract and walked out on a free.

Also, Kyrie is going to destroy the Nets anyways so it doesn’t matter
That was for signing John Wall and giving up pick to get this overbloated contract, who was out injured 2 years, AND you give up a better player in Westbrook.

For the Harden trade, 4 teams involved, 3 of the teams got better in the trade:

Nets: get Harden for basically giving up 4 picks and Jarret Allen as only real value player (and his contract expiring so he needs to paid big to stay, not worth it). Prince is a bum, and Levert is injury prone and inconsistent, and wouldn't played a second with Harden there.

Pacers: lost Oladipo who was expiring and injury prone, he wouldn't resign, and is excellent Levert for him, you got his younger version by just giving up 2nd round pick.

Cavs: Made out like bandits. They gave up Bucks late 1st round pick and the useless Dante Exum to get Prince and Jarret Allen. Allen will be a core piece for them in their young team, they can pay him in summer and see him grow into potential star. What they gave up is nothing.

Houston: They get Expiring Oladipo with question mark on him health wise, and its not guranteed he wanna resign for them, tho if he does and beats health issues might be excellent go to guy. Exum is useless.

I would taken Allen for sure, and maybe even Levert, two talented youngsters you can use long term. Their contracts could be more pricey then the temporary cheap pieces they got, so I assume Fertita is being stingy and gave up on the team.

So basically main value they got are the 4st round picks (the pick swaps dont mean much imo, odds Houston will have better picks and won't want to swap for 3 of those 4 picks). And if the 3 stars stay together, atleast 2 of those 4 picks will be late first round picks you easily give up a superstar like Harden for.

P.S people focus on the picks mainly, but the main regret for Nets might become giving up Jarret Allen, Deandre Jordan is a bum.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That was for signing John Wall and giving up pick to get this overbloated contract, who was out injured 2 years, AND you give up a better player in Westbrook.

For the Harden trade, 4 teams involved, 3 of the teams got better in the trade:

Nets: get Harden for basically giving up 4 picks and Jarret Allen as only real value player (and his contract expiring so he needs to paid big to stay, not worth it). Prince is a bum, and Levert is injury prone and inconsistent, and wouldn't played a second with Harden there.

Pacers: lost Oladipo who was expiring and injury prone, he wouldn't resign, and is excellent Levert for him, you got his younger version by just giving up 2nd round pick.

Cavs: Made out like bandits. They gave up Bucks late 1st round pick and the useless Dante Exum to get Prince and Jarret Allen. Allen will be a core piece for them in their young team, they can pay him in summer and see him grow into potential star. What they gave up is nothing.

Houston: They get Expiring Oladipo with question mark on him health wise, and its not guranteed he wanna resign for them, tho if he does and beats health issues might be excellent go to guy. Exum is useless.

I would taken Allen for sure, and maybe even Levert, two talented youngsters you can use long term. Their contracts could be more pricey then the temporary cheap pieces they got, so I assume Fertita is being stingy and gave up on the team.

So basically main value they got are the 4st round picks (the pick swaps dont mean much imo, odds Houston will have better picks and won't want to swap for 3 of those 4 picks). And if the 3 stars stay together, atleast 2 of those 4 picks will be late first round picks you easily give up a superstar like Harden for.

P.S people focus on the picks mainly, but the main regret for Nets might become giving up Jarret Allen, Deandre Jordan is a bum.
They received a pick in the John Wall trade.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah although it's early season and no crowds so there are some funny scores across the board.

What was Ingles' streak, something like 347 games? Crazy.
Yeah, Joe is ridiculous.

The Jazz are one of the only teams to have fans right now. Though it’s only a thousand and limited to season ticket holders.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
So now that the East has Embiid, Giannis, Durant, Harden, Irving, Butler, Adebayo, and Tatum, are they officially better than the West?

I say yes.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I read somewhere they gave it up. My bad. Getting a pick is decent. But I still would rather kept Russ over him.
At the time they still thought they could keep Harden. Then it became about giving them the best chance to rebound after harden. Picks do that.

That said, Christian Wood is looking like a good grab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 60)