The NBA Thread (75 Viewers)

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Butler for sure. Crowder not so much. And Iggy is half the defender he was in 16 and 17 when Lebron led the finals in pts, rbds, assists, steals, and blocks. If the Heat relying on Iggy to shut down Lebron they’re in trouble.

I think Bam will make life difficult for AD. He’s got the energy and athleticism for it, question will be can he stay out of foul trouble while doing it.

Bigger issue is that the Heat don’t have the size and strength to guard line-ups with AD + Howard/McGee.

Miami’s clutch shooting will be a big factor. As well as the Lakers perimeter D (which managed to shut down very strong shooting teams like Portland and Houston). If Miami can hit their outside shots consistently I could see them winning this.
They´ll take turns on Bron, which I think makes Iggy and them more effective in defense as he doesn´t have to be the primary guy. In terms of Bam, Marus Smart at several points in this series was grabbing offensive rebounds and getting to the paint at will. If he can do that at his size with Bam on the floor, I fully expect AD to dominate.

I agree, Heat will struggle with AD+ Howard/McGee. But I also think they have the coaching edge with Spoelstra. Vogel was way too slow to integrate Howard in the line-up against Denver, and he put out some weird rotations which made those games much closer than they had to be.

Btw Brad Stevens blew that game for Celtics today, they were up 8 in the 4th with Grant Williams on Bam which was working really well, he then took Williams out and reinserted Theis who Bam toyed with and they never recovered.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Too easy the 1st game, injuries of Dragic and Adebayo made it a no contest. Hopefully game 2 everyone is fit
We were up 17 at the half before the injuries made it a guarantee. Just a comprehensive domination. Doubt it continues like this though. Miami plays too hard to get beaten this badly. Spo will make the necessary adjustments. Nunn heating up in the second half should help them going forward, and Herro can’t be this bad all series. I don’t know why Spo game-planned all-out switching on D, Lebron just hunted mismatches with Herro, etc, and burned them repeatedly with easy assists/baskets for him and AD. The Heat are a mediocre defensive team, but they looked a lot worse than they should.

Was shitty to see Crowder try to injure Lebron’s shoulder by ripping on his arm in that loose ball scramble. But no harm, no foul, and that seemed to ignite the team to start that second quarter demolition

Last edited:

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
We were up 17 at the half before the injuries made it a guarantee. Just a comprehensive domination. Doubt it continues like this though. Miami plays too hard to get beaten this badly. Spo will make the necessary adjustments. Nunn heating up in the second half should help them going forward, and Herro can’t be this bad all series. I don’t know why Spo game-planned all-out switching on D, Lebron just hunted mismatches with Herro, etc, and burned them repeatedly with easy assists/baskets for him and AD. The Heat are a mediocre defensive team, but they looked a lot worse than they should.

Was shitty to see Crowder try to injure Lebron’s shoulder by ripping on his arm in that loose ball scramble. But no harm, no foul, and that seemed to ignite the team to start that second quarter demolition
I think Miami is in a world of trouble. Assuming that Nunn, Olynyk and Leonard are thrown back in the rotation, Lebron has a sea of alternatives to switch onto. Nunn lacks size, Herro, Robinson, Olynyk and Leonard are just too weak. I thought Butler early on gave Lebron some problems but he´s hobbling as well.

If they play zone either AD is left too alone or Lebron can just drive and kick. If they play man 2 man Lebron can switch onto whoever he wants. If they blitz, both AD and Lebron are too good at playing out the double team. Lakers have a clear rebounding edge on top of that.

I don´t want to jinx your team bro sorry:grin: But this is heading towards a sweep. Miami might steal a game if they get crazy hot from 3 and Lakers just miss easy shots.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No Dragic? Bam potentially out as well? Butler hobbling too?

The Stars are aligned for Lebum to win another ring, and for his cocksucking fans to come out in full force and talk about his greatness. Disgusting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No Dragic? Bam potentially out as well? Butler hobbling too?

The Stars are aligned for Lebum to win another ring, and for his cocksucking fans to come out in full force and talk about his greatness. Disgusting.
Stop being a turd. You’re as obnoxious about Lebron as the “Lebron is GOAT” crowd.

He’s quite obviously a top 5 all-time player when all is said and done. And the only two clearly ahead of him are MJ and Kareem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)