The NBA Thread (59 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'm surprised NBA took no action when Harrell called Doncic a bitch ass white boy. If Doncic had said something like that the Internet would have exploded and Luka would've been executed. Just double standards.
Thats not a good argument, bitch ass white boy is a level 1 insult. Reverse the situation and in the other direction thats a maximum level insult. If you compare it to principle that politics have no place in the sports, a basketball player showing support for Trump on court wont get the same punishment as that same guy showing support for Hitler, and thats fair, those are not double standards.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Actually, he really wanted to be there, but he recently had season ending surgery.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2020/05/18/utah-jazzs-bojan/

@ALC

What would you do? Trade Embiid or Simmons? I'd personally keep Embiid. No one is taking on those huge and ridiculous contracts of Horford and Harris (why the fuck is he getting so much money)?

- - - Updated - - -

Try and enjoy it without comparing it to Game Of Zones :D
I don’t want to trade either and don’t think we should, getting tired of all these hot takes. Ben and Joel can work together, they just need shooters around them. Find a way to get rid of Harris and Horford, that’s what’s important

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not a good argument, bitch ass white boy is a level 1 insult. Reverse the situation and in the other direction thats a maximum level insult. If you compare it to principle that politics have no place in the sports, a basketball player showing support for Trump on court wont get the same punishment as that same guy showing support for Hitler, and thats fair, those are not double standards.
its a double standard regardless, especially with heightened racial tensions. Harrell fucked up and apologized but he should’ve been fined at least. The NBA can be very hypocritical, they made Sterling sell his team for saying the n word behind closed doors for example. But I think that was more on the owners having an excuse to finally get rid of him since he wasn’t doing anything with the clippers and the whole league loses money if a big market team is underperforming to that extent.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don’t want to trade either and don’t think we should, getting tired of all these hot takes. Ben and Joel can work together, they just need shooters around them. Find a way to get rid of Harris and Horford, that’s what’s important

- - - Updated - - -

its a double standard regardless, especially with heightened racial tensions. Harrell fucked up and apologized but he should’ve been fined at least. The NBA can be very hypocritical, they made Sterling sell his team for saying the n word behind closed doors for example. But I think that was more on the owners having an excuse to finally get rid of him since he wasn’t doing anything with the clippers and the whole league loses money if a big market team is underperforming to that extent.

Then how do we explain James Dolan still owning the Knicks, my brother.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Then how do we explain James Dolan still owning the Knicks, my brother.
the Knicks are still profitable regardless of how shitty they’re run. They defy logic. Same as the Lakers. Clippers however were a big market team that wasn’t putting asses in seats. Now they do.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I got to thinking about the famous speech from Mario Savio at UC Berkeley on the free speech movement ... ironically a movement that was started by conservative groups on campus that was told to pack up their tables and move out from the main campus square:

I would even take a step back and say, even assuming it is not a formalized race issue and it is clearly a crime and drug issue, how is that even an acceptable response? Committing crimes and resisting arrest should not be an automatic death sentence. Due process exists for a reason. Furthermore, committing crimes has due process in America where theoretically a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. But it seems like sentencing is sometimes being carried out before even they receive their Miranda rights. How is that ever OK?

You can point to a statistical law of averages, but relying on only that also ignores a long history of law enforcement abuses and the fact that, yes, some people -- and they can be cops also -- are still outright triggered racists too in this modern era. Now I have a brother who is a cop and who tells me that he sees it's never about race in his eyes. He has biases of course, but for the most part I generally believe him for his experiences. That does not speak to the outliers that exist. Because all cops aren't racist murderous cops, just as all black people aren't rapists.

Your question gets down to whether there's a zero tolerance mentality about it when with many other races that isn't a case. Well, you have to admit that black people have a lot of historical reasons to be triggered and to experience single events as merely a continuation of a long history rather than a statistical anomaly. And I cannot see how blacks would be capable of separating a statistical anomaly from a long history without sufficient evidence that the anomaly abuses are being flagged as such, properly prosecuted, and with due process applied for an excessive use of force if not also murder charges in some cases. But we are clearly not there yet.

You can't equate the state-sanctioned murder of someone with a killing between private citizens ... let alone with one being justified by an arbitrary quantity of the other. It's one thing for your fellow man to say your life doesn't matter. It's quite another when a society and its taxpayer-funded enforcement judges that it doesn't matter.

Murder? Lol

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Just wanna remind you he took China’s side just because of the NBA’s business interests there not so long ago. Dude is nothing but a sellout. Two faced fake fuck.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 51)