The NBA Thread (84 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What a clown. Why on earth are you even in this thread? You never post in here. Stick to the ‘murica thread, it suits your Trumpian, white nationalist drivel.
It would do more good if they cancelled games every time black people were killed by gun violence. But they won’t do that because they wouldn’t have games, and hence wouldn’t get paid. The fact you participate in the delusion is ironic because everyone can see the numbers; if you can’t understand the numbers then yes you are a retard.

- - - Updated - - -

Do me a favour, dont reply to me. I didnt quote you.
Do me a favor and be logical.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And even Weber alluded to it - the only reason why they are cancelling is because it’s not a real season anyway. If it wasn’t for Covid they would be having the games for sure. What a bunch of wankers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not gonna waste time on a clown like you, and you aren't even an NBA/Basketball fan, so truly fuck off with this nonsense.
That’s true, I’m not. But instead I’m a huge fan of not wrecking the country over false pretenses.

- - - Updated - - -

And that raises another point. Their protest has to do with an American issue. I’m American - you fuckers are not. So mind your own business while you’re at it.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't think anything is going to change if they stop playing. I know they want to create awareness, but using the media as a platform while continuing to allow fans to enjoy a sport that many love is probably the best course of action, allowing them the necessary exposure and creating a united front.

The issues are real and palpable, and they will remain relevant and prevalent. They won't disappear overnight, so boycotting a few games isn't going to change a problem that's been plaguing the nation for hundreds of years. You can't eradicate that kind of mentality or that way of thinking overnight. The players need to have a plan moving forward. Boycotting the season is not proactive, but rather a reactionary emotional response which isn't guaranteed to yield results.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Them stopping the season will hurt their owners’ pocketbooks. That could be the way to start some change, these are all powerful billionaires.

the real big deal would be if the Green Bay Packers were to sit out

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Them stopping the season will hurt their owners’ pocketbooks. That could be the way to start some change, these are all powerful billionaires.

the real big deal would be if the Green Bay Packers were to sit out

These billionaire owners didn't become billionaires because they own an NBA franchise. In fact the only team where the source of income for the owners is in fact the basketball team is the Lakers, and Jeanie Buss was the first owner to show her support last night.

If they are going to go the route of Ali, and be willing to sacrifice their livelihoods, then absolutely more power to them. But if this is just a temporary protest, I don't see how it would make that much of an impact.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
These billionaire owners didn't become billionaires because they own an NBA franchise. In fact the only team where the source of income for the owners is in fact the basketball team is the Lakers, and Jeanie Buss was the first owner to show her support last night.

If they are going to go the route of Ali, and be willing to sacrifice their livelihoods, then absolutely more power to them. But if this is just a temporary protest, I don't see how it would make that much of an impact.
I agree, it’s all or nothing. Starting play again would make the postponed games yesterday a futile effort. Their best move now is to not play all season and maybe even next season which is supposed to start in December

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I agree, it’s all or nothing. Starting play again would make the postponed games yesterday a futile effort. Their best move now is to not play all season and maybe even next season which is supposed to start in December

Now, if the NFL decides not to play, now you are talking.

It's a whole different level in this country if the NFL shuts it down.

Jun 6, 2015
Why not shut down the league for the 50 black people killed in Chicago the past hour?

I hope this league of morons is done for good. Perhaps go find a home in China.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut the fuck up and dribble is their job. Nobody cares about their opinions. They’re a bunch of nobodies without their dribbling.
How about you follow your own advice: "Just do your job and shut the fuck up".

I'm quite certain people do care about their opinions. You seem to be one of them as shown by your reaction.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why not shut down the league for the 50 black people killed in Chicago the past hour?

I hope this league of morons is done for good. Perhaps go find a home in China.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut the fuck up and dribble is their job. Nobody cares about their opinions. They’re a bunch of nobodies without their dribbling.
What they're doing is working, Andy, because you noticed. You reacted. You sat up out of your chair. Because the truth is that if something is unacceptable, sitting on your hands and pretending like business as usual is going to cut it is not going to cut it.

As for your whatboutism, where do you set your exchange rate, Andy? Is it 50 black people who murder each other has the equivalent value of an unarmed person who gets gunned in the back by the cops while getting in his car? Is it 100?

If it's 100, you're saying that if the murder count is at 102 then three fewer black people who murder each other would be required so that we can begin to pay attention to why there's a measure of state-sanctioned murder that's considered just the cost of doing business?

Do police get a "get out of jail free card" when they look the other way at a potential black-on-black murder to let the number hit 100?

I don't understand your math of equivalence here, Andy. Please explain. How does a black man murdering another black man somehow justify some random unarmed guy getting shot up full of bullets by cops for a traffic stop?

Basically, he gets 1% of it right if we actually look at the numbers. What a bunch of bullshit.
Who said any numbers? Chris Webber certainly didn't mention any numbers. Who is throwing out percentages?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well put @swag, but trust me, waste of time to try, this dude is completely foregone.

I dont think they will go that extreme, they just wanna send a temporary message as loud and as unison as they can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 77)