The NBA Thread (56 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well put @swag, but trust me, waste of time to try, this dude is completely foregone.

I dont think they will go that extreme, they just wanna send a temporary message as loud and as unison as they can.
:tup:

Curious to see what comes out of the meeting with the owners. And whether actual concrete steps are taken by the league to engage in more activism here. Hopefully it’s a another wake-up call for the owners in that regard. Would be really nice to see that emerge from this brief boycott.

Buy on AliExpress.com

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
If you guys wanna see the NBA season cancelled, don't you worry - at this point, that's probably another needless police shooting away, which shouldn't take long, a day or two at most.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you guys wanna see the NBA season cancelled, don't you worry - at this point, that's probably another needless police shooting away, which shouldn't take long, a day or two at most.
I actually wanted to see Jazz win the whole thing. Which do you think is less likely, that, or a black man not being shot tomorrow?

When I saw the shooting video I wondered to myself why they don't use tasers, but apparently they did and it didn't work? How does that happen, is he the terminator? Getting shot 8 times in the torso and not dying is also more proof of this.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I actually wanted to see Jazz win the whole thing. Which do you think is less likely, that, or a black man not being shot tomorrow?

When I saw the shooting video I wondered to myself why they don't use tasers, but apparently they did and it didn't work? How does that happen, is he the terminator? Getting shot 8 times in the torso and not dying is also more proof of this.
Sorry but not taking any bets on a sure thing.

The battery was probably too degraded for the taser to be effective. It's understandable, though - why bother to ensure your non-lethal equipment is functional when you can always shoot to kill. To their credit, they didn't try to shoot the guy once in the leg to incapacitate him as that could have nicked his femoral artery and he could have died.
The punishment these officers deserve is a week-long course at the shooting range. To shoot a guy 8 times and not kill him, that's just sheer incompetence by the lofty police standards in the US.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Mitchell is the only who can score in Utah Jazz, he scores 40-50 a game against the worrst defense in playoff (Denver Nuggets) and they barely winning in OT or losing games. For Utah to win a title, he will need to average 80 pts a game and all the remaining superstars in playoff to get collectively injured If that happens, Mitchell would accept the trophy then drop dead due to exhaustion.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They just postpone the games to weekend
Good, prolong it more, I'm selfish, I wanna give Mavs time to get healthy (Porzingiz and Doncic) to beat these obnoxious disgusting douchebag front runners in Clippers (Morris, Beverly, George). Pathetic bad boys wannabes.

I know they don't have a chance, but my God this Clippers team is so annoying so suddenly. Morris first and foremost, the fuck litterally stepped on Doncics injured ankle to sideline him for good.

I went into this playoffs as neutral hoping Clippers beat Lakers, but only after first round its rhe reverse, me and many other neutrals hope Lakers take these fuckers down.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Good, prolong it more, I'm selfish, I wanna give Mavs time to get healthy (Porzingiz and Doncic) to beat these obnoxious disgusting douchebag front runners in Clippers (Morris, Beverly, George).

I know they don't have a chance, but my God this Clippers team is so annoying so suddenly. Morris first and foremost, the fuck litterally stepped on Doncics injured ankle to sideline him for good.
Never liked Clippers just because of DeAndre Jordan, really hated that guy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good, prolong it more, I'm selfish, I wanna give Mavs time to get healthy (Porzingiz and Doncic) to beat these obnoxious disgusting douchebag front runners in Clippers (Morris, Beverly, George). Pathetic bad boys wannabes.

I went into this playoffs as neutral hoping Clippers beat Lakers, but only after first round its rhe reverse, me and many other neutrals hope Lakers take these fuckers down.
If I wasn’t a lifelong Lakers fan, I’d be rooting for the Raptors to repeat. Love watching them play. And what a storyline it would make after their superstar leaves them high and dry in free agency.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

I dislike the clippers anyway, irrelevant bunch that thinks they're big suddenly because they got Kawhi. But through watching them vs Dallas, I came to hate them and much of their roster as well. Disgusting team really. Props to Kawhi, he's all class, and a great, great player. Shame he's wasted on those morons

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What they're doing is working, Andy, because you noticed. You reacted. You sat up out of your chair. Because the truth is that if something is unacceptable, sitting on your hands and pretending like business as usual is going to cut it is not going to cut it.

As for your whatboutism, where do you set your exchange rate, Andy? Is it 50 black people who murder each other has the equivalent value of an unarmed person who gets gunned in the back by the cops while getting in his car? Is it 100?

If it's 100, you're saying that if the murder count is at 102 then three fewer black people who murder each other would be required so that we can begin to pay attention to why there's a measure of state-sanctioned murder that's considered just the cost of doing business?

Do police get a "get out of jail free card" when they look the other way at a potential black-on-black murder to let the number hit 100?

I don't understand your math of equivalence here, Andy. Please explain. How does a black man murdering another black man somehow justify some random unarmed guy getting shot up full of bullets by cops for a traffic stop?

Who said any numbers? Chris Webber certainly didn't mention any numbers. Who is throwing out percentages?
It’s very simple, Greg. They’re trying to make this into a race issue when it clearly is not. It’s a crime and drug issue. If the police were killing random blacks it would be an issue, but the vast majority of the dead are committing crimes or resisting arrest. Considering statistically it’s more likely to get killed by a black tranny than a cop if you’re black, this is clearly a non-issue. But it’s all, and I mean all, the left has to garner votes. It’s a giant rent seeking scam. Plenty of other issues to harp on if they wanted to make a change.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5322455002

And looks like the playoffs will go ahead as planned? I’m shocked! :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mitchell is the only who can score in Utah Jazz, he scores 40-50 a game against the worrst defense in playoff (Denver Nuggets) and they barely winning in OT or losing games. For Utah to win a title, he will need to average 80 pts a game and all the remaining superstars in playoff to get collectively injured If that happens, Mitchell would accept the trophy then drop dead due to exhaustion.
I watched one game where 8 different Jazz players scored in double digits. It's not all about having a couple of guys putting up 30 if you have a bench and good ethos. Bogdanovic would have made a difference to the run, however.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well put @swag, but trust me, waste of time to try, this dude is completely foregone.

I dont think they will go that extreme, they just wanna send a temporary message as loud and as unison as they can.
I got to thinking about the famous speech from Mario Savio at UC Berkeley on the free speech movement ... ironically a movement that was started by conservative groups on campus that was told to pack up their tables and move out from the main campus square:

It’s very simple, Greg. They’re trying to make this into a race issue when it clearly is not. It’s a crime and drug issue. If the police were killing random blacks it would be an issue, but the vast majority of the dead are committing crimes or resisting arrest. Considering statistically it’s more likely to get killed by a black tranny than a cop if you’re black, this is clearly a non-issue. But it’s all, and I mean all, the left has to garner votes. It’s a giant rent seeking scam. Plenty of other issues to harp on if they wanted to make a change.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5322455002

And looks like the playoffs will go ahead as planned? I’m shocked! :lol:
I would even take a step back and say, even assuming it is not a formalized race issue and it is clearly a crime and drug issue, how is that even an acceptable response? Committing crimes and resisting arrest should not be an automatic death sentence. Due process exists for a reason. Furthermore, committing crimes has due process in America where theoretically a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. But it seems like sentencing is sometimes being carried out before even they receive their Miranda rights. How is that ever OK?

You can point to a statistical law of averages, but relying on only that also ignores a long history of law enforcement abuses and the fact that, yes, some people -- and they can be cops also -- are still outright triggered racists too in this modern era. Now I have a brother who is a cop and who tells me that he sees it's never about race in his eyes. He has biases of course, but for the most part I generally believe him for his experiences. That does not speak to the outliers that exist. Because all cops aren't racist murderous cops, just as all black people aren't rapists.

Your question gets down to whether there's a zero tolerance mentality about it when with many other races that isn't a case. Well, you have to admit that black people have a lot of historical reasons to be triggered and to experience single events as merely a continuation of a long history rather than a statistical anomaly. And I cannot see how blacks would be capable of separating a statistical anomaly from a long history without sufficient evidence that the anomaly abuses are being flagged as such, properly prosecuted, and with due process applied for an excessive use of force if not also murder charges in some cases. But we are clearly not there yet.

You can't equate the state-sanctioned murder of someone with a killing between private citizens ... let alone with one being justified by an arbitrary quantity of the other. It's one thing for your fellow man to say your life doesn't matter. It's quite another when a society and its taxpayer-funded enforcement judges that it doesn't matter.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I watched one game where 8 different Jazz players scored in double digits. It's not all about having a couple of guys putting up 30 if you have a bench and good ethos. Bogdanovic would have made a difference to the run, however.

Bogdanovic is the only other legit scorer they have besides their franchise player, but he didnt want to play in the bubble. The rest can get the occasional double digits minimum figures, but they are in general extremely lacking in offensive talent, Spida has to force it and play hero ball nonstop just so his team can keep up. They need Bojan back for next season, and dumb Conley who is stinking it up with his 30m salary, atleast Gobert is getting 30m a season for defense, Conley is getting it for nothing.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is the only who can create his own shot besides Mitchell, and best overall shooter in the team. They pay handsomely for that. But he is amongst a short list of noteworthy players who are not suiting up for the bubble, felt it wasnt safe/worth the risk or rather be with their loved ones.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I'm surprised NBA took no action when Harrell called Doncic a bitch ass white boy. If Doncic had said something like that the Internet would have exploded and Luka would've been executed. Just double standards.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He is the only who can create his own shot besides Mitchell, and best overall shooter in the team. They pay handsomely for that. But he is amongst a short list of noteworthy players who are not suiting up for the bubble, felt it wasnt safe/worth the risk or rather be with their loved ones.
Actually, he really wanted to be there, but he recently had season ending surgery.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2020/05/18/utah-jazzs-bojan/

@ALC

What would you do? Trade Embiid or Simmons? I'd personally keep Embiid. No one is taking on those huge and ridiculous contracts of Horford and Harris (why the fuck is he getting so much money)?

- - - Updated - - -

Try and enjoy it without comparing it to Game Of Zones :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 44)