The NBA Thread (66 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Leicester's owner died in a helicopter crash as well. It's sketchy as hell.
Helicopters are notoriously hard to maneuver, and hence pilot error is a major reason in many helicopter crashes. Also, if a plane loses power, it still has time to glide down an make an emergency landing in many situations. If a helicopter loses power, it plummets to the ground and its occupants have zero chance of survival (with the Leicester owner for example). Finally, helicopters fly at much lower altitudes which make them more susceptible to colliding with high terrain and other obstacles. It looks like this is what happened in this case.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Helicopters are notoriously hard to maneuver, and hence pilot error is a major reason in many helicopter crashes. Also, if a plane loses power, it still has time to glide down an make an emergency landing in many situations. If a helicopter loses power, it plummets to the ground and its occupants have zero chance of survival (with the Leicester owner for example). Finally, helicopters fly at much lower altitudes which make them more susceptible to colliding with high terrain and other obstacles. It looks like this is what happened in this case.
yea thought i heard somewhere that more US servicemen died in helicopter accidents than combat in Iraq.

@AFL_ITALIA , the helicopter is anti American

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Unless this is fake (Which I doubt, since KTLA is one of the biggest networks in Los Angeles), the Lakers are holding a press conference in a few minutes

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
NBA stupid for hating on Booker. He definitely should be a lock for all star debute, he has gotten insanely efficient top scorer but still gets passed for multiple players with worse seasons.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh damn. The Lakers first game back is tonight. I don't know if I can watch.

- - - Updated - - -

NBA stupid for hating on Booker. He definitely should be a lock for all star debute, he has gotten insanely efficient top scorer but still gets passed for multiple players with worse seasons.
They really should do what the NHL and MLB do, and that is to have a fan vote for an extra spot on the roster. It's just tough when they only have 12 spots on each side

- - - Updated - - -

And what makes even less sense is that the NBA allows for their teams to have 15 man rosters, but only 12 for the All Star game?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Booker plays in the west tho, it’s stacked there. Probably should’ve gotten it over Ingram.

- - - Updated - - -

Or over Chris Paul actually

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Booker plays in the west tho, it’s stacked there. Probably should’ve gotten it over Ingram.

- - - Updated - - -

Or over Chris Paul actually
I agree that he deserves it over Chris Paul, yes. But Ingram deserves to be there as much as Booker did. Especially considering what he came back from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 55)