The NBA Thread (29 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/db3e6e14-89a2-48c6-9f69-e1d14c79cdbc

Congrats boys!

Smart for once by your front office, in keeping Kuzma. As said Ingram has to be included, he gonna be needing to get paid soon, and Ball is a spare you give up EASILY for much lesser players let alone a bonafide superstar.

Now I'm really curious what Pelicans will use the 4th pic on, a center?

- - - Updated - - -

We barely couple days into the offseason and it starts off with a BANG.

giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

giphy.gif

Lebron to Griffin for being able to keep the Kuz ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here is the really weird thing about all of this.

This front office that has been the laughingstock of the league has managed to get 2 of the top 5-7 players in the NBA on the same team in the last 12 months.

You couldn't make this up if you tried :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

And still have 32 million in cap space :lol:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I hate when biggest stars team up. They supposed to compete against each other not just to take the easiest path.

That's why it was so sweet to see the team like Raptors winning the championship.

Fuck lebron

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Is depth going to be a problem with Lakers?

It depends on what they do with that remaining cap space, the mid level exemption, and the veterans minimums. There are no limits on the amount of players you can sign to the veterans minimum.

They could go all in on a Kemba or Kyrie and take up all of the available cap space, or they could split it up to two very good players. The way I look at it is that it is a lot easier to convince players to join when you have 2 top level talents like that. Especially veterans who have made their money and want a chance at a ring.

There is still some work to do, but my god, what a seismic shift in fortunes the past 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what I would do with that 32 million.

Brook Lopez
Bojan Bogdanovic
Ricky Rubio

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
New Orleans actually got a really good deal. I think Kuzma has a lower ceiling than Ingram. Then they have that number 4 this year and 2 additional 1st round picks. Should be interesting to see what they do.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think it makes sense maximise LeBron and get the centre to in the league
I'm happy we kept kuzma who has a bit more killer instinct than the rest

I'll miss Ingram and Lonzo but they'll never be ad calibre players and the Lakers don't need picks, we are a free agent team and always have been

I hope we push for a star PG now

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think it makes sense maximise LeBron and get the centre to in the league
I'm happy we kept kuzma who has a bit more killer instinct than the rest

I'll miss Ingram and Lonzo but they'll never be ad calibre players and the Lakers don't need picks, we are a free agent team and always have been

I hope we push for a star PG now
Would have preferred keeping Ingram over Kuzma, as he has a much higher ceiling imo, but I’m just happy we were able to keep one of the young guys. Free agency is absolutely huge now. Sign Kyrie and we’re a far superior version of the championship Cavs team, as AD is miles better than K love

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
My sources say the Lakers have a better shot at Kawhi than the Clippers.

Also Kyrie is going to Brooklyn with Julius Randle. And DLO Russell is going to Phoenix.

:snoop:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I would have prefered Lonzo to stay over Kuzma, but im not complaining. Now lets see who else comes. Congrats boys

- - - Updated - - -

My sources say the Lakers have a better shot at Kawhi than the Clippers.

Also Kyrie is going to Brooklyn with Julius Randle. And DLO Russell is going to Phoenix.

:snoop:
I never thought the Clippers have a shot. The thing about him wanting to go is that his uncle is trying to get him into the biggest market possible for his sneaker deals and brand growth. Hes not gonna get that at the Clippers, might as well stay in Toronto. Lakers or Knicks it is imo, IF he leaves

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
New Orleans actually got a really good deal. I think Kuzma has a lower ceiling than Ingram. Then they have that number 4 this year and 2 additional 1st round picks. Should be interesting to see what they do.

It's a really good trade for New Orleans. It always was going to be one for them. This is a great trade for both teams

- - - Updated - - -

Would have preferred keeping Ingram over Kuzma, as he has a much higher ceiling imo, but I’m just happy we were able to keep one of the young guys. Free agency is absolutely huge now. Sign Kyrie and we’re a far superior version of the championship Cavs team, as AD is miles better than K love

Kuzma is the more consistent of the two right now, which is key. The fact that Ingram's salary was a much easier match to make the trade work also plays a factor. His production at 2 million per season is better compared to Brandon's at almost 8 million I love Brandon, always have. Everyone here knows that. I think he is going to be awesome playing next to Zion

- - - Updated - - -

We got Anthony Davis :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations Lakers bros!

Hopefully no more Rondo and Stevensons.
I'd love to see McGee back, though. The potential of having two supreme rim protectors is very enticing.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
People Comparing this trade to the Nets-Celtics trade :lol:

:rofl:

On what planet are they similar :lol:
Garnett was 37, Pierce and Terry were 36.

Anthony Davis is a top 5 player in this league at 26 years old

And the Lakers still have 1st round draft picks in 2020, 2022, 2023, and 2025.

FYI. Danny Ainge is the most overrated GM in all of sports. If his good buddy Kevin Mchale didn't gift wrap Kevin Garnett to him, he has zero tituli on his GM resume. And that was 11 years ago.

Before the trade "Lonzo and Ingram are trash. The Pelicans wouldn't want those two bums"

After the trade "OMG SMH the Lakers gave up their young assets for Anthony Davis"

Agenda much, twitterverse?

- - - Updated - - -

Kawhis cousin and sister are either trolling hard or Kawhi is really coming to the Lakers :shifty:
How is this for a hot take.

You know who would really intrigue me for a free agent guard?

..................................................................................................................................................

#Dloading

- - - Updated - - -

@ALC @zizinho @Post Ironic @Osman

I need to be here in this thread because I simply cannot deal with anything Juve related right now :sigh:

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You want Russell back? No can do hope Wolves sign him :D

You guys need to wait to announce AD til late July or early August so you can afford better deal, 32m or so. Now it's just in 27m unless you trade away one of the kids for cap.

P.S I haven't posted any Juve related past day and half lol

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You want Russell back? No can do hope Wolves sign him :D

You guys need to wait to announce AD til late July or early August so you can afford better deal, 32m or so. Now it's just in 27m unless you trade away one of the kids for cap.

P.S I haven't posted any Juve related past day and half lol

I honestly dont think that they will need another max superstar, even if it looks really nice on paper. I want this team fleshed out with shooters and perimeter defenders. Let's say they have 27 million in cap space. The more I think about it, these are the three I would look at.

Darren Collison- 8 million
Patrick Beverly 9 million
Terrence Ross- 10 million

MLE- Brook Lopez

Vets Minimum

Javale Mcgee
Rudy Gay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)