The NBA Thread (62 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is exactly it PI, I questionned ziznho because its not based on reality, you cant go from bums to favourites by just magically thinking you go from not being able to attract any free agents to attracting the hardest to get free agent in Kawhi. That is just not worth discussing IMO.

And I rate AD highly, but him alone wont make you championship favourites, its not how it works, team building. Especially when he will be super hard to get despite how willing he is to come, and for him to come you will gut your core team most likely (since you are basically just some old temporary vets who should leave, Lebron and a young core that will most likely be sacrificed to get AD). And all this is going to be done, jump to favourites, by an organisation that has shown it is a complete joke in the past year? I dont buy it, until I see any basis for it.
Oh I agree. The organization is too dysfunctional to get a player like Kawhi or healthy KD. So the hypothetical is kind of pointless.

I suppose the idea is that if we can pair Lebron with AD we suddenly become much more attractive to free agents. But again, gutting the team completely for AD is a dangerous path to take, if we don’t have some guarantee of a top free agent wanting to join

- - - Updated - - -

@MikeM

Congrats dude. Love that you guys won.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@MikeM congrats, take it easy celebrating champ :beer:

Kawhi the dynasty killer. Ended James heat and now Durants GS. Whats next for the board man?

Im very happy for another reason, people talking up the warriors as this unbeatable team even without KD. Yet they beat a crippled team in 15 and then lost twice. They should beg Durant to grace them with his greatness again, especially Green who was talking shit how awesome they were before lol. And poor Boogie

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Kawhi the dynasty killer. Ended James heat and now Durants GS. Whats next for the board man?

Im very happy for another reason, people talking up the warriors as this unbeatable team even without KD. Yet they beat a crippled team in 15 and then lost twice. They should beg Durant to grace them with his greatness again, especially Green who was talking shit how awesome they were before lol. And poor Boogie
Green is one of the biggest fuckheads in the sport. Dude guaranteed Golden State in 6 after they went down 2-1. Unbelievable moron. :rofl:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Green is one of the biggest fuckheads in the sport. Dude guaranteed Golden State in 6 after they went down 2-1. Unbelievable moron. :rofl:
It brings me incredible joy watching him fail. Feel bad for Klay though, seems like a cool dude and he left his heart and body out there playing like a champ, sad he had to go like that

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
A important thing to note in this Raptors season thats different from last one. Aside from getting Kawhi, Green and Gasol instead of DeRozan, Miles and Valanciunas, and the growth of Siakam, they also got the better coach now, Casey sucked so much vs Cleveland last year. I still dont know how you can keep playing Ibaka-Valanciunas together for so long against a team that stretches the floor with 4 guys for James, and refusing to double team him for 3.5 games despite the guy torching you so badly you had to trade away your franchise player. That was a big improvement for them.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Thanks man. Streets were crazy! Don't think anyone went into work today lol.

- - - Updated - - -

A important thing to note in this Raptors season thats different from last one. Aside from getting Kawhi, Green and Gasol instead of DeRozan, Miles and Valanciunas, and the growth of Siakam, they also got the better coach now, Casey sucked so much vs Cleveland last year. I still dont know how you can keep playing Ibaka-Valanciunas together for so long against a team that stretches the floor with 4 guys for James, and refusing to double team him for 3.5 games despite the guy torching you so badly you had to trade away your franchise player. That was a big improvement for them.
First thing Nurse did was split up JV and Ibaka. Imagine him being an assistant for so many years and just itching to break up that combo. :lol2:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thanks man. Streets were crazy! Don't think anyone went into work today lol.

- - - Updated - - -

First thing Nurse did was split up JV and Ibaka. Imagine him being an assistant for so many years and just itching to break up that combo. :lol2:
Didnt realize he was assistant under Casey before :lol:

Basketball is so simple, i sometimes wonder how some of these guys even have jobs

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Didnt realize he was assistant under Casey before :lol:

Basketball is so simple, i sometimes wonder how some of these guys even have jobs
Ya he was hired by Ujiri and put onto Casey's staff. Casey never wanted him there. And Casey was never hired by Ujiri so most Raptors fans who knew anything were just waiting for Nurse to take over. He is basically the opposite of Casey and spent years in crazy working conditions in lower, obscure leagues just testing basketball theories basically.

FFS, the Raptors used a Box And One defence against Curry and it worked. Who the fuck does that.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ya he was hired by Ujiri and put onto Casey's staff. Casey never wanted him there. And Casey was never hired by Ujiri so most Raptors fans who knew anything were just waiting for Nurse to take over. He is basically the opposite of Casey and spent years in crazy working conditions in lower, obscure leagues just testing basketball theories basically.

FFS, the Raptors used a Box And One defence against Curry and it worked. Who the fuck does that.
It worked because KD got hurt.

Masai Ujiri is being charged with punching a cop in the face because they wouldn’t let him enter the court without showing credentials :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Congratulations @MikeM .

Las Vegas bookmakers must have possession of some of the greatest weed in the history of cannabis.

That is all I'm saying :lol:. Unless they REALLY know something we don't.

- - - Updated - - -

It worked because KD got hurt.

Masai Ujiri is being charged with punching a cop in the face because they wouldn’t let him enter the court without showing credentials :lol:
At the end of the day, the Raptors were the much deeper team. Credit to Toronto for that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Klay is such a badass :cry: Drops 30 in little over a half gets wrecked, comes back in to score fts and still insist he wants to play with a torn ACL.

What a horrible way to go down, two major stars out with crippling injuries for over a year.

Congrats to Raptors, what an insane legend Kawhi is and Masai is GOAT GM for assembling strong role player shooter team with spare parts.

Too bad that I think Kawhi is leaving probably.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Klay is such a badass :cry: Drops 30 in little over a half gets wrecked, comes back in to score fts and still insist he wants to play with a torn ACL.

What a horrible way to go down, two major stars out with crippling injuries for over a year.

Congrats to Raptors, what an insane legend Kawhi is and Masai is GOAT GM for assembling strong role player shooter team with spare parts.

Too bad that I think Kawhi is leaving probably.
Yet they still can field 3 all stars in Curry, Green and Cousins. That's insane.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

I feel like due to the rest pretty much sucking at 3pt shooting this series (only Klay was super sharp and keeping them in games), it made the job a hell lot of easier drawing up the defense to stop him to gain momentum. Curry is special, he will hit contested threes at a good rate if you let him play 1on1, but vanvleet/lowry did a great job putting pressure on his dribble and not letting him get the ball at all at times, making the rest play 4v4. There were moments when he missed wide open threes which are basically layups for him, so i imagine he was worn out pretty well. And ofcourse if KD is there its an entirely different ball game. But who cares about that now, fuck the warriors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 53)