The NBA Thread (58 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@Osman (when you find time from all the Ronaldo stuff), you guys dont want Bjelica anymore? id happily take him if he is doable for the 5M remaining cap space we have. there was also rumors about Jimmy Butler being fed up with KAT, but his agent denied it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sadly I believe the Butler bit is true.

Sadly Bjelica is not coming back, his restricted FA status would cost 7.4m on the cap, and they already signed his replacement in Tolliver, less of a player, but more of a direct just pure shooter (getting both would put team into luxury tax bill year early, and they also drafted KDB that will give fair looks prolly). Thibs was misusing Bjelica by not giving him looks or involving him plays at all in terms of giving him spot up shooting opportunties, and just using his all around versatility to the grunt work, or misusing him at SF. Can see Bjelica thrive in offensive team first systems like Jazz, Rockets, or basically anywhere without archaic 90s iso Bball that Thibs like.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i only watched Bjelica in Euroleague, Olympics, Eurobaskets, Mundobaskets for Serbia, and i love him as a player. can shoot and score in different ways, good passer, can put the ball on the ground and playmake, good rebounder and defender. atleast thats how i remember him. would love a player like him on the team

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He cant create his own shot, and a team who doesnt even bother giving him spot up shooting opportunities (finding him open in corners etc), and especially him being streaky/inconsistent shooting due to varying minutes he got, it kinda limited him in overall. He is quite good stretch 4 backup/rotation player. Just need a more fitting place. Thibs is a dinosaur really.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
[Wojnarowski] On the Rondo deal: "This is a message to Lonzo Ball after his camp leaked news about his knee injury"
If his camp thought that underneath Magic's million dollar smile and Jeannie's cougar like tendencies that these 2 were soft, boy do they have another thing coming.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
good pickup for the Sixers.

dont trade Lonzo please. thats all. thanks.
If his camp, or he himself is pulling shit like this, then he needs to be moved. Even if it is for .60 on the dollar at this point. Attach him to Deng's contract as a sweetener if need be.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If his camp, or he himself is pulling shit like this, then he needs to be moved. Even if it is for .60 on the dollar at this point. Attach him to Deng's contract as a sweetener if need be.
i think this is all overblown drama. i dont think we even tried to move Lonzo, so there is no reason for him to leak anything

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i think this is all overblown drama. i dont think we even tried to move Lonzo, so there is no reason for him to leak anything
Don't think for a second that they weren't going to try to move him. Magic himself said it a couple of months ago that no one was untouchable on that roster.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i dont believe it. its Magics 1st draft pick ever, his personal choice, its the guy he said "dont break all my records" to on his 1st press, its a guy that showed championship caliber player qualities with his defense and all around skillset, still improving, on a relatively low contract for the duration of Lebrons stint here. it doesent make any sense to me that we tried to trade him

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
i dont believe it. its Magics 1st draft pick ever, his personal choice, its the guy he said "dont break all my records" to on his 1st press, its a guy that showed championship caliber player qualities with his defense and all around skillset, still improving, on a relatively low contract for the duration of Lebrons stint here. it doesent make any sense to me that we tried to trade him
One word for you: Lavar

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So? Leaking internal info about player injuries is not a good look. Or are you saying Magic knew something like that would be expected from them?
my reasoning here is: we didnt try to move him -> there is no reason for him to leak anything. this is media milking the fact Lebron is a Laker and exploiting all possible trade scenarios. imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)