The NBA Thread (57 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I still think he will demand some reinforcements that will make The Lakers the 2nd best this year or the next one
Orgut, the salary cap is 101.9M, the Lakers have already used up 96.2M of it, which means they have 5.7M left to use on 2 players. they have also used their 4.4M exception already on Stephenson, so after that they can only sign veteran minimum contracts. major free agents include Paul George (stays in Oklahoma), Demarcus Cousins (gone to Warriors), Clint Capela (restricted free agent, if we offered him the 5M we have left, a. Rockets would ofcourse match and b. he would laugh at us), KD (will stay in Oakland, even if he left, we dont have the space for him anymore). here is a list of the free agents this summer:

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/23/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players-2/

who do you think would play here for 5M a year that is any good?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cousins is arguably the best center in the league. But fit wise, and the ball they played, I can defenitely say Pelicans looked BETTER in playoff without him then they did in regular season with him. Mitrovic did alot, but Rondo was able to free up Davis so much in fast paced ball that didnt require the ball in Cousins hand most of the possession. Plus Jru being SG and not needing to playmake made then much better too.
That is why I said New Orleans, and not necessarily because of Cousins. It's because of them losing Rondo. It's still up for debate as to where they will end up.

- - - Updated - - -

Orgut, the salary cap is 101.9M, the Lakers have already used up 96.2M of it, which means they have 5.7M left to use on 2 players. they have also used their 4.4M exception already on Stephenson, so after that they can only sign veteran minimum contracts. major free agents include Paul George (stays in Oklahoma), Demarcus Cousins (gone to Warriors), Clint Capela (restricted free agent, if we offered him the 5M we have left, a. Rockets would ofcourse match and b. he would laugh at us), KD (will stay in Oakland, even if he left, we dont have the space for him anymore). here is a list of the free agents this summer:

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/23/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players-2/

who do you think would play here for 5M a year that is any good?
Lopez.

Seriously, I think it would be Lopez. If they are looking for a better rim protector, then maybe the center from the Knicks. I don't remember his name

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, the kids looked good last night in summer league

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180702-wagner-mykhailiuk-impress-summer-debuts

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You don't know if we are a playoff team or not. And if we don't get more shooting and rim protection, we won't be a playoff team. It's not as if all the other teams around us got worse. Well, maybe with the exception of New Orleans, but we don't know that for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

No, and with good reason. He's a very high usage, low efficiency player who is a traffic cone on defense.
im pretty sure adding Lebron James to a 35 win team (veterans replacing some other veterans), if everyone is healthy, makes you a 45 win team atleast. include the expected jump in quality from the kids, and consider all the close games we lost last season which we didnt know how to close out that should be doable now, and you have a pretty stable playoff team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
im pretty sure adding Lebron James to a 35 win team (veterans replacing some other veterans), if everyone is healthy, makes you a 45 win team atleast. include the expected jump in quality from the kids, and consider all the close games we lost last season which we didnt know how to close out that should be doable now, and you have a pretty stable playoff team.
One would hope. Then again, everyone thought that PG was a lock for the Lakers this year too.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Cousins is arguably the best center in the league. But fit wise, and the ball they played, I can defenitely say Pelicans looked BETTER in playoff without him then they did in regular season with him. Mitrovic did alot, but Rondo was able to free up Davis so much in fast paced ball that didnt require the ball in Cousins hand most of the possession. Plus Jru being SG and not needing to playmake made then much better too.
Rondo was a big part in why they looked so good. guess where hes now? :p

Randle is an improvement over Mirotic though, i can picture him in a 2on2 game with Davis, would be nearly impossible to defend

- - - Updated - - -

That is why I said New Orleans, and not necessarily because of Cousins. It's because of them losing Rondo. It's still up for debate as to where they will end up.

- - - Updated - - -

Lopez.

Seriously, I think it would be Lopez. If they are looking for a better rim protector, then maybe the center from the Knicks. I don't remember his name

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, the kids looked good last night in summer league

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180702-wagner-mykhailiuk-impress-summer-debuts
bring Lopez. he had some questionable games where he kept shooting bricks all game and refused to play inside (maybe Walton told him to do so), but hes still a starting center in the NBA. can spread the floor and protect the rim, cant ask for more (well, yes you can, rebounds, but we have James, Ball and Ingram)

- - - Updated - - -

i like Mykhail, should get playing time next season. there is our shooter

- - - Updated - - -

what is the market for DeAndre Jordan? Dallas? stays on the Clippers? do the Clippers even want him? i dont see a third team. maybe an under the radar dark horse to be signed for a small 1 year deal?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Rondo was a big part in why they looked so good. guess where hes now? :p

Randle is an improvement over Mirotic though, i can picture him in a 2on2 game with Davis, would be nearly impossible to defend

- - - Updated - - -

bring Lopez. he had some questionable games where he kept shooting bricks all game and refused to play inside (maybe Walton told him to do so), but hes still a starting center in the NBA. can spread the floor and protect the rim, cant ask for more (well, yes you can, rebounds, but we have James, Ball and Ingram)

- - - Updated - - -

i like Mykhail, should get playing time next season. there is our shooter

- - - Updated - - -

what is the market for DeAndre Jordan? Dallas? stays on the Clippers? do the Clippers even want him? i dont see a third team. maybe an under the radar dark horse to be signed for a small 1 year deal?
He signed with Dallas the other day.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lakers are looking to acquire Kevin Love.

Apparently, Cleveland's pick is owed to Atlanta if it is outside the Top 10, so they want to make every effort to make sure they really suck :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
oh :lol:

how to get rid of Love then when we need space for Kawhi next summer?
Deng 18 million
Hart 1.8 million
Zubac 1.5 million

Love- 24.1

It gets close, but it is doable. And then take into consideration that KCP and Rondo are off the books next year, and you could start feasibly trying to get to where you need to be with Kawhi

- - - Updated - - -

So now with Cousins joining GSW, does that mean that Lebron's journey of chasing rings is officially over?
If he were chasing rings, then why did he go to LA?

I TOLD you to bring your A game :lol:

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Deng 18 million
Hart 1.8 million
Zubac 1.5 million

Love- 24.1

It gets close, but it is doable. And then take into consideration that KCP and Rondo are off the books next year, and you could start feasibly trying to get to where you need to be with Kawhi

- - - Updated - - -

If he were chasing rings, then why did he go to LA?

I TOLD you to bring your A game :lol:

Lol come on, you really believe that Lebron has never done anything in his career that allowed him to win rings? He moved to LA because he did not know that Cousins was about to blow up all is plans, simple. Yes he's in LA chasing more stats than rings :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol come on, you really believe that Lebron has never done anything in his career that allowed him to win rings? He moved to LA because he did not know that Cousins was about to blow up all is plans, simple. Yes he's in LA chasing more stats than rings :lol:
He signed a 4 year contract. If he wanted to win right away, he would have signed a 1 + 1, which is what he did every year that he came back to Cleveland. He signed a 4 year deal because he knew that it would take time for it to happen in Los Angeles

- - - Updated - - -

Chasing rings would have been signing with Philly.

Chasing rings would have been opting into his contract and forcing a trade to a club like Houston.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 51)