The NBA Thread (38 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It makes sense because the team is going nowhere. They get a young piece in Harris, a 1st round pick and about 9 million in cap space next year
Yeah but is 9 million in cap that valuable? That just establishes mediocrity. You either go all in on superstars or all out and tank.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah but is 9 million in cap that valuable? That just establishes mediocrity. You either go all in on superstars or all out and tank.
For this coming off-season, probably not. But they needed a young player to start building around, and maybe Harris is it

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Man, I know the chances are slim, just theorizing why they'd trade Blake away. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
They are REBUILDING/tanking late, after they realized they cant contend with this decent/good roster due to all the massive injuries they have had. They are hitting the reset button on Blake, harsh, but he has gigantic contract and allways injured a third of the season...

They will trade DeAndre Jordan and Lou Will soon for draft picks too probably, but Jerry West must be confused, because he should have started this rebuild phase from the get go, because now they have won too many games to truly tank for a good pick and rebuild.

They are defenitely not doing this for Bron, you dont trade a Franchise player in Blake, even a fragile and troublesome one (dudes punches staff...), if you wanna attract Bron or any other big FA. Its a guess, but I dont think they going for this free agency, but prolly the one in 2019 or 2020, more opportunities then while rebuilding slowly with draft assets.

Trouble is the Pistons pick they got is gonna be in the 12-18 range prolly. So what they need to do is trade Jordan/Lou Will to Cavs for the brooklyn pic, thats more or less guranteed to be top 6 pic.

- - - Updated - - -

James Harden just had the NBA's first ever 60 point triple double. 60 points on 19/30 shooting, 10 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 1 block.

:delpiero: even if it was against Orlando.
And few days ago Jeff Teague HAD THE MOST AWFUL GAME I EVER SEEN by an NBA player ever vs Hawks. I just dont know how to describe it...you should just seen it...Agent saboteur for his former team...

HE ABSOLUTELY killed the Wolves in every facet of the game (He would make Harden look like Kawhi in defending, made awful missed passes after letting clock run down to 5 seconds, missed every shot or didnt even attempt to take open shots...). And the bizzare thing is Thibs keeping him in all game, he even managed to throw away the game in last seconds, Wolves have the ball, he is inbounding, its 14 seconds left,down 1 point to Hawks (this team is awfully lazy/arrogant against all shit East teams away, seem like they barely try), he cant find someone open to inbound to, get 5 seconds call on him, and TRIES to calls a timeout to save himself, thing is WOLVES DONT HAVE A TIMEOUT left :lol: So its turnover to Hawks with seconds left...

Whole game was awful, but that ending, rivals Harden choking away the win for Rockets by fouling flopping ass Marcus Smart twice in last seconds to gift Celtics the win.

Edit: Someone actually made a "lowlights" of Teagues performance :lol:

Thibs did such a horrible job signing him...The sooner they get rid the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anybody even remember what the Thunder got back in that trade?
Had to look it up, and funny thing is it didnt take long to show OKC what an AWFUL trade it was to make :D

After failing to agree on a contract extension with the Thunder, Harden was traded to the Houston Rockets on October 27, 2012, along with Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich and Lazar Hayward, in exchange for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks, and a second round pick.[19] Rockets general manager Daryl Morey called Harden a "foundational" player and expected him to be Houston's featured player despite previously only playing a supporting role behind Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.[21] On October 31, 2012, Harden signed a contract extension with the Rockets for five years worth $80 million.[22] That same day, he became the first-ever NBA player to score 37 or more points while registering a double-digit assist total in his team debut, posting 37 points, a career-high 12 assists, six rebounds, four steals and one block in a 105–96 win over the Detroit Pistons. He became just the fourth NBA player in the last 25 years to post those totals in a single game and matched the third-highest point total for any NBA player in his team debut (most for Rockets debut). Two days later, he scored 45 points against the Atlanta Hawks. His 82 total points were the most scored by a player in his first two games with a team in NBA history, surpassing the previous mark held by Wilt Chamberlain, who scored 79 points in his first two career games with the Philadelphia Warriors in 1959

tumblr_oj6zi2ammg1s3gys4o1_400.gif

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
First Kuzma and now this guy, they really hit the jackpot with these two if they can keep up this way.

BTW, why isn't Kuzma playing so much lately, injury, bad form or the usual Walton rotation?
Kuzma has hit the proverbial rookie wall, it seems. Wasn't a good road trip for him, but maybe some home cooking will do some good.

I want to see a Ball-Hart backcourt for the rest of the season when Lonzo comes back

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So you gonna trade Randle and Clarkson you think? For FA cap room purposes, tho who will be available is the question, Cousins is damaged and the more I watch OKC the more I'm convinced he aint coming to LA at all.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So you gonna trade Randle and Clarkson you think? For FA cap room purposes, tho who will be available is the question, Cousins is damaged and the more I watch OKC the more I'm convinced he aint coming to LA at all.
One of the two will definitely go by the deadline. I think it will be Clarkson. You move 12.5 million off the books for next year, and I would much rather have Randle. Once they have rescinded Lopez, Pope, and Brewer at the end of the year, they will have room for 1 max slot and a 20 million/ year player.

I know the Lakers want 2 max slots, but I have always said that I don't. If you have to get just one free agent to make a huge difference, then you go for Lebron. You bring in Lebron, then you use the remaining cap space to get either a center or a another rotation guard.

Now hear me out on this. I know that people think that I am fucking nuts for thinking that Lebron would consider the Lakers, but take a look at this for a second, assuming that Randle stays. This is the core of the team coming back for next year.

Randle- 23 $12.4 million (Cap Hold)
Ingram -20 $5.8 million
Ball - 20 $7.5 million
Hart- 23 $1.7 Million
Nance- 25 $2.272 Million
Kuzma-22 $1.7 Million

5 of the 6 players on this list are still on their rookie contracts. Those contracts total, assuming they bring Randle back, is only 31 million dollars.

Add in Luol Deng's stupid ass contract of 18 million, and that comes to 49 million.

With a salary cap of 101 million, that is still $52 million under the cap.

Whomever the lakers decide to sign, will be joining a young, athletic squad, for an organization that would not have to make any compromises to fit him under the cap.

That alone, that last sentence, is something to think about.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@Salvo @zizinho @Post Ironic

This Lakers 1st round rookie class though....................Ball,Hart, and Kuzma
bro, im super excited with this young core, and im positively surprised with Hart especially. when i 1st saw him and knowing his background from the NCAA where he stayed 4 years and won a title, i was expecting a 3 and D hardworking role player on a playoff team, but now i think he might have the potentntial for something more even. love his game, the way he attacks the rim every time in transition is beautiful to watch. if he can get his 3pt shot to fall at good rates regularly, hes a lock to start here for years as far as im concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the two will definitely go by the deadline. I think it will be Clarkson. You move 12.5 million off the books for next year, and I would much rather have Randle. Once they have rescinded Lopez, Pope, and Brewer at the end of the year, they will have room for 1 max slot and a 20 million/ year player.

I know the Lakers want 2 max slots, but I have always said that I don't. If you have to get just one free agent to make a huge difference, then you go for Lebron. You bring in Lebron, then you use the remaining cap space to get either a center or a another rotation guard.

Now hear me out on this. I know that people think that I am fucking nuts for thinking that Lebron would consider the Lakers, but take a look at this for a second, assuming that Randle stays. This is the core of the team coming back for next year.

Randle- 23 $12.4 million (Cap Hold)
Ingram -20 $5.8 million
Ball - 20 $7.5 million
Hart- 23 $1.7 Million
Nance- 25 $2.272 Million
Kuzma-22 $1.7 Million

5 of the 6 players on this list are still on their rookie contracts. Those contracts total, assuming they bring Randle back, is only 31 million dollars.

Add in Luol Deng's stupid ass contract of 18 million, and that comes to 49 million.

With a salary cap of 101 million, that is still $52 million under the cap.

Whomever the lakers decide to sign, will be joining a young, athletic squad, for an organization that would not have to make any compromises to fit him under the cap.

That alone, that last sentence, is something to think about.
im actually with you on this, and the reason for that is - defense. Warriors roflstomped the Cavs in the finals because of their mediocre defense (even their statistically all time great offense didnt help), and this season the trend seems to continue. Houston toyed with them as well, even the additions of some athleticism in Crowder and Green didnt get them far. now, i havent seen the Lakers play in 3 weeks (they came out of their losing streak and started winning once i stopped watching, odd), but what ive seen i can tell you, they are potentially a top NBA defense. Ball and Ingram have all NBA defense potential, Randle can switch on anyone, Hart was a good defender before coming to the NBA even, showed you can count on him on this level as well, he can even guard some small 4s even for a few possessions. they have the quickness, size and length to switch anything (unless you have two 7footers on the floor), they close out on open 3s very good which is very important with teams like the Rockets and Warriors. the other thing, we match up well with the Warriors from what ive seen. Ingram defends Durant as good as almost anyone in this league that ive seen (and you need a Durant defender with Lebron on your team, as James clearly cant do it. you must match him up with Green/Iguodala to stand a chance), Ball even when the sample size is not a lot, played some good defense on Curry in the 3 games ive seen us play them, Randle can switch on either of them and hold his ground. if only Kuzma could also become a good defender.

Paul George with the recent success they had, assuming they make a late playoff push, i think is more likely to stay than come here. but if in some crazy scenario he opts into his last 20M contract year and is traded here on top of signing Lebron, oh boy. in other news, we still need some shooters, so id look for how little Belinelli would be willing to sign

- - - Updated - - -

disclaimer: not saying we would beat the Warriors with James on the team, just stating reasons why this Lakers core would be on top of his prefered destinations once he leaves. just wanted to make that clear before someone missunderstands

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Its looking pretty good, im very curious to see what we do in the next trade period

Kuzma is amazing
If they have to trade somebody, I would rather it be Clarkson than Randle.

Clarkson is instant offense, but Randle is an athletic freak at his size and height. He's not afraid to get down low. Guards are a little easier to find.

- - - Updated - - -

And no sooner do I say this, reports form Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowksi are stating that the Lakers are now concentrating on the 2019 Free Agent class instead of this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Magic and Pelinka are starting to realize that the costs of trying to get 2 max players this year may not be worth the two pieces they would have to give up (Clarkson and Randle)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If they have to trade somebody, I would rather it be Clarkson than Randle.

Clarkson is instant offense, but Randle is an athletic freak at his size and height. He's not afraid to get down low. Guards are a little easier to find.

- - - Updated - - -

And no sooner do I say this, reports form Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowksi are stating that the Lakers are now concentrating on the 2019 Free Agent class instead of this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Magic and Pelinka are starting to realize that the costs of trying to get 2 max players this year may not be worth the two pieces they would have to give up (Clarkson and Randle)
Klay coming home :donedeal:

not much else to look at otherwise, no?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Klay coming home :donedeal:

not much else to look at otherwise, no?
I don't know, to be honest. The 2019 class as far as I know will also include Butler and Leonard.

I was never really on board with Lebron on the Lakers, and I definitely was not on board with clearing 2 max slots for this year.

2019 could be a little easier to do that, since Clarkson would be on an expiring contract next year.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't know, to be honest. The 2019 class as far as I know will also include Butler and Leonard.

I was never really on board with Lebron on the Lakers, and I definitely was not on board with clearing 2 max slots for this year.

2019 could be a little easier to do that, since Clarkson would be on an expiring contract next year.
disapointing list, Leonard wont leave Spurs and Butler wont last much longer. if we dont get Klay, id rather wait for Davis or Giannis then.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
disapointing list, Leonard wont leave Spurs and Butler wont last much longer. if we dont get Klay, id rather wait for Davis or Giannis then.
What I am trying to comprehend is why the Lakers, who are going to have a lot of cap space this coming off-season, are not thinking about throwing 2 poison pill contracts at 2 young RFA, and build that way.

3 players that immediately come to mind are Nurkic and either Rodney Hood and Zach Levine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)