The NBA Thread (39 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
His bros are coming to play in Lithuania lol
Strange choice, not much learn for them there, European basketball is almost like diifferent sport to NBA basketball

- - - Updated - - -

Outplayed?

17/8/6 with 1 turnover, with 2 steals and a block in 40 minutes, and he was outplayed?

Being a little overzealous, aren't we?
His better minutes were agaist JJ, Frank pretty much stopped him

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Plus neither is that good. The youngest has potential but hasn't done anything to prove it. The middle is ok but not NBA caliber.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Strange choice, not much learn for them there, European basketball is almost like diifferent sport to NBA basketball

- - - Updated - - -

I might be wrong but I think Europe experience will never turn out to be bad for them, especially if they're hard working. Knowing those lads are so young even Lithuanian level will be too tough now. Good way to gain playing exp against grown man and test yourself against some tough teams, including the Baltic league ones.

But yeah, agree. This is strange. I'd understand if they were attracted by the chance to play for an elite European team, like Zalgiris for example, but a 7th placed team last season sounds crazy. In fact, they're last this season so far.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
you realize they rarely were on the court at the same time?

- - - Updated - - -

I might be wrong but I think Europe experience will never turn out to be bad for them, especially if they're hard working. Knowing those lads are so young even Lithuanian level will be too tough now. Good way to gain playing exp against grown man and test yourself against some tough teams, including the Baltic league ones.

But yeah, agree. This is strange. I'd understand if they were attracted by the chance to play for an elite European team, like Zalgiris for example, but a 7th placed team last season sounds crazy. In fact, they're last this season so far.
they never will get enough minutes at an Euroleague club, they are youngsters that need playing time so a club of that caliber is good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

so i see Simmons struggled vs Minnesota, was Jimmy guarding him?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

they never will get enough minutes at an Euroleague club, they are youngsters that need playing time so a club of that caliber is good for them.

- - - Updated - - -

so i see Simmons struggled vs Minnesota, was Jimmy guarding him?
I didn’t see the game and now I regret it. The Embiid highlights were insane. He’s incredible.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I didn’t see the game and now I regret it. The Embiid highlights were insane. He’s incredible.
It was kind of a garbage game for 3.5 quarters. 76ers turned the ball over like 25 times and were down 10 points after not making a single field goal in the first 6-7 minutes of the 4th and turning the ball over like 8 times in those 6-7 minutes. Simmons had 0 points on 0-4 shooting and only Embiid was really keeping the game close. Then the 76ers just went off. I don't think they turned the ball over again in the last few minutes of the 4th and overtime and just went unstoppable mode, would have ended in regulation if Butler didn't hit a couple clutch 3s. Simmons and Reddick just turned on the jets to help Embiid. The assists from Embiid to Simmons for back-cut dunks were damn amazing. I had no idea Embiid had that passing touch.

Oh, and Wiggins absolutely stunk up the joint. Terrible performance. KAT looks like he needs some conditioning work too. Could hardly jump in the last bit of the game.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It was kind of a garbage game for 3.5 quarters. 76ers turned the ball over like 25 times and were down 10 points after not making a single field goal in the first 6-7 minutes of the 4th and turning the ball over like 8 times in those 6-7 minutes. Simmons had 0 points on 0-4 shooting and only Embiid was really keeping the game close. Then the 76ers just went off. I don't think they turned the ball over again in the last few minutes of the 4th and overtime and just went unstoppable mode, would have ended in regulation if Butler didn't hit a couple clutch 3s. Oh and Simmons and Reddick just turned on the jets to help Embiid. The assists from Embiid to Simmons for back-cut dunks were damn amazing. I had no idea Embiid had that passing touch.

Oh, and Wiggins absolutely stunk up the joint. Terrible performance. KAT looks like he needs some conditioning work too. Could hardly jump in the last bit of the game.
Embiid is the complete package, best center and probably top3-5 player in the league for 10+ years if he stays healthy

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Didn't see all of the game as the baby had problems sleeping and I was on-off, but from what I saw Lonzo was beastin against JJ and once Frank came on he remained mostly silent and lost the battle between the two imo. Anyways, the Knicks are in worse position than they should be, I'm afraid they've already lost too much to get to the play-offs, have a really hard away schedule coming up and that team really stinks when it's on the road. Would have stood a chance with Tim HJ healthy and KP missing less games, but their quality is way too thin if injuries come knocking.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It was kind of a garbage game for 3.5 quarters. 76ers turned the ball over like 25 times and were down 10 points after not making a single field goal in the first 6-7 minutes of the 4th and turning the ball over like 8 times in those 6-7 minutes. Simmons had 0 points on 0-4 shooting and only Embiid was really keeping the game close. Then the 76ers just went off. I don't think they turned the ball over again in the last few minutes of the 4th and overtime and just went unstoppable mode, would have ended in regulation if Butler didn't hit a couple clutch 3s. Oh and Simmons and Reddick just turned on the jets to help Embiid. The assists from Embiid to Simmons for back-cut dunks were damn amazing. I had no idea Embiid had that passing touch.

:tup: that inconsistency sounds just like the Sixers.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

What I meant to say was not that European basketball is infinitely inferior to NBA, just that they play the game so differently that they'll have to learn a lot of stuff that probably won't be used on the other side of the ocean. But of course, playing against experienced, tough guys at that age can never be useless, I agree with that :tup:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Didn't see all of the game as the baby had problems sleeping and I was on-off, but from what I saw Lonzo was beastin against JJ and once Frank came on he remained mostly silent and lost the battle between the two imo. Anyways, the Knicks are in worse position than they should be, I'm afraid they've already lost too much to get to the play-offs, have a really hard away schedule coming up and that team really stinks when it's on the road. Would have stood a chance with Tim HJ healthy and KP missing less games, but their quality is way too thin if injuries come knocking.
Lonzo rarely looks to score in crunch time (rightly so, as guys like Ingram, Kuzma, Clarkson are better scorers), and that was the time they spent together on the court. even then, Ingram was guarding Ntilikina for most possessions, except Ball for a few, and i dont remember any major stops from Franck on the other end on Ball. stats dont say he outplayed Ball, and the sample size of them going at each other is almost non existent. in reality, Porzingis outplayed everyone.

Knicks are doing alright, a bit better than i expected before the season. if they could make a good trade at the deadline, they can get into the playoffs imo

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I have to say it’s a little offensive how red, yellow and brown are not represented there. I didn’t know Lebron was a shitlord.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 31)