The NBA Thread (51 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Mozgov contract is a huge fucking mistake man. IMO Marjanovic is better than him and he got 21/3
Mozgov was the guy that Luke Walton called and told him that he wanted. He likes his pick and roll abilities and being able to space the floor a little with his mid range shot.

It's the guy he wanted. Doesn't mean that I agree with it

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The San Antonio Spurs held a news conference on Tuesday to say goodbye to the legendary Tim Duncan, who retired this week after 19 seasons in the NBA.

Duncan was not in attendance.

It was the perfect sendoff for Duncan, one of the greatest players of all time, who managed at once to be larger than life and the quiet guy next door. The individual superstar who was always team first. He dressed like your dad and kinda played like your dad too, all bunnies and bank shots, plus that dart 16-footer that seemed to fall every time.

It’s hard not to compare Duncan’s goodbye to Kobe Bryant’s. (Not that the way Kobe said goodbye was wrong, or bad. If I had Bryant’s career I’d make every city throw me a parade when I came through.) But for Bryant there were commercials and films made, goodbye ceremonies, gifts in every city, speeches given and tears shed and loving highlight videos blasted across big screens, all year, almost every game, for an entire season. In his final game, Bryant came out gunning, dropping 60 points in front of an arena full of celebrities there to cheer on his greatness.

Duncan issued a statement through the team on a Monday in July, during the slowest sports week of the year.
He waited for the day after Wimbledon, perhaps not wanting to upstage Andy Murray.

When the team held a news conference Tuesday, Duncan wasn’t in attendance. Coach Gregg Popovich answered a few questions in a scrum at practice, and that was that. There were reports that Duncan would hold his own news conference later this week, but the team dashed those reports on Tuesday. There will be no news conference. Duncan is gone.

It’s the perfect goodbye from a player who somehow managed to quietly win five NBA titles and two league MVP awards. Who is widely thought of as one of the ten best players ever and the greatest power forward to ever play the game and is still somehow underrated, or at least under-discussed.

He played the game at the highest level, but he made it look simple. He was one of the great leaders of the game, but rarely could be seen yelling at teammates. He is a legend, and he walked away quietly on a Monday morning. It will be a long time before we see someone again like Tim Duncan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)