The More Obscure Sides of Football (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
Really? Wow, in that case gotta watch Dutch football more.. say, if its Ajax against Auxerre in a UEFA Cup and Mexes makes a tackle against VDV, does Escude or whoever on the second leg does the same thing? Put things simply, does it only occur in Holland, or does it apply to mainly Dutch teams regardless whom they're against wether its a Dutch club or not?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
It's an unwritte law in Dutch football. Dutch teams have an "honour code" if you will. If your buddy gets tackled and he's incapable of revenging himself, then you do it for him on the first occasion.

Regardless of the oppponents.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
It's an unwritte law in Dutch football. Dutch teams have an "honour code" if you will. If your buddy gets tackled and he's incapable of revenging himself, then you do it for him on the first occasion.

Regardless of the oppponents.
it's pretty much like that anywhere in the world... specially for a bunch of friends playing a scrimage game against other guys. that's of course if we're fair..

most of the time, we're too hot blooded. we'll just punch the SOB who tackled our player. then you'll have a punching Orgy.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
it's pretty much like that anywhere in the world... specially for a bunch of friends playing a scrimage game against other guys. that's of course if we're fair..

most of the time, we're too hot blooded. we'll just punch the SOB who tackled our player. then you'll have a punching Orgy.
Yeah I thought it was like that but a couple of people reacted surprised when I said that so then I started hesitating if maybe that was just over here :undecide:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i have a question......the team that wins the coppa will get a uefa cup berth next season. if the winning team is already in CL or uefa cup, then the place is given to the runners-up correct?

what happens if both teams are already in the europen competitions? let's say the standings now, finishes as it is (we're 3rd and lazio 4th)......then who'll take that uefa cup berth?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
or does it go to teams that lost in semis?? milan, inter --> both looking set to be in CL and uefa cup respectively....

now i'm confused.....:confused: i hope someone knows

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Question:

When watching football on TV and a free kick from a scoreable position is given I always see a large arrow towards the goal giving the distance of the freekick to the goal and a large circle indicating how far the wall should be.

Are those images just television graphics or are the images projected onto the actual field for the players and referee to see?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
Question:

When watching football on TV and a free kick from a scoreable position is given I always see a large arrow towards the goal giving the distance of the freekick to the goal and a large circle indicating how far the wall should be.

Are those images just television graphics or are the images projected onto the actual field for the players and referee to see?
:howler:

They're made by the T.V as fabiana said.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Oh, so it's only for our (the tv viewer's) benefit?

I found it strange that the players were exactly behind the circle like if they knew exactly where the 10m mark was.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54
    :LOL: that'd require a pretty powerful projector. It's not like the players or ref care how far the ball is from the goal anyway :p

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah, laugh at poor, old me :D

It was kind of dumb but you could never know what these dudes do with technology these days.

It's just that how do the players/referee know exactly where the 10m circle is as most of the time, if not all, the players are standing exactly on it when the TV displays the circle.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #57
    Won't clubs from other continents get pissed off that they don't get a place in the comp because of what happened in the stupid Coppa Italia? I don't think they should give so many places to Italian clubs. Sure, my heart says so, but i don't think it makes for good competition.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    :LOL: it doesn't really look like a very super cup :sleepy:

my question about that pic is wtf is Legro doing in the background, and who added the cheesy glowing haze to the Cup :lazy:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Won't clubs from other continents get pissed off that they don't get a place in the comp because of what happened in the stupid Coppa Italia? I don't think they should give so many places to Italian clubs. Sure, my heart says so, but i don't think it makes for good competition.
    i think they actually give the place to the next placed team in the league,ie the 7th in the serie a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)