The Lebanese political crisis!!! (7 Viewers)

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
But Israel don't want peace, they've had specific aims and they are achieving them.
Weren't you banned for a week?

Stop involving Israel in this! You want to talk about Hizballah and Lebanon? Then talk about it. Otherwise stop complaining about ppl talking off topic!

And just for the record: Israel doesn't wan't to control Lebanon, Israel do want peace with its neighbors but as long as there're some fanatics who just want to exterminate Israel rule the show... well, it just wont be possible.

Interesting: Nasrallah calls for death of Israel, says "Israel weaker than the spiderwebs" (the idiot doesn't even know spiderweb is considered to be one of the strongest materials, some companies even try to make bulletproof wests from this material), calls for another war with Israel and after that you say "But Israel doesn't wan't peace". Right, it's Israel who doesn't want peace... And Nasrallah shoul receive the Nobel prize for peace... :disagree:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
How do you know if you were not into negotiations?
What negotiations do you mean? It is pretty obvious that they don't want peace, the most recent evidence is the last war against Lebanon. I can't imagine that Israel had intended to have peace with Lebanon then they suddenly declared a war on Lebanon for just two or three kidnapped Israeli soldiers. Hezbollah is responsible for kidnapping the soldiers and it is the one that is fighting Israel, so what guilt did the whole Lebanese nation commit to face such a war? Israel don't want peace.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Igal said:
Stop involving Israel in this! You want to talk about Hizballah and Lebanon? Then talk about it. Otherwise stop complaining about ppl talking off topic!
I was responding to a quote posted by Jacques, so that means that I didn't involve Israel in the topic by myself.

By the way, I haven't complained about anyone or anything, just check my previous posts.

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
I was responding to a quote posted by Jacques, so that means that I didn't involve Israel in the topic by myself.

By the way, I haven't complained about anyone or anything, just check my previous posts.
Well, this passage was more of a general remark, not directed specifically to you. The rest, however... mostly to you.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #829
    What negotiations do you mean? It is pretty obvious that they don't want peace, the most recent evidence is the last war against Lebanon. I can't imagine that Israel had intended to have peace with Lebanon then they suddenly declared a war on Lebanon for just two or three kidnapped Israeli soldiers. Hezbollah is responsible for kidnapping the soldiers and it is the one that is fighting Israel, so what guilt did the whole Lebanese nation commit to face such a war? Israel don't want peace.
    Israel wants to get rid of Hezballa, maybe they had an ugly attempt in the summer but I am sure if we take the weapons from Hezballa and sign a peace treaty with Israel, we would benefit very much from it. At least much more than what we are getting from Nasralla and his speeches. Palestinians and Syrians may not benefit from a Lebanese treaty with Israel, but frankly, I don't give a toss.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Israel wants to get rid of Hezballa, maybe they had an ugly attempt in the summer but I am sure if we take the weapons from Hezballa and sign a peace treaty with Israel, we would benefit very much from it. At least much more than what we are getting from Nasralla and his speeches. Palestinians and Syrians may not benefit from a Lebanese treaty with Israel, but frankly, I don't give a toss.
    If I were Lebanese, I might have had the same point of view as yours. And I don't blame you, undeniably, we all want peace. Even though, I have a different ideology (before criticising me, and of course you have all the right to do, I know that this Nationalism ideology aroused by Abdel Naser is now an old one but excuse me I still proudly believe in it).

In my opinion, I consider the Arabian Nations as one nation that should live together, dream together, prosper together and fight together.

In fact, Lebanon has the right to live in peace with its neighbour and the Palestinians have the right to dream of their own country. But we must not forget the fact that, despite our massive population and our huge land, we are the weak side and the weak side can't decide but the strong side is the one who puts the rules and the weak is the one who applies them.

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
    Yeah, Lebanon and Palestine have the right to live in peace ,but not with Israel. Why don't the Israelis just simply leave ang go away from the land they have been trying to take for over than 50 years. It is not your land. It is simply and Arabian Palestinian land. Israelis just have to leave Palestine to where they came from, Europe,America, i dont no where, but they must not live in a land that isnt theirs.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm just going to ask everyone here to keep it cool. I'm shocked that I haven't had to shut this thread yet. Keep it that way.

Yeah, Lebanon and Palestine have the right to live in peace ,but not with Israel. Why don't the Israelis just simply leave ang go away from the land they have been trying to take for over than 50 years. It is not your land. It is simply and Arabian Palestinian land. Israelis just have to leave Palestine to where they came from, Europe,America, i dont no where, but they must not live in a land that isnt theirs.
    It's a little more complicated than that. Swag parodied the whole concept of nationhood and historical land ownership delightfully on this forum once. He said:
    swag said:
    Personally, I draw my roots back to Ethiopia with the 5.8 million-year-old humanoids discovered there. Those are my ancestors. That is my culture. The rest of the people there are invaders. I lay claim to the land of Ethiopia as my homeland and will not stop the bloodshed until it is returned to its rightful owners.
    Well, the Israelis think they have some historical right to the land (heck - God himself granted them the lease), and now they're there for about a lifetime, there are many people from Israel for whom it is home - the place they were born, the place they grew up and the place they live, work, raise a family. For those people, it is their country, their only country.
    If you refuse to look at it that way, refuse to recognise them as people, then please don't ask that they do it for you.
    I'm going to ask that the entire Israel thing just disappear from this thread - it's always inflammatory - and we get back to discussing the Lebanon and Hezballa.

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
    I mentioned my viewpoint and that's all.

Why are you acting like being the moderator of Hizbollah thread?
    I know you were saying your opinion. And I was standing you correct.

:tup: :agree:

BS.

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, the Israelis think they have some historical right to the land (heck - God himself granted them the lease), and now they're there for about a lifetime, there are many people from Israel for whom it is home - the place they were born, the place they grew up and the place they live, work, raise a family. For those people, it is their country, their only country.
    If you refuse to look at it that way, refuse to recognise them as people, then please don't ask that they do it for you.
    I'm going to ask that the entire Israel thing just disappear from this thread - it's always inflammatory - and we get back to discussing the Lebanon and Hezballa.
    Will have to agree with that. Especially with 2 last parts.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    hambon said:
    Keeping Israel out of this discussion will be tough... they tend to mesh into every aspect...
    Quoted in agreement. The Hezballa issue has led us to open a discussion about Israel, this is the normal flow of any debate, a subject leads to another subject. Accordingly, we can't keep the most involved country in today's clashes in Lebanon without mentioning it.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #840
    Keeping Israel out of this discussion will be tough... they tend to mesh into every aspect...
    Quoted in agreement. The Hezballa issue has led us to open a discussion about Israel, this is the normal flow of any debate, a subject leads to another subject. Accordingly, we can't keep the most involved country in today's clashes in Lebanon without mentioning it.
    Then simply don't discuss the subject. This thread is about an internal Lebanese conflict.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)