The ideal end for a transfer campaign. (8 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Like i said earlier, the way i see Cassano coming is if Del Piero goes. Both players have their pros and cons, so lets no discount the magnaminous implications they both could have on the team from every perspective. What gives Cassano the edge is, undoubtedly his age. Personally, i dont see the need for Cassano, and all i care about honestly, is retaining Mutu. So at the end of the day, if Del Piero goes, then good luck to him. If he doesnt, I'm fine with that too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I hope that the promise shown by Mutu and Del Piero in yesterday's Trofeo TIM persuades Capello to keep the two of them :)

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
Well personally I would welcome Cassano as well but then at this point in time(this year), I don't see him as necessary.

We have Mutu who I love actually and I think he can regain his form. I mean he smoked some dope .. big whoop, I have friends who smoked liked dope, ate Ectasy and they are doing masters right now. Its not as if he just recovered from cancer and he needs to recover his physical abilities. That is another topic tough :D

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
Yeah...with the players we have now, may be one or two additions as back up, we can conquer every championships!! My ideal formation would be a 4-2-3-1...solid and versatile...

-----------------------Buffon----------------------------
------Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambro-------
------------------Emerson, Vieira----------------------
---Cammo, Neved/New Creative MF, DP/Mutu---
----------------------Trez/Ibra--------------------------

Aimar (who has not appeared in any Valencia's pre-season matches and InterToto Cup) may be leaving soon, and he would be a good buy to strengthen our squad as creative MF!!

If we have Aimar, he could swap position with both left and right wings during a game. Our attack will be more entertaining and versatile...

Let's get Cassano next season who can play very well on left hand side of the field...!!

This is really my ideal transfer campaign!!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
OK.
no cassano this year.
fifa have upheald roma's ban.they cant buy any players.
its official.

Roman Odyssey: TAS Uphold Transfer Ban
7/21/2005 6:26:00 PM
The TAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) has upheld the transfer ban FIFA had imposed on AS Roma for the Mexes affair late last month.
This means Roma will be unable to buy any new players at least until the next transfer window.

TAS in-fact made it known that they will hand out a final verdict before the winter transfer window opens in January.

This decision probably also means Roma will have to give up on the signings of Kuffour, Nonda, and Taddei that they made before the ban was imposed.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Roma: Tas conferma blocco mercato
Giovedì, 21 luglio @ 18:23:19 CEST
Il Tas (tribunale arbitrale dello sport) ha confermato il divieto ad operare sul mercato decretato il 23 giugno scorso dalla Fifa per la vicenda Mexes e quindi ha respinto il ricorso effettuato dalla Roma.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Even if none of you value Del Piero as a player(which is wholly beyond my comprehension considering what he has done to to prove otherwise) he is a huge asset to the club and one of the the most popular players in the world.If for nothing else we should keep him for the revenue he generates the club and for the influence he has in the team and with the fans.Like most of you have mentioned, no club is gonna offer a shitload of moolah for him, if we sell him we are most definitely on the losing end financially in the long run.

As Paul would say, the figures are out there, go check them out.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
But would DP be happy on the bench? Would the fans not be feroucious like last season?
That is my only concern as for now I see no point in selling Alex either.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Fans are as fickle minded as players. If Mutu plays well, I dont see how they wont appreciate that viz a viz be ferocious about Del Piero sitting on the bench. I think it's a gradual realisation, but one all the same, that Del Piero is a spent force. And once he's past 30, one cant expect anything of him either.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
Why do we always focus on DP whenever we talk about transfer campaign?! I think DP's attacking position is well covered, no matter Cassano joins and DP leaves or vice versa. Like baggio said, we can't expect anything from a player over 30. It would be a bonus in life if DP's performance exceed our expectation now...

May be we should focus on the squad weaknesses as we have a long season coming and we aim all championships: CL, Scudetto & Coppa Italia!!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Del Piero should certainly play all Coppa matches. I want that 10th title. And the silver star that goes with it. :stuckup: :greedy:

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #74
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Del Piero should certainly play all Coppa matches. I want that 10th title. And the silver star that goes with it. :stuckup: :greedy:
    It probably suits him, and a chance to fulfill his dreams

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #79
    It has not been confirmed yet, it seems that Nicole has inside information about the issue.

Jul 28, 2002
    Am i the only one who thinks cassano will merely be a waste of time and precious cash?

He isnt a playmaker or a proper midfielder...we have a plethora of striking talent, inlcuding potnetial youngsters, a ageing club legend who will fight for his place...is there any point in wasting the big cash on him??

Imo if we get him it should be on a free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)