The ideal end for a transfer campaign. (1 Viewer)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    If you read the post you realize that Del Piero's departure is not enough for the purchase of Cassano, we all know that Einstein.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    i have to agree with almost everything over here apart from the opinions people share on cassano's attitude.
    he's a time bomb.yes.
    is it all due to totti's infulence?no.
    the general attitude at roma is poisonous.and im not defending totti,but blaming him for everything negative at the club is not right.we being juventus fans hate totti to the limit,but lets face it,he is a fantastic player,the sad thing is that he leads one of the most self destructive teams in europe.im sure that totti doesnt go around preaching hate in the roma lockeroom.at almost 29 years of age,i beleive that he does try to do his best for the club,and i dont agree with people who say that totti is to blame for cassano's attitude.people need to realize that totti has almost single handedly turned a mid table club into one that is capable of challenging for the scudetto.people need to realize that totti doesnt make roma fall,rather roma makes totti fall.and i dont think any captain in italy has the same weight on his shoudlers like the one totti has.he is the ONE player who is supposed to make roma rise from the ashes time and again.and even though im not a roma fan,i do belive that next season roma might well be back to their best.
    the totti chain then moves on to cassano.i strongly disagree with people who place all the blame for cassano's attitude on totti.like i said before,the general atttitude at roma is poisonous,from the fans to the players,the patience level is zero,the expectations are sky high,and when the players succumb to the pressure,their attitude takes a nose dive too.
    cassano's attitude has got more to do with the club he's at,rather than the player who captains him.roma probably have the most frustrated squad in italy rite now,and that frustration then moves on the pitch.
    from challenging for the scudetto one year,to ALMOST being caught in a relegation dog fight the next year,the players will get frustrated.and you need to sympathize with them for that.
    we all know that zlatan is a player who had quite a few discipline issues himself before joining juventus.but did he get out of hand at juventus?no he didnt.true,capello did his bit to keep him focused,but the external factors played a major role in keeping zlatan focused too.he was at a SUCCESFUL club,a club that is almost guaranteed success,and this is something cassano is not a part of.at roma,he is a part of a very inconsistent club that has players of immense ability,but can self destruct anytime.if he joins juventus,i do feel that the general attitude prevailing at the club will calm down his destructiveness.the discipline level at juventus is far greater than the one at roma,the fans at juventus are feel less volatile and unsympathetic than the ones at roma.once he leaves roma,his attitude will change with or WITHOUT capello.true,capello is his mentor,but it does not necessarily mean that he will cling to capello everywhere he goes.i belive that once he joins juventus,he will win trophies,and he will develop a bond with juventus,which could well be greater than the bond he has with capello.he wants success,if juventus can provide him with success,with or without capello,im sure he would be content.
    ccoming on to his discipline problems,well.bad discipline is not always a sign of bad things.diego maradona,eric cantona,geroge best..remember them?they werent saints.but i dont think any one can deny that they were some of the greatest players the game ever saw.juventus had davids.he was far from being a saint,and what is he regarded as now?one of the best midfielders juventus had in recent times.
    give cassano a chance,
    let him move out of roma,and into juventus.
    i do belive that he will change for the better.
    and will he join juventus this season?i think he will.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
    I dunno about anyone else but imtired of Capello getting what he wants, hes bring all these fvcking romans to our club, we are not roma we are Juventus, i dont want cassano at our clb and i am against selling Del Piero, this is ludacris with what he wants to bring to our club. I cant belive Moggi isnt stepping in on this, Fvck Roma and Fvck Cassano

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Well, I have to say that this is the first thread concerning Del Piero in wich I see people discussing without sentence lie " Del Piero Sucks" or "Del Piero is the best"

It has bee a while since we can discuss like mature people about this matters...

I bet that someone is gonna ruin this :D

++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
    I dunno about anyone else but imtired of Capello getting what he wants, hes bring all these fvcking romans to our club, we are not roma we are Juventus, i dont want cassano at our clb and i am against selling Del Piero, this is ludacris with what he wants to bring to our club. I cant belive Moggi isnt stepping in on this, Fvck Roma and Fvck Cassano
    :rolleyes: :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    i have to agree with almost everything over here apart from the opinions people share on cassano's attitude.
    he's a time bomb.yes.
    is it all due to totti's infulence?no.
    <edit>
    Whew. I just feel like a did a face plant in a bowl of alphabet soup. ;)

I don't speak for everyone here, but I never thought that Cassano's attitude and tantrums can be attributed to just Totti or Roma either. Totti is a fantastic player who is his own worst enemy. That he is a captain is still a joke. But I wouldn't say that Cassano isn't his own man and only emulates the behaviors that Totti exemplifies.

I don't think Totti adds any value to Cassano's maturity. But that doesn't mean Totti is responsible for Cassano's lack of maturity. It just means that you pair up two class clowns together and no one gets any homework done in class.

Cassano was that way back at Bari, before Totti (BT?). With the right influences, I think he can grow a little beyond that. But he'll always be a little sh*t at heart, no matter what. The challenge is making productive use of that, and that's where there needs to be a good coaching staff and team leadership in place to constructively harness that without allowing it to self-implode.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    Saying "We don't need Cassano now, maybe next year" is not realistic. Doesn't his contract expire next season? We'd be competing with Inter, Real Madrid and possibly Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd. And we cannot offer high wages like any of them. Right now, Inter seem happy, Chelsea have Crespo and Real want Robinho. Next year, it could be very different, and we could find ourselves outbid in the race for Cassano.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    that is what im saying.
    just because he has discipline issues does not mean that he wont do great things at juventus.
    the coaching staff,the team leader,juventus as a whole,is organized enough to take full advantage of his good qualities and keep his bad qualities at a minimal.
    and im not including capello over here.by the time capello leaves juventus,i beleive the overall atmosphere at the club would have moulded cassano into someone who's qualities on the football pitch outshine all the negativity surrounding him.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
    I agree to keep DP and forget Cassano...reasons are:
    1. Cassano is too expensive, his price tag isnt correspond to his qualities (skill and mental)
    2. Although DP is no longer at his top, he can still play another year. He will try his best to re-gain his NT position for WC06. We can sell him for a lot of $$ to Japan after next season.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    he should be brought at juventus as soon as possible,simply because he has more time to remove the self destructiveness from his personality.
    and i do see himself as the one who will take over from where del piero left.
    he should be signed asap,so the club has more time to mould him into the great player that i belive he will become one day.
    he's like a rough piece of art,and the sooner you get to work on it,the greater it will become.
    other clubs will offer him more financial rewards next year.
    plus,there is no guarantee that we will get him on a free next year.if roma have a great season,he might want to stay there.
    roma have had a bad season,its the perfect time to snap him up.
    the sooner,the better.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
    BTW, I am a bit worried about why Zebina, Emerson and DP were all missing in the pre-season matches...a bit strange to these absences of our key players....

Really hope that there isn't deals undergoing...~~~
    Otherwise, it won't be an ideal end of transfer campaign~~

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    and how would del piero's departure fund cassano's arrival? what, you expect to get 20m for ale? get real, no one's paying that.
    We wouldn't pay straight cash for Cassano, you know. I'm sure we could get at least 10m for DP and Tudor is on his way out too, maybe even Tacchinardi and Zalayeta. 12m + Miccoli should do the trick.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Spot on Stu. Was looking at 12m as the magical figure. I think thats what the rumours earlier in the summer had sugested anyway. Dont think itll be much more than that.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    i dont know guys i admit i like del piero, anyway the point is that why change del piero he still has got class, he still scores he still dribbles then wtf do we have to change him? and another good point we dont want anymore of roma's shit in juve. fuk cappello and his roma players

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    The Trofeo TIM may be quite meaningless but from what I've read both Mutu and Del Piero played very well today and seemed to be on the exact same wavelength. I say we give them time and see what they can do together.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think Cassano will have matured enough by the time Capello leaves us. Remember, its not just Capello that will be a positive influence on him, but the club and its environment as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)