The...I want this player to Juve thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Tiago was pretty good but not better than Zanetti was the season before. Don't forget that Marchisio, Sissoko and Alonso (or whoever else we acquire for this position) would be ahead of him in the pecking order.

We do not need six central midfielders, and the only two who are expendable are Tiago and Poulsen. The latter has just arrived and seems to be more content being a backup than Tiago is.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Tiago was pretty good but not better than Zanetti was the season before. Don't forget that Marchisio, Sissoko and Alonso (or whoever else we acquire for this position) would be ahead of him in the pecking order.

We do not need six central midfielders, and the only two who are expendable are Tiago and Poulsen. The latter has just arrived and seems to be more content being a backup than Tiago is.
Zanetti has been good this season :S, he hasnt even played. So in my books tiago > zanetti this season.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
he said the season before.
I know but why are we comparing the two for last year's performance, zanetti has been a non factor this year while tiago played well. Both have similar wages I believe so logically it would be better to get rid of an injury prone player.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Buffon
(Manninger)

Right back - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Molinaro
(Grygera) - (Centre back/Mellberg) - (Criscito)

Camoranesi - Alonso - Sissoko - Hleb
(Hleb/Brazzo) - (Marchisio/Zanetti/Poulsen) - (De Ceglie/Giovinco)

Amauri - Del Piero
(Trezeguet/Giovinco/Paolucci)

And I don't expect us to buy Alonso. He's been great for Liverpool this season and will be much harder to acquire. It's not a top priority though, an RB and winger is.

Zanetti has been good this season :S, he hasnt even played. So in my books tiago > zanetti this season.
I said last season. Thing is, we would get little money for Zanetti and he won't complain being a reserve. I'd like us to keep the core of our squad that stayed in Serie B.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I know but why are we comparing the two for last year's performance, zanetti has been a non factor this year while tiago played well. Both have similar wages I believe so logically it would be better to get rid of an injury prone player.
Zanettoi had injury problems all season long, how can we compare his performance of this year to Tiago's? Does that make him bad for not playing this year?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Buffon
(Manninger)

Right back - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Molinaro
(Grygera) - (Centre back/Mellberg) - (Criscito)

Camoranesi - Alonso - Sissoko - Hleb
(Hleb/Brazzo) - (Marchisio/Zanetti/Poulsen) - (De Ceglie/Giovinco)

Amauri - Del Piero
(Trezeguet/Giovinco/Paolucci)

And I don't expect us to buy Alonso. He's been great for Liverpool this season and will be much harder to acquire. It's not a top priority though, an RB and winger is.

I said last season. Thing is, we would get little money for Zanetti and he won't complain being a reserve. I'd like us to keep the core of our squad that stayed in Serie B.
three things:

1- get rid of Brazzo too

2- Legrotaglie should be a back up, and we should get a better quality. Not that he is bad, but he isn't that great that we can rely on him, he is error prone, even thou he had loads of great matches too. But I wouldn't rush to get one.

3- not to forget, bench Molinaro

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Two things:

1- get rid of Brazzo too

2- Legrotaglie should be a back up, and we should get a better quality. Not that he is bad, but he isn't that great that we can rely on him, he is error prone, even thou he had loads of great matches too. But I wouldn't rush to get one.
1. We'd get no money for him. Might as well keep him for his versatility and 3p against Milan.

2. Sure. But I doubt we'll be able to get our hands on a world class defender. Perhaps we would buy someone promising such as Sakho, who would have to prove himself first.

3. Criscito's been playing LB in a 4 man defence for Genoa and been decent. De Ceglie might learn how to defend.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Zanetti is injury prone so no matter how good he was it's not so ideal to keep him and sell Tiago.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Душан;1884333 said:
Zanetti is injury prone so no matter how good he was it's not so ideal to keep him and sell Tiago.
Our central midfielders would be:
Sissoko
New one
Poulsen
Marchisio
Zanetti

And in emergency:
Ekdal
Camoranesi

So we'd be able to cope with Zanetti being injured. I'd like to keep him until the end of his contract. Like I said, we wouldn't get much by selling him either and he seems to have a positive effect on the team.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Душан;1884333 said:
injury prone is better than error prone. 4 defensive midfielders including Zanetti is good enough fotr Juve. And if we still get more than 2 injuries and say 3, we can call someone from primavera, or play some one else in center, not necessary a defensive midfielder..

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Our central midfielders would be:
Sissoko
New one
Poulsen
Marchisio
Zanetti

And in emergency:
Ekdal
Camoranesi

So we'd be able to cope with Zanetti being injured. I'd like to keep him until the end of his contract. Like I said, we wouldn't get much by selling him either and he seems to have a positive effect on the team.
That way Sissoko,Poulsen,Marchisio and Zanetti is enough.No need to buy someone else because we don't need 5 over there and plus it would be Sissoko and someone so it's waste to keep Marchisio,Zanetti and Poulsen benched.

It would be good if we use 4-3-1-2 which we don't.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Marceℓℓo;1884285 said:
Rumors say that Iaquinta wants to leave for Zenit.We still hesitate because we haven't found a replacement yet.Floccari would be our first choice but Atalanta don't want to release him in the middle of the season.They bought Plasmati though and that could release Floccari...another alternative is:Lucarelli:shifty:
What's the status on Quag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)