The...I want this player to Juve thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 28, 2002
All three would be excellent siginings if we were still in serie a.

Future is looking bright if thats the type of player Didi looks for.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
serfaraaz said:
trez and ibra are leaving i think we shoould sign lucarelli
Well that is just an assumption,serfaraaz.
Gigli said that we will keep half of our stars(11 originally) ,we lost 4 players and Del Piero,Nedved and Buffon are staying so we have 2 more to lose and I doubt that we will lose 2 attackers.

The best option.in my opinion, is if we "lose" Ibrahimovic and Vieira.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
The most important thing inow s how we will pass the appeal.
The second thing is Buffon.Bravo for him if he stays,but I am not sure .
If we get less than 30 points we will be easily in A next year.Then ,I think everybody will see what is real Juve.
Dechamps proves again that he got vision.He will make hell of a Juve team,just wait and get back in Serie A.
Please get rid of Viera.Inter is a fine,fine club for him.Hopes are arising every day....

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
The most important thing now is how we will deal with the appeal.
If we get less than 30 points ,next year we will be in Seria a.
Then everybody will see who Juve is.
Next,I think Dechamps got an idea and vision.He will do a hell of a job,once we will be in Serie A.
I am very happy for Gigi,if he stays,but I am not sure.
Please,please,sell Viera to Inter.He is a perfect player for them.Not good enough for JUve.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dominic said:
I'd love him too(on the cheap), but I think the 'winger' departement is pretty well covered. So we don't need him really, not even in Serie B.
Indeed, we have enough wingers really.

I would also love to see us somehow bring Benoit Pedretti in, either on loan or on the cheap, and have him work with Deschamps. I'm pretty sure Didier thinks highly of Pedretti and with his skill of improving younger players it could turn out to be a great move.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
sateeh said:
wat positions we need to cover ? any suggestions

i think the CM is a place we should cover, unless we r going to use neddy there or ruben olivera.
We need somebody who can handle the ball centrally in midfield. Zanetti and Giannichedda are nothing but destroyers and I hate fielding two destroyers next to each other...and that's not just because it brings back horrendous nightmares of Capello..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would be pleased with this squad in one year, ready for Serie A.

Buffon

Balzaretti - Tudor - Givet - Chiellini

Marchionni - Zanetti - Pedretti - Ribery

Bojinov - Huntelaar

Dream formation obviously.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Andy said:
Indeed, we have enough wingers really.

I would also love to see us somehow bring Benoit Pedretti in, either on loan or on the cheap, and have him work with Deschamps. I'm pretty sure Didier thinks highly of Pedretti and with his skill of improving younger players it could turn out to be a great move.
I don't know, I highly doubt Lyon would let him go easily nor cheaply. Pedretti would be someone to look at a year from now.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Andy said:
We need somebody who can handle the ball centrally in midfield. Zanetti and Giannichedda are nothing but destroyers and I hate fielding two destroyers next to each other...and that's not just because it brings back horrendous nightmares of Capello..
yeah agree abt that, dont think we can get any big names especially the ones mentiond....pedretti or mascherano would be amazing.Especially the latter as i regard him as one of the best in the world at the moment, in regards of tough tackling and very good handling of the ball.

I suggested matteo paro in another thread, and from i read and saw i think he will do well in that position. The question is whether we can wait until he imposes himself on the games and on the team.

Hw abt volpi from sampa or even palombo from there as well? morrone from reggina or livorno if am not mistaken

that formation would be great Andy, but will be hard to get for a while imo

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
swag said:
:agree:

I don't even think it's Capello so much. Lippi was the same way in many respects when it came to acquiring and rotating in youth. It's really about the club itself.

Take a look at Capello at Roma before he took on the Juve job. The median age of his 2nd place squad there was around 24 or so -- a far cry from the typical 27-28 you find at Juve, Milan, etc.

I found an old post of mine where I review the median age of various Serie A teams, including Juve's over the years:
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=390844#post390844

Juve is going to have to lean towards more youth out of necessity -- breaking with our Serie A position and tradition.
Swag,

I agree with you that the big teams tend to have older players. This is natural given that winning is just more than having talented players, as it requires mental strenghts and ability to keep concentration throughout the long season.
Seasoned veterans who went through many of these aspects tend to have better physique and mental concentrations than younger ones breaking through as the season carries on.

However, even the big clubs, IMO, cannot solely rests on veterans buys to provide the extra depth every team needs. The matter of fact is that some established stars may not play upto expectation and ideally every team would like to have replacements on the bench. Economic way of providing these extra replacemen is obviously youth academy, and to some extent every single team except Inter and us rely on their youth policy out of necessity.

To give casual observation,
Man Utd: Giggs, Rossi, Scholes, Beckham, O,Shea, Bardsely, Neville
Barcelona; Iniesta, Puyol, Oleguer, Xavi, Messi, Valdes
Real: Casillas, Raul Bravo, Raul, Pavon, Guti, Morientes
Arsenal: Basically the whole squad.

Obviously, we are unique because Moggi, despite all his faults, was an outstanding evaluator of talents and we had a knack of finding young talented players from the lower principal teams such as Atalanta, Perugia, and co. Furthermore, we mainly used our youngsters as more of a bargaining chips.
So our uniqe competitive advantage from our competitors enabled us to form more mature and complete squads and the squad depth IMO was the key factor behind Lippi's success. (Not Fabio's since this idot cant see more than 15players)

Nonetheless, if you look at Fabio's track record, I just can't see a player he was able to raised and develop through the ranks.
At Milan, he already inherited phenomenal backline, and in truth, I think any manager with the back four of Tassotti/Panucci, Baresi, Costacourta/Galli, Maldini would have had their share of success. To give Capello some slack, anyone who would have experiented with that team would have been an idiot.
At Real, his policy was to buy. His success was built on buying likes of Carlos, Seedorf, Karenbeu, Savio, et al.
At Roma, he already inherited a squad of young players. However, the matter of fact is that these players were already went to critical phase of their careers and had more or less established themselves at the top level.
It was in Zeman's helm when Totti, Del Vecchio, Candela, Tommas, et al made their breakthrough. What Capello did was the bring in likes of Bati, Emerson, Samuel, Montella and give that extra quality upfront to already unspectacular but solid team.

To me, there is a clear pattern in Capello's track record. He finds team with a solid foundation and sees an element or two missing in these teams, and replaces them through transfer market. In all, Capello knows what team he wants and builds teams in his image. Good manager? I would say without a shadow of doubt yes. But he just simply isnt a very good coach IMO - only reinforced by his handling of Zlatan. In his career, Capello has only brought up one player through the critical phase of trying estalish oneself in the league and that is Raul IMO.

Of course this says nothing about Didier's ability to raise youngsters.
However, I think the biggest attributes the coach needs in raising youngsters is compassion - ability to understand the unstable inner physque of the kids.
Didier has always came across to me as a soft, and quite understanding man - contrary to the disciplinary nature of Capello.
And even if the sample is too small to judege comphrehensively about his ability as coach, I liked what he did with Monaco and at this stage of career, taking away the name values and reputation, I personally reckon Didier might just be better coach than Fabio.

taquin

Apr 7, 2004
this is my formation for dd and the new season @ serie b
right to left

buffon

birindelli - legro - kovac - balzaretti

tudor

marchionni - nedved - olivera / kapo

del piero - bojinov

bench full of youngsters lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)