The...I want this player to Juve thread (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
haha, with those targests we are almost as good as the old juve, if not better, huntelaar! woah thank god fiorentina went down because they wanted him and i heard we can get him cheap, ribery, well i cant deny his sheer talent, and givet - i dont mind, he was integral under didi in his monaco days.

ooh yeah! the future's bright! the future's black and white!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I don't share everyone's excitement over Huntelaar for the simple fact that there's a good chance he won't replicate his form in Italy, but he's a very decent prospect nonetheless. Ribery likewise will have to adapt his game to Serie A. Givet on the other hand is iffish at best, I wouldn't mind having him on the bench but seeing that Kovac may be staying after all as well as Tudor and Leggrotaglie it may be premature to look at players who will largely be consigned to the reserves in Serie A.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Desmond said:
I don't share everyone's excitement over Huntelaar for the simple fact that there's a good chance he won't replicate his form in Italy, but he's a very decent prospect nonetheless. Ribery likewise will have to adapt his game to Serie A. Givet on the other hand is iffish at best, I wouldn't mind having him on the bench but seeing that Kovac may be staying after all as well as Tudor and Leggrotaglie it may be premature to look at players who will largely be consigned to the reserves in Serie A.

bare i mind though that didi is more likely to get best out of huntelaar, hes a much harder worker on the pitch than zlatan, and i have to say huntelaar reminds me alot like toni, very similar in their style.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
good to know that he has the future to focus on, i would've liked if he kept his cards close to side though.

but we have two championships infront of us this season , and i would like it if he focused on these more. Its essential that we gain instant promotion, and also if we can we do well in the coppa italia, so we can get europe next season.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
YES to Ribery, i really like this guy and im sure he can progress a lot more at a team like Juventus!

I have only seen Huntlaar play once at Herenveen and he did not impress me, but he has matured and scored lots of goals for Ajax so could be good.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
too many attackers are being mentioned where attackers are not really that imp at the moment we have bojinov, del piero, palladino, zalayeta, volpato .. trezeguet and ibrahimovic

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Boksic said:
YES to Ribery, i really like this guy and im sure he can progress a lot more at a team like Juventus!

I have only seen Huntlaar play once at Herenveen and he did not impress me, but he has matured and scored lots of goals for Ajax so could be good.

he scored sumthing like over 40 goals combined with herenveen and ajax, and scored a few in the cl including inter, in perspective to the goal ratio in the dutch eredivisie to serie A, i recon he wud easily get 20 goals min, but with quality around him, possibly pushing 30

AHKA

May 9, 2004
Ribery would be great but I'm afraid he will be bought by another club before Januari an d Huntelaar is surely the new van Basten more then Ibra coz Ibra never scored more then 13 goals in Holland and Huntelaar at the age of 19 already was the best man at the under 20 EC and scored 33 goals in 30 laegue matches.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Lets not get ahead ourselves. First and foremost, it is important to see what young players can bring to this squad.
The thing I really liked about Didier's comment is that he seems to be intent on developing youngstars. I do believe that Deschamp has more outgoing and compassionate than Capello, and there is a good chance that young players would break through. It would be interesting how he brings them on though. Would he just throw them into the matches and see what they've got? Or would he bring more slowly by giving last 20mins or so like he did Plasil while at Monaco? Whatever the case, Deschamp has a track record of developing talent, and this should bode well for our future.
I am especially curious as to how Maisello will be used next year. Never seen this kid play, so I am more excited.
If Kovac do stay, it would be a fantastic capture as he has all the experiences in the world, and can teach a trick or two to Masiello. But surely Kovac would have received far better offer than Serie B for a player of his calibre.

Anyway, is it just me that it is just a matter of time before we start asking Palladino or Bojinov? And I don't think Huntelaar is type of forward that can complement these mercurial youngsters well.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think they are exactly what Huntelaar needs. Dynamic, move a lot, good on the ball- support strikers to complement a more static Trezeguet type in the box finisher. Having one of Bojinov or Palladino playing around Huntelaar would work perfectly.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Dominic said:
I think they are exactly what Huntelaar needs. Dynamic, move a lot, good on the ball- support strikers to complement a more static Trezeguet type in the box finisher. Having one of Bojinov or Palladino playing around Huntelaar would work perfectly.
Dominic

I havent seen a lot of Huntelaar so I am sure that you are in much better position to judge his talent than me. But based on the games that I have seen him play against Inter, he didn't come to me as out and out forward type such as Lucarelli, Van Nisterlooy, Torres and to less extent even Trezeguet where you could count on strikers winning headers in the air or hold up the ball for the or making defenders tire out for more talented support strikers.
I think having at least one of three skill set is vital for a lone forward in modern day football and he doesn't seem to have quite the skill level to be considered as a support striker of highest calibre.
If Didier is planning on playing 3 forward up front, then I see no need Huntelaar given our glut of segunda punta's (Lets not forget we even got Miccoli on our books).
But yeah, I agree with you that the boy obviously has some talents (though I havent been convinced totally yet) and he does to some extent reminds me of young Pippo Inzaghi. I am no Inzaghi fan but his track record speaks the volume of his class, and I think Huntelaar will have simialr career.
Put him alongside with Bojinov or Palladino - I think he could be quite a hit.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The Inzaghi comparison might indeed be better than the Trezeguet comparison. Huntelaar's great strength is also his sense of awareness and positioning, like Inzaghi. Due to Huntelaar's length, he's also quite an aerial threat, with a lot of his goals being headers or coming from a cross he chests down. I would only sign him though if Trezeguet wasn't ours anymore.

Miccoli has been sent back to Benfica by the way, I don't think we'll ever use him.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Ribery sounds good to me,but Humtelaar.....we have many other good options.

Anyhow,this is so far from today,so first serie B and then after promotion it would be more realistic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Jun-hide said:
Lets not get ahead ourselves. First and foremost, it is important to see what young players can bring to this squad.
The thing I really liked about Didier's comment is that he seems to be intent on developing youngstars.
:agree:

A relegation like this is the perfect opportunity to switch from established, older players who have proven they can justify their wages in the past with younger, hungrier players who can learn, grow, and are out to prove themselves at a smaller payroll. Deschamps did this at Monaco out of necessity (and then his squad got pilfered for financial reasons once he made the CL.)

I do believe that Deschamp has more outgoing and compassionate than Capello, and there is a good chance that young players would break through.
I don't even think it's Capello so much. Lippi was the same way in many respects when it came to acquiring and rotating in youth. It's really about the club itself.

Take a look at Capello at Roma before he took on the Juve job. The median age of his 2nd place squad there was around 24 or so -- a far cry from the typical 27-28 you find at Juve, Milan, etc.

I found an old post of mine where I review the median age of various Serie A teams, including Juve's over the years:
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=390844#post390844

Juve is going to have to lean towards more youth out of necessity -- breaking with our Serie A position and tradition.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A Dutch to Juve when they reach Serie A; sounds to me like Milan getting Van Basten and ruling Europe for a certain time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)