The...I want this player to Juve thread (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Inter are ready to offer 14 million pounds for Vieira, so he should leave, i'll shoot juve if they didnt sell him. Roma are offering 10 million pounds for Trez, once again, he can leave as well. We dont need him in serie B when we have the younger players who are doing well. Zlatan will go to inter also, once again we dont need him. that is good money. we should try to get cash for camo, we dont need him when we have marchionni.

Is Palladino an out and out striker or is he more of a support striker? with del piero, bojinov, sculli, guzman...i think we may need a real out andout striker such as lucarelli.

buffon
balzaretti masiello givet chiellini
marchionni zanetti nedved
bojinov palladino del piero

that would rip serie B a new asshole.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jun-hide said:
Swag,

I agree with you that the big teams tend to have older players. This is natural given that winning is just more than having talented players, as it requires mental strenghts and ability to keep concentration throughout the long season.
Seasoned veterans who went through many of these aspects tend to have better physique and mental concentrations than younger ones breaking through as the season carries on.

However, even the big clubs, IMO, cannot solely rests on veterans buys to provide the extra depth every team needs. The matter of fact is that some established stars may not play upto expectation and ideally every team would like to have replacements on the bench. Economic way of providing these extra replacemen is obviously youth academy, and to some extent every single team except Inter and us rely on their youth policy out of necessity.

To give casual observation,
Man Utd: Giggs, Rossi, Scholes, Beckham, O,Shea, Bardsely, Neville
Barcelona; Iniesta, Puyol, Oleguer, Xavi, Messi, Valdes
Real: Casillas, Raul Bravo, Raul, Pavon, Guti, Morientes
Arsenal: Basically the whole squad.

Obviously, we are unique because Moggi, despite all his faults, was an outstanding evaluator of talents and we had a knack of finding young talented players from the lower principal teams such as Atalanta, Perugia, and co. Furthermore, we mainly used our youngsters as more of a bargaining chips.
So our uniqe competitive advantage from our competitors enabled us to form more mature and complete squads and the squad depth IMO was the key factor behind Lippi's success. (Not Fabio's since this idot cant see more than 15players)

Nonetheless, if you look at Fabio's track record, I just can't see a player he was able to raised and develop through the ranks.
At Milan, he already inherited phenomenal backline, and in truth, I think any manager with the back four of Tassotti/Panucci, Baresi, Costacourta/Galli, Maldini would have had their share of success. To give Capello some slack, anyone who would have experiented with that team would have been an idiot.
At Real, his policy was to buy. His success was built on buying likes of Carlos, Seedorf, Karenbeu, Savio, et al.
At Roma, he already inherited a squad of young players. However, the matter of fact is that these players were already went to critical phase of their careers and had more or less established themselves at the top level.
It was in Zeman's helm when Totti, Del Vecchio, Candela, Tommas, et al made their breakthrough. What Capello did was the bring in likes of Bati, Emerson, Samuel, Montella and give that extra quality upfront to already unspectacular but solid team.

To me, there is a clear pattern in Capello's track record. He finds team with a solid foundation and sees an element or two missing in these teams, and replaces them through transfer market. In all, Capello knows what team he wants and builds teams in his image. Good manager? I would say without a shadow of doubt yes. But he just simply isnt a very good coach IMO - only reinforced by his handling of Zlatan. In his career, Capello has only brought up one player through the critical phase of trying estalish oneself in the league and that is Raul IMO.

Of course this says nothing about Didier's ability to raise youngsters.
However, I think the biggest attributes the coach needs in raising youngsters is compassion - ability to understand the unstable inner physque of the kids.
Didier has always came across to me as a soft, and quite understanding man - contrary to the disciplinary nature of Capello.
And even if the sample is too small to judege comphrehensively about his ability as coach, I liked what he did with Monaco and at this stage of career, taking away the name values and reputation, I personally reckon Didier might just be better coach than Fabio.
great post

i think that cap is a coach that knows how to get success, even though he doesnt build a squad but he knows wat r his objectives in any club and knows how to grab success by the throat. He was brought to juve to bring success, and he did.He didnt promise attractive football or anything abt the players. He said if u want sucess i will bring it and he did.

i liked DD's monaco, upsetting everyone in their path especially RM when they overturned that result. He gave many players a great push and got the best of them especially Morientes.So we know he could help the younger players as well as the more experienced ones.
Whether he could grind out results is the problem with him, if he teaches the team that then we will be ok....we need that side in this cause with the point deduction we will have to grind out some results and i expect that most serie B teams will defend brutally against us and we dont have the players to change a game from the bench.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Adrian said:
Inter are ready to offer 14 million pounds for Vieira, so he should leave, i'll shoot juve if they didnt sell him. Roma are offering 10 million pounds for Trez, once again, he can leave as well. We dont need him in serie B when we have the younger players who are doing well. Zlatan will go to inter also, once again we dont need him. that is good money. we should try to get cash for camo, we dont need him when we have marchionni.

Is Palladino an out and out striker or is he more of a support striker? with del piero, bojinov, sculli, guzman...i think we may need a real out andout striker such as lucarelli.

buffon
balzaretti masiello givet chiellini
marchionni zanetti nedved
bojinov palladino del piero

that would rip serie B a new asshole.
my problem with this formation is that its too attacking.Basically zanetti will have to give cover for the neddy and marchionni by himself and he is the only player that has the qualities to disposes the opponents of the ball.
Alex and neddy dont have the legs to run around and defend as well as create attacks(since they r the only creative players we have in the side)

Also Palladino will need to be trained as target man to be played in that position as he is a support striker.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Juve_Kosova said:
dident u watch the World Cup???

Ribery was one of the best players !

anyway, Ribery and Huntelaar would be great signings...

Forza Juve !
Maybe he is not sure that Ribery want to play in serie-B.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Jun-hide said:
Obviously, we are unique because Moggi, despite all his faults, was an outstanding evaluator of talents and we had a knack of finding young talented players from the lower principal teams such as Atalanta, Perugia, and co. Furthermore, we mainly used our youngsters as more of a bargaining chips.
So our uniqe competitive advantage from our competitors enabled us to form more mature and complete squads and the squad depth IMO was the key factor behind Lippi's success. (Not Fabio's since this idot cant see more than 15players)

At Roma, he already inherited a squad of young players. However, the matter of fact is that these players were already went to critical phase of their careers and had more or less established themselves at the top level.
It was in Zeman's helm when Totti, Del Vecchio, Candela, Tommas, et al made their breakthrough. What Capello did was the bring in likes of Bati, Emerson, Samuel, Montella and give that extra quality upfront to already unspectacular but solid team.

To me, there is a clear pattern in Capello's track record. He finds team with a solid foundation and sees an element or two missing in these teams, and replaces them through transfer market. In all, Capello knows what team he wants and builds teams in his image. Good manager? I would say without a shadow of doubt yes. But he just simply isnt a very good coach IMO - only reinforced by his handling of Zlatan. In his career, Capello has only brought up one player through the critical phase of trying estalish oneself in the league and that is Raul IMO.
I really think that our youth policy was in the hands of the Juve board and not Capello. Cap was ready to take back Palladino this season had we not have been relegated.

He did do a good job with Cassano though....

Anyhow, he was always brought into clubs who looked for immediate success, and what Cap did was always see the strenghts already at the Club and bought some players to fill the holes and strengthen their weaknesses.

I think the main purpose of a club is to Win and become profitable...growing homeclub players isn't actually a main purpose, it is more of a side project of a club.

Besides, its really hard to rotate between: Star Player and Potential Youth in training.

Youngsters need a lot of time on the pitch to make their mistakes and learn from them, while successful clubs need to continuosly win. There can be a good balance(although very rare and hard to do) but it will never go completely hand in hand.

Thats why we loan out our youths, and keep veteran stars to win for us.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
I really think that our youth policy was in the hands of the Juve board and not Capello. Cap was ready to take back Palladino this season had we not have been relegated.

He did do a good job with Cassano though....

Anyhow, he was always brought into clubs who looked for immediate success, and what Cap did was always see the strenghts already at the Club and bought some players to fill the holes and strengthen their weaknesses.

I think the main purpose of a club is to Win and become profitable...growing homeclub players isn't actually a main purpose, it is more of a side project of a club.

Besides, its really hard to rotate between: Star Player and Potential Youth in training.

Youngsters need a lot of time on the pitch to make their mistakes and learn from them, while successful clubs need to continuosly win. There can be a good balance(although very rare and hard to do) but it will never go completely hand in hand.

Thats why we loan out our youths, and keep veteran stars to win for us.
spot on

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i think we will be left emptyhanded. ribery and huntelaar will be heading somewhere else. top teams already are looking for huntelaar and by january he probably might be playing somewhere else.

ribery might be leaving to arsenal, bayern (maybe even real)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
FM wat r u talking abt.

Anyway those extra appeals could hurt our mercato alot(if there was going to any mercato for us this season), i say unless there is a guarrenteed percentage that they could be successful, then they would just concern the team and take the efforts of the management. Where everyone should focus on success next year where ever that is.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
i think we will be left emptyhanded. ribery and huntelaar will be heading somewhere else. top teams already are looking for huntelaar and by january he probably might be playing somewhere else.

ribery might be leaving to arsenal, bayern (maybe even real)
Again those real idiots.:disagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)