The...I want this player to Juve thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
In condition that we sell some players (I'm not going to mention them since the thread's title is I want this player to Juve), I need Cannavaro, Metzelder, Canini, Ribery, Diego, Ljunberg, Gasparroni, Lampard, Paulocci, Pizarro and Toni.

• Metzelder, Ljunberg and Pizarro will cost us nothing, as they will be on free agents in the summer.
  • Both Cannavaro and Canini will cost us around £6M
  • Lampard will cost us just £8M. As according to the new FIFA law, as a player, whose age is 28 or more and served already 3 of his contract, can buy the rest of his contract for £8M on the maximum.
  • Ribery is the most expensine in my wish list, I think he is valued around £13M.
  • Toni won't cost us a lot as his price is nearly as the price of Trezegut, who most probably on his way out of Delle Alpi.
  • Diego won't cost us more than £8M.
  • Both Gasparroni and Paulocci are already ours. Paulocci is to replace Bojinove, who is most probably will return to Fiorentina after the end of his loan.

So, the amount of required funds are around £35M. Secco has stated that Juventus had put £24M to be spent in the summer for the transfers. Secco negotiating talents and the players, who we are going to sell, may reduce the £11M gap between the amount of money we put (£24M) and the amount of money required for landing the players in the wish list of mine (£35M).

Lampard will not join Juve. First of all, his wages are too high. Second we play no CL. Third is his girlfriend or wife is Catalan. Barca is his most likely destination.
Ribery will cost more than 13m because we are not the only ones who want him. and we can't afford all those players. Their wage bill would be too high. and Diego is wanted by other clubs ,plus he's playing really well for Bremen. They are not going to let him go for a silly amount of 8 million.

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
Lampard will not join Juve. First of all, his wages are too high. Second we play no CL. Third is his girlfriend or wife is Catalan. Barca is his most likely destination.
Ribery will cost more than 13m because we are not the only ones who want him. and we can't afford all those players. Their wage bill would be too high. and Diego is wanted by other clubs ,plus he's playing really well for Bremen. They are not going to let him go for a silly amount of 8 million.
:agree:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
If you give yourself a mull, you'll perceive that we have lots of players that we should sell. Therefore, buying 9 or more players is expected, besides we need a competitive squad.

Regarding Diego, I value him around £10M.
Diego is valued more than that IMO, but again, Im not sure Bremen will let him go, and even if they do, I doubt he would choose a CL-less club like ours.

Dalton

Apr 6, 2006
Juventus must have a new look. And this will start from next season. There are few players that in my opinion i will keep them with us, the others i wish them all the good fortunes with other teams.

My Team:

Gk: Buffon, Mirante, Belardi

Df: Zambrotta,Cannavaro,Grygera,Chiellini, Balzaretti, R.Kovac,Criscito,Boumsong/Luisao,Molinaro.

Mf: Ribery/Quaresma, Sissoko, C.Zanetti,Nedved, Marchionni, Palombo,Paro,Salihamdzic, Gakpe'.

Att: Klose, Del Piero, R.Bianchi,Saviola,Palladino.

I think we should have this team, a team with many youngsters and some experience players that will teach them and grow behind superstars. In this team you'll see Boumsong. Yes I will give him time to prove himself cause I think he will integrate more in the team. Forza Juve!!!!!!!!

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
My Team:

Gk: Buffon, Mirante, Belardi [as long as Gigi is here no need of reinforcments]

Df: Grygera,Chiellini, Balzaretti, R.Kovac,Criscito, Metzelder, Barzagli[I must say that getting Barzagli is neccesary-all cost, ok maybe up to 14mil euros,not more! And WTF I forget Van Den Borre great construction for CB, and cheap i think, lets hope :)]

Mf: Kerlon[he's creative attacker, that can be easuly transformed to a winger with the right aproach], Sissoko, C.Zanetti,Nedved, Marchionni,Salihamdzic, '.[and we must get fantastic def midfield, i don't know nameone!]

Att: Klose, Del Piero, Bojinov,Palladino, and Pato maybe
And i must leave C ronaldo, Lampard, Gerard cas they R all wishes just wishes...

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I was wondering why Juventus wouldn't want to go after Cassano. He will be cheap and has a huge potential. Perhaps at Juve and after all the tough lessons he has learned, he will be able to be everything he should. Del Piero is a great player, but he is getting old and needs to start 30% of the games and come off the bench at the end of tight games for the other 70%. I think Cassano and Del Piero sharing the playing time would be perfect.

The only solutions for the striker role would be someone who is tall. In my opinion, Luca Toni is a very important player to bring in. He is the best striker "available" to Juventus. Klose is very good, but he doesn't have the same greatness factor as Toni. Toni does a lot more than score more goals in the toughest league to score goals every year. He also opens up the entire area in front of the opponents keeper.

In the midfield I think we need a player like Mascherano to play next to Paro. However, I don't think Paro can handle an entire season in serie a yet. I beleive that the acquisition of someone like emerson would be key. A solid vet to add some grit and split time with the center midfielders. I always like Nedved in the CMF. That would be a solid option, but then who plays that left side mid? D'Agostino would be a nice peice of creativity to offset the speed and grit of Camoranesi on the right flank. Behind the starting flankers would then be Salihamidzic, Marchioni, De Ceglie, and Marchisio. I think DeCeglie and Marchisio need to spend a few years on loan before they are ready for Juve, but are decent 3rd stringers for now. Perhaps Mauro Esposito would be good for Juve. He is expected of too much at cagliari and I beleive if placed on a team live Juventus, where he has talent to support him, would do perfect in that role.

In my opinion, the single most important acquisition this off-season will be picking up Barzagli. He IS the future of Italian defending and there is no team that he deserves to play for more than the great Juventus. Putting a player likeMetzelder next to him would be perfect. A nice big and tall defender to work with. I think that would be a tremendous duo. Chiellini is very solid at left full back, and Grygera is a good right back. Of course, nothing would be better than picking up Zambrotta to play ahead of Grygera, but I believe that to be an unattainable dream. I think the Juventus weakness is still at the defense. Kovac is a good backup IF we acquire Barzagli and Metzelder, but Boumsong is not intelligent enough to play in Serie A. I think the Premiership is more suited for him. Zebina would be a good backup full back, but we wouldn't miss him if he was gone. Piccolo is an up and comming solid backup full back, but I don't think is ready for that role in the top level. Legrottaglie simply is not good enough to play for Juve. Unless he wishes to play on the 3rd line.

All these signings would be great. But, I don't think I am exagerrating anything when I say that Gigi Buffon MUST stay here. He IS the best keeper in the would, he is a team leader and is clutch. There is no one else like him. Juve, keep him at all costs.

So I guess my ideal (perhaps realistic) lineup for 2007-2008 season would be:

STARTING LINEUP

GK: BUFFON
CB: BARZAGLI
CB: METZELDER
RB: GRYGERA
LB: CHIELLINI

DMF: PARO
CMF: NEDVED
RMF: CAMORANESI
LMF: D'AGOSTINO

SS: CASSANO
CF: TONI

SUBS

GK: MIRANTE
CB: KOVAC
CB: FATY
SB: PICCOLO
SB: BALZARETTI

DMF: MASCHERANO
CMF: SISSOKO
LMF: SALIHAMIDZIC
RMF: MARCHIONI

SS: DEL PIERO
CF: PALLADINO
CF: ZALAYETA

I think that this lineup would give us a few options, game to game as far as mixing players with creativity, grit, speed. If we did pick up emerson, we could shift Nedved over to LMF. Anyways, I liked it. What do you guys think. Am I dreaming?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I was wondering why Juventus wouldn't want to go after Cassano. He will be cheap and has a huge potential. Perhaps at Juve and after all the tough lessons he has learned, he will be able to be everything he should. Del Piero is a great player, but he is getting old and needs to start 30% of the games and come off the bench at the end of tight games for the other 70%. I think Cassano and Del Piero sharing the playing time would be perfect.

The only solutions for the striker role would be someone who is tall. In my opinion, Luca Toni is a very important player to bring in. He is the best striker "available" to Juventus. Klose is very good, but he doesn't have the same greatness factor as Toni. Toni does a lot more than score more goals in the toughest league to score goals every year. He also opens up the entire area in front of the opponents keeper.

In the midfield I think we need a player like Mascherano to play next to Paro. However, I don't think Paro can handle an entire season in serie a yet. I beleive that the acquisition of someone like emerson would be key. A solid vet to add some grit and split time with the center midfielders. I always like Nedved in the CMF. That would be a solid option, but then who plays that left side mid? D'Agostino would be a nice peice of creativity to offset the speed and grit of Camoranesi on the right flank. Behind the starting flankers would then be Salihamidzic, Marchioni, De Ceglie, and Marchisio. I think DeCeglie and Marchisio need to spend a few years on loan before they are ready for Juve, but are decent 3rd stringers for now. Perhaps Mauro Esposito would be good for Juve. He is expected of too much at cagliari and I beleive if placed on a team live Juventus, where he has talent to support him, would do perfect in that role.

In my opinion, the single most important acquisition this off-season will be picking up Barzagli. He IS the future of Italian defending and there is no team that he deserves to play for more than the great Juventus. Putting a player likeMetzelder next to him would be perfect. A nice big and tall defender to work with. I think that would be a tremendous duo. Chiellini is very solid at left full back, and Grygera is a good right back. Of course, nothing would be better than picking up Zambrotta to play ahead of Grygera, but I believe that to be an unattainable dream. I think the Juventus weakness is still at the defense. Kovac is a good backup IF we acquire Barzagli and Metzelder, but Boumsong is not intelligent enough to play in Serie A. I think the Premiership is more suited for him. Zebina would be a good backup full back, but we wouldn't miss him if he was gone. Piccolo is an up and comming solid backup full back, but I don't think is ready for that role in the top level. Legrottaglie simply is not good enough to play for Juve. Unless he wishes to play on the 3rd line.

All these signings would be great. But, I don't think I am exagerrating anything when I say that Gigi Buffon MUST stay here. He IS the best keeper in the would, he is a team leader and is clutch. There is no one else like him. Juve, keep him at all costs.

So I guess my ideal (perhaps realistic) lineup for 2007-2008 season would be:

STARTING LINEUP

GK: BUFFON
CB: BARZAGLI
CB: METZELDER
RB: GRYGERA
LB: CHIELLINI

DMF: PARO
CMF: NEDVED
RMF: CAMORANESI
LMF: D'AGOSTINO

SS: CASSANO
CF: TONI

SUBS

GK: MIRANTE
CB: KOVAC
CB: FATY
SB: PICCOLO
SB: BALZARETTI

DMF: MASCHERANO
CMF: SISSOKO
LMF: SALIHAMIDZIC
RMF: MARCHIONI

SS: DEL PIERO
CF: PALLADINO
CF: ZALAYETA

I think that this lineup would give us a few options, game to game as far as mixing players with creativity, grit, speed. If we did pick up emerson, we could shift Nedved over to LMF. Anyways, I liked it. What do you guys think. Am I dreaming?
Very good post and some valid points... except for the ones about cassano and the one saying boumsong is better suited to the prem, DID YOU SEE HIM PLAY FOR NEWCASTLE?????

We dont want Cassano because he is a loose cannon, leave him to inter, the moment they harmonise their dressing room they want to bring in a player who is uncontrollable, so far in his career only capello managed to keep him on the right track and look at him now! As for his talent, its unquestionable, he can produce an moment of brilliance and then follow it up with a moment of complete insanity.

The only time Cassano has actually impressed me was Euro 2004 when he scored a few goals and worked endlessly for the team and that was under trap, we could even bring trap back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)