The...I want this player to Juve thread (105 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Zapata's Juve link denied Thursday 27 November, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese defender Cristian Zapata is allegedly in line for a move to Juventus, but a transfer looks unlikely.

The Colombian ace has been one of Udinese's key men during the Friulani's rise to calcio's summit.

A number of top clubs are said to be keeping a close eye on the 22-year-old, but his agent has scotched the latest rumours suggesting that Juve are preparing a bid.

“Cristian is hoping to show his value at Udinese,” Daniele Vidal told Tuttomercatoweb.

“A lot of clubs are interested in him, but I can confirm that there has not been any contact with Juventus.

“Personally, I think that all the stories have been invented by the media.

“In any case, I don't think the Old Lady have the money and I don't expect Udinese to sell any players either.”

Channel 4

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
excuse my ignorance to those who know more polish football than i do, but who?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese defender Cristian Zapata is allegedly in line for a move to Juventus, but a transfer looks unlikely.

The Colombian ace has been one of Udinese's key men during the Friulani's rise to calcio's summit.

A number of top clubs are said to be keeping a close eye on the 22-year-old, but his agent has scotched the latest rumours suggesting that Juve are preparing a bid.

“Cristian is hoping to show his value at Udinese,” Daniele Vidal told Tuttomercatoweb.

“A lot of clubs are interested in him, but I can confirm that there has not been any contact with Juventus.

“In any case, I don't think the Old Lady have the money and I don't expect Udinese to sell any players either.”

Channel 4

if zapata knew what was good for him in the long run, staying at udinese he will never achieve what he is capable of. no disrespect to udinese but they will never be a big club, and zapata has the potential to be one of the top defenders in the world, and needs a stage like juve's to prove that.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Zapata's agent also said that we're more inclined to buy Felipe instead of his client. Another lefty who can't play with Chiellini while we already have Criscito.

Good job Juve transfer gurus. :tup:

:rolleyes:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Zapata's agent also said that we're more inclined to buy Felipe instead of his client. Another lefty who can't play with Chiellini while we already have Criscito.

Good job Juve transfer gurus. :tup:

:rolleyes:
I don't rate Felipe all that highly, but why wouldn't he be able to play with Chiellini? Cannavaro and Thuram? Ferdinand and Vidic? Terry and Carvalho? All righties.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Channel 4

That pisses me off...how much would he cost?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We've been through this many times already. It's got to do with lefties having more trouble with their right foot and getting beat easier on the right...It's not proven scientifically but you can see that 2 pure lefties can't play on a constant basis together.

Materazzi and Samuel did against us but that's temporary. Mourinho uses Cordoba/Burdisso/Rivas on the right when they're available.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
We've been through this many times already. It's got to do with lefties having more trouble with their right foot and getting beat easier on the right...It's not proven scientifically but you can see that 2 pure lefties can't play on a constant basis together.

Materazzi and Samuel did against us but that's temporary. Mourinho uses Cordoba/Burdisso/Rivas on the right when they're available.
So lefties are worse on their right than righties are on their left? Doesn't really make sense to me.

In fact it should be easier for a lefty, since most footballers are righties.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
So lefties are worse on their right than righties are on their left? Doesn't really make sense to me.

In fact it should be easier for a lefty, since most footballers are righties.
From what I've seen, righties can get by with their left better than pure lefties with their right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)