The...I want this player to Juve thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
You know what, with Ranieri's strange ideas, explanations, claims and his interviews he is trying to prove he has his own specific style of football and that he understands the games differently. He is trying to prove he's the special one. But in reality he's a fucking retard and keeps proving it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well thats because Ranieri didnt want him. I remember him saying something like VDV is too offensive or something similar to that.
Ranieri said VdV wouldn't fit our 4-4-2, and he is correct.

It is, of course, unthinkable that we might alter our system to incorporate a world class player.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I remember when Ranieri arrived he said he wanted to build a team similar to Liverpool's.

The guy seems to have become obsessed with this stupid plan to turn us into a Liverpool side that was completely uncompetative in the EPL and had a major amount of luck in the Champions League. They have relied on Gerrard for most of their success, and we simply do not have someone like that in midfield, how can he not realise this!?

A straight 4-4-2 that can only attack from wide is too predictable, and buying countless defensive mids isn't going to help.

Ranieri needs to give up on this idiotic notion and buy quality instead of average players who "can fit into the system".

Look at Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca all successful teams recently that haven't stuck to one system and have flexibility to change things on a game by game basis.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
It is, of course, unthinkable that we might alter our system to incorporate a world class player.
that is not only Ranieris "problem" ...
Spaletti is the same ... it seems some coaches do have their favourite formation and always play that, because they are afraid other formations could be worse

in fact i had a coach from bavaria once and he wanted us to learn 4-4-2 (actually pretty much like Ranieri with two defensive midfielders) where everyone else in the league was playing with a sweeper (that was the second lowest division in germany). Guess what happened ... it did not work out and the coach was fired after 5 month or so

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
that is not only Ranieris "problem" ...
Spaletti is the same ... it seems some coaches do have their favourite formation and always play that, because they are afraid other formations could be worse

Thats part of why I'm not a huge fan of Spaletti, or Prandelli to some extent.

I want a coach that can organise a defence and who is tactically versatile.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Thats part of why I'm not a huge fan of Spaletti, or Prandelli to some extent.

I want a coach that can organise a defence and who is tactically versatile.
so what coaches are reknown for their ability to change formations ?

the worst example would be roberto donnadoni with his 4-5-1 that turns into a 4-3-3 while in attack ... we all know how that worked out, so obviously you need a coach that has not only the courage to change formations, but also know what that will result in ... i do not know many coaches outside the serie a or bundesliga so i can not give names other the ones you would expect of a EPL-Fanboy

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I remember when Ranieri arrived he said he wanted to build a team similar to Liverpool's.

The guy seems to have become obsessed with this stupid plan to turn us into a Liverpool side that was completely uncompetative in the EPL and had a major amount of luck in the Champions League. They have relied on Gerrard for most of their success, and we simply do not have someone like that in midfield, how can he not realise this!?

A straight 4-4-2 that can only attack from wide is too predictable, and buying countless defensive mids isn't going to help.

Ranieri needs to give up on this idiotic notion and buy quality instead of average players who "can fit into the system".

Look at Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca all successful teams recently that haven't stuck to one system and have flexibility to change things on a game by game basis.
All the teams you mentioned have a certain level of flexibility i agree and i think its important but all of them have consistently used a certain tactic. That is more important, giving the team time to gel using one formation and consistently deliver.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
so what coaches are reknown for their ability to change formations ?

the worst example would be roberto donnadoni with his 4-5-1 that turns into a 4-3-3 while in attack ... we all know how that worked out, so obviously you need a coach that has not only the courage to change formations, but also know what that will result in ... i do not know many coaches outside the serie a or bundesliga so i can not give names other the ones you would expect of a EPL-Fanboy
The same could be said of Mourinho though.
Being tactically versatile does not have to equate to changing the shape of the team.

Adjusting the balance between attack and defence at different times, attacking different parts of the opposition in different ways etc. Just being aware of how a game is developing and being able to adjust appropriately to what is going on.

I quite liked Donadoni's preferred shape, but he doesn't seem to be a good judge of player going by some of his weird starting XI's with Italy.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The same could be said of Mourinho though.
Mourinho used a fixed based 4-3-2-1 system but the guy reacts to what is happening on the pitch. He uses his substitutions to change the balance of the game, if he can see the midfield struggling he'll change his system etc.

There are very few reactive coaches that play in this way, Capello always stuck to the 4-4-2 as does ranieri the idiot. Ferguson is reactive as is Lippi and in a way roberto Mancini was also quite a reactive coach. People like ranieri, benitez, wenger, spaletti etc seem to be more scared of changing systems mid game

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Mourinho used a fixed based 4-3-2-1 system but the guy reacts to what is happening on the pitch. He uses his substitutions to change the balance of the game, if he can see the midfield struggling he'll change his system etc.

There are very few reactive coaches that play in this way, Capello always stuck to the 4-4-2 as does ranieri the idiot. Ferguson is reactive as is Lippi and in a way roberto Mancini was also quite a reactive coach. People like ranieri, benitez, wenger, spaletti etc seem to be more scared of changing systems mid game
Well noticed ;)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
How much do you guys value($) these players?

Rafinha:
Eboué:
Zapata:
Mexès:
Lucho:
Hamsik:
X. Alonso:
Aquilani:
Modric:
Zhirkov:
Diego:
Rakitic:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
In Euros

Eboué: 10m
Zapata: 15m
Mexès: 15m
Lucho: 18m
Hamsik: 25m
X. Alonso: 18m
Aquilani: 20m
Modric: 18m (but fuck knows what Spurs would want.)
Diego: 18m
Rakitic: 12m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)